View Poll Results: Are you up for a Tramp camp?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm up for a Tramp! (PM DianaS for more details)

4 23.53%
  • Yes, I'm coming dancing, but no tramping for me

2 11.76%
  • Yes, try and stop me. All those SHEEP

0 0%
  • No, The Tramp in Scotland - no point

0 0%
  • No, dancing is a silly girlie thing

2 11.76%
  • No, they burnt English people - it's a trap

9 52.94%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ceroc 'Hafan' Weekend, Pwllheli June 22-25 2007

Re: Ceroc 'Hafan' Weekend, Pwllheli June 22-25 2007

Ok my review, it might be a bit rushed cos

i'm back on line 1st time in 11 days

I tend not to focus on things like, views from the chalet or mugs, so my important bit's, are......

I was right next to the venue

I had lovely company to share with Mythical and Vicki (joining the forum soon) and of cause my lovely children, we had an extra bonus with some eye candy in the room adjacent (chunky Josh)

I have to say when I arrived I was a little apprehensive, I think you are when its new and different, it take a bit to get you bearings, but it didn't take long.

We had a wonderful time it was different, it seemed to have a Rockbotton's feel to it, I think that's why Diana might think it would be a good idea to market it with children in mind, I going to be bias cos of my children, but I do agree with her, this would be an excellent venue to market with children in mind, but limit the numbers like at Beach Boogie, I don't want loads of children running around either. The children that came, Debbie Atwoods 2 girls, Ringo n Star's, two Girls (Grace and Kate) Mini Mac and my two, they all dance at one point they were all at the side of the dance flooe in a line and Debbie and 'H' picked them off one by one and they all soon budded up together, they had a wonderful time, go-Karting and Swinging in the day, plus dancing on the evening.

I have to agree with TiggerBabe the standard of dancing was fab, and everyone seemed to be up for fun, it was a non threatening chilled atmosphere, and it gave people who would love to come into the 'blues room' at Southport but haven found the courage yet, chance to dance with challenging dancers to challenging music.

I think that one room work very well, especial for the above reason, there was no split with dance ability, and with a line up of the best entertainers in the business they really worked the room to its full potential, my advice keep one room for next year.

The Jive Aces on Sunday were Fab.

I can't comment on the lesson, you know I don't do them, but I did dance with quite a few people that hadn't been dancing long, and they used me as test to see if the routine worked, the feed back I got was that having small classes made it much more personal, more like a private lesson, and the people doing them benefited form it.

BARMPOTS sardines were fab on Saturday/Sunday, unlike his legs on Sunday/Monday

Tigger, oooooooo honey what can I say.

Would I book again, just try keeping me away.

It wasn't perfect, but it was the first at this site, there have been improvement's along the way for all the weekenders as they evolve, Mike did a good job, it takes a lot of organising, and with a bit of delegation the next will run like clockwork, i'm sure

and I bought a pair of dance shoes, they were very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    The children that came, Debbie Atwoods 2 girls, Ringo n Star's, two Girls (Grace and Kate) Mini Mac and my two, they all dance at one point they were all at the side of the dance flooe in a line and Debbie and 'H' picked them off one by one and they all soon budded up together, they had a wonderful time, go-Karting and Swinging in the day, plus dancing on the evening.
    I really enjoyed hanging out with Joe and Maddi We had a great time in the pool (those slides are amazing), and go karting was a laugh except i couldnt reach the peddles!!!!

I also liked meeting Paul and Sally's two girls Grace and Kate and i enjoyed dancing with them

Also Deb's girls Victoria and Emily were very nice and we all had a lovely time.
    Last edited by ducasi; 26th-June-2007 at 05:17 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post

I also liked meeting Paul and Sally's two girls Grace and Kate and i enjoyed dancing with them

:
    Paul and Sally have joined the forum they are Ringo n Star we just need to get them posting now
    Last edited by ducasi; 26th-June-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Hafan was really good and i thouroughly enjoyed myself! The haven site was huge and it had a lot to do incase anyone got bored.

It was unusual seeing non dancers there a lot, most of them younger children and dogs but i didnt let this put me off.

I think the chalets were very clean and quite comfortable.

Big thanks to 2tone who fed the 5000 admirably. (that food was scrumptious)

I done some great classes but also had some free time to do haven activites such as swimming and go karting with Joe and Maddi

I done two classes at the weekend.

The first was the amazing awesome foursome and Debs, 2tone, Andy and Ed you did great! You made it look so easy! But it was really good fun and i enjoyed it!

The second class was Lorraine and Mike's forties party and it was very entertaining.

One problem though...

I wish it had gone on longer as i really loved it! Mike taught me a bit of lindy and some handy footwork and we later used this in freestyle!

VJ and Jive aces were brill i'd never heard you before so it was certainly a treat for me!

But i was so pleased when i went to the arcade and won 3 spongebob teddies in the crane machine! I'd never won at those things before!

Hafan defintly had a bit of a rock bottoms vibe and i think thats why i would like to go again!

But i was so pleased when i went to the arcade and won 3 spongebob teddies in the crane machine! I'd never won at those things before!
    don't tell Jamie

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

don't tell Jamie
    Don't worry, Jamie was busy winning his own prizes at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Don't worry, Jamie was busy winning his own prizes at the weekend.
    oooo what have I missed

PM me

I do hope one of them is for me

I just found it very disappointing, that after so many people said they were up for a tramp, he never showed up.

I'm soooo pleased to see that you all enjoyed yourselves this weekend. As one of the crew members you tend to worry about whether or not people had a good time , so it's a relief to see these posts.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I was on the door on Friday night asking you to 'flash me'. My hubby was there too - the demo in pink on Saturday .

I agree that it was a really laid back atmosphere and there was no pressure to do anything unless you really wanted to. I did just one class the entire weekend, I was humming and haaa - ing (!) about it when Howard and Nicola walked by our apartment and told me they were going home as soon as their class was finished - choice was made - I did the class. And I was soooo pleased that I did - I did my very first aerial!.

There was really only one hitch to the weekend - we had to change apartments as it smelt like a cat had decided to mark out its territory in our living room . It took Kay about 10 minutes to get us a new apartment - NEXT DOOR!!! .

I'm editing this to add that I was thoroughly impressed with all of the kids this weekend. They were all so well behaved and charming (Joe - you know it's true).

There would be one thing that I'd encourage Mike to do: run the classes until 5.30pm and then instead of carrying the music on, have a bit of down time and finish the music. Then, at either 8pm or 9pm bring on the freestyle. I think that if people have a set time that they know the freestyle will start then more people will turn up en-masse rather than in dribs and drabs which is what seemed to be happening (I was on the door, I got worried). With the freestyles going on until 4am, there's not really any reason why this couldn't happen.

BTW - did anyone else get any of the Haven staff dancing. I had a lovely blues dance with Jan from behind the bar!

Are we going next year - as the Churchill dog would say ' oh yes!'
    Last edited by Fruity Oranges; 26th-June-2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: grammar/not finished

Smile Re: Ceroc 'Hafan' Weekend, Pwllheli June 22-25 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshoes View Post
    I just found it very disappointing, that after so many people said they were up for a tramp, he never showed up.
    Hey Blueshoes - the tramp did show but he was more of a trampette. We danced ourselves out Friday and slept in Saturday eat a late breakfast lunch and met up with those who were around. A small but able group looked at the sky and decided to jettison Snowdonia 'cas it was dark and stormy and head off to Cricketh castle. We did cricketh castle and saw the aftermath of maording Llewyns, were inspired enough to buy young Joe a quiver and bow and like true dancers hit the shops! Just on cue the rain came down and we headed back and went back to bed till the need for sustanance brought us out and hey it was time to dance again.

Sadly there wasn't enough time to round more people up, and with the weather and other uncertainties like what time we improvised on the moment.

I'm sorry that you are disappointed though

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I do hope one of them is for me
    soz jamie 2tones little boy Ethan luvs spongebob i myt get lucky and win another 1 and if i do then you can have him!

don't tell Jamie
    uh oh too late fletch hes already found out!

Thread Information