Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginners

Re: Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Mythical View Post
    I had an Elbow to the face from the guy I was dancing with once. I AM a beginner, and he'd been telling me all about how good he was, too!
    Not to defend the man in question, as I don't know who it was, but all of us can have accidents, no matter how good or bad we are.

I was once elbowed in the lip by one of the best female dancers I've had the privilege of dancing with. She was very apologetic of course, but these things happen. If you're not too badly hurt, the best thing to do IMO is laugh it off, reassure the person who did it that you don't hold it against them, and carry on dancing. (Unless of course it was the result of something stupid, like doing a lift on a crowded dance floor ... oops, did I mention lifts again? )

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    true! but as this is a beginners thread i aimed it to them
    Your comment and not your elbow I presume!

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    ettiquette is approached in the dance with each other ie beginners with intermeds and vis versa.

I have spoken of these issues in workshops and most of the sweatier members of the class do bring a change/towel/deo with them.
    I haven't noticed much in the way of ettiquette problems locally that would require anything said by the teacher. And I would say most would be open to a quiet word if there was a problem.

But Drathzel, as franchisee you really should have a word with your teacher - she's really cheeky sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post

Nearly had someone go through my foot once - their entire weight on a stilleto just above my toes. Was wearing my Blochs (unusually) and think that was the only thing that saved my foot from being speared. Never mind all the glancing blows and scratches...
    I have been speared in the foot by someone in stilletto heels like you and I still have the scar to prove it as unfortunately I was only wearing character shoes at the time.It was extremely painfull and I had bruising and pain in my foot for ages.

Why is this thread about beginners?

Or am I the only one to regularly (ok may be not that regularly) elbow my partners?

No later than last sunday McJester's jaws had a good feel of my forearm... (am really sorry McJ... )
    Now that I think of it, NZM too... ok may be it wasn't a 'knock-you-out-elbow-in-the-face' but it was still more than enough to be really embarrassed about it

I'm a bad follow

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Your comment and not your elbow I presume!

I haven't noticed much in the way of ettiquette problems locally that would require anything said by the teacher. And I would say most would be open to a quiet word if there was a problem.

But Drathzel, as franchisee you really should have a word with your teacher - she's really cheeky sometimes!
    well either or!!! he he

no we havent had many problems and as i said certain sweatier members bring towels and things

i know but what can i do she is a fab teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
    Not to defend the man in question, as I don't know who it was, but all of us can have accidents, no matter how good or bad we are.
    If you're not too badly hurt, the best thing to do IMO is laugh it off, reassure the person who did it that you don't hold it against them, and carry on dancing.
    Which, of course we did - just pointin out that it's not just beginners who are likely to empi you in the jowls!!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Poor Martin......always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
    Ha, I wish. Her bridesmaid is getting a 50s style polka-dot dress suitable for dancing.

Had my index finger dislocated at St Neots, and never been back there since, by a beginner who was no where near ready for the intermediates class. Lovely venue she just spoilt it for me since then. XXX XXX

Thread Information