Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black on Black crime

Blog Entries

Re: Black on Black crime

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    But we all say let the Iraqs get on with it and kill each other

explain the difference

Its a view not mine
    There is no difference Stewart, they are both bigotted, small minded, pointless statements.

You can't even agree with yourself now, never mind anyone else. We all say it, but it's not you view? Why the hell do you say it then?

Just for the record, that's a pile of steaming poo and I have never said it.

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    If anyone is interested I'm selling rope, £20-00 per neck
    Also Spades, no handle though - cheap at £5

Well now.

Read the whole thread, have no idea what anybody is trying to say.

Except Witty, who's being funny.

Let's get this straight. Identifying something as 'black' is not racist; identifying something as 'black on black' is not racist. If it can be shown that the label is not helpful, then it will be abandoned.

It's like this thing with the prostitutes in Ipswich. Nobody objects if a headline reads 'schoolgirl murdered' or 'bank manager murdered' or 'caretaker arrested' - it's just a description. But for some reason the use of the word 'prostitute' sent some people into orbit. My opinion? They are the ones who have the problem; I'd be a bit stunned if someone told me she was a prostitute, but it wouldn't otherwise change my opinion of her as a person. I was a bit surprised to find out that Mariah Carey is black, but it didn't make me change my opinion that she's a crap singer.

We can't pretend that we are all the same, and good grief we shouldn't want to do so - we are a race of individuals, not a sort of spiritual porridge.

All those people who are surprised that a) the police and b) the politicians are scrambling to be seen to be doing something about a media scare story? · · · · I thought not.

My solution? Decriminalise drugs. It's the only way. Take away the profit motive, and the gang culture will fizzle out like last week's balloons. And, incidentally, not the slightest evidence that drug usage will increase, in the long term, over the current policy which makes some very, very unpleasant people unbelievably wealthy, perverts and twists the natural course of the lives of very poor children and subjects everyone else to levels of violent crime which are completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    There is no difference Stewart, they are both bigotted, small minded, pointless statements.

You can't even agree with yourself now, never mind anyone else. We all say it, but it's not you view? Why the hell do you say it then?

Just for the record, that's a pile of steaming poo and I have never said it.

Is it bigotted, small minded, and a pointless statement to say pull the troops out of Iraq

Leave your predjuices at the door, if you cant debate without playing a race card or what ever card is your flavour of the day then dont bother it makes you looks very silly

Some peoples view would let the Iraqs get on with it, some peoples view would be let criminals (avoiding the black issue) get on with it ie kill each other

I say that as their views, because you hear the word black and pull up 22 bigot cards doesnt alter those 'views'

My view would be 10yrs in Prision if caught carrying a gun, is that clear now or is the word 'gun' not politically correct ??

Blog Entries

Is it bigotted, small minded, and a pointless statement to say pull the troops out of Iraq
    but that's not what you said Stewart, make up your mind.

But we all say let the Iraqs get on with it and kill each other
    "pull the troops out of Iraq" implies that your concern is for the troops. "Let the Iraqis kill each other" implies that you think all Iraqis are trying to kill each other and you don't give a t0ss.

I say that as their views, because you hear the word black and pull up 22 bigot cards doesnt alter those 'views'
    I'm not "playing race cards". I've been suggesting all along that you should consider how you word your statements to avoid being called racist.

I'm not "playing race cards". I've been suggesting all along that you should consider how you word your statements to avoid being called racist.
    Very simple question

Is the comment black on black crime a 'racist statement'

Only you have called me a racist

Very simple question

Its always the same on this forum. You can't express an opinion without someone jumping down your throat.

You are not racist Stewart. I read it as you expressing views in general, not your own beliefs.

Its probably best to state (just in case anyone gets the wrong idea) that...This is not my opinion but......

Look at me......overflowing with diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Its always the same on this forum. You can't express an opinion without someone jumping down your throat.

You are not racist Stewart. I read it as you expressing views in general, not your own beliefs.

Its probably best to state (just in case anyone gets the wrong idea) that...This is not my opinion but......

Look at me......overflowing with diplomacy.
    Agree !!!

lets start , this is not my opinion but .........your a lovely lovely girl

Blog Entries

Very simple question

No Stewart, of course it isn't.
    Should we encourage black on black gun crime, would that reduce the number of miscreants out there , if their killing each other what’s the problem ??
    could, however, be mis-interpreted as implying that you don't have a problem with black people killing each other, because they are miscreants.

I called you a racist? When? Maybe you'd care to provide a link?

All along, I've been trying to help you by suggesting that you could word your posts better to avoid being misuderstood.

this is not my opinion but .........your a lovely lovely girl
    You can go off some people you know.

I refer you to

Your a f**** F**** racist stewart38
    Now i think this is boring people im off to do some charity work

Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    I refer you to

Quote Originally Posted by Gav

Your a f**** F**** racist stewart38
    Quote Originally Posted by S38

Now i think this is boring people im off to do some charity work
    Stewart,

I have read and re-read your ramblings (god knows why) to try to extract some sense.
    I followed the link you gave (above) and it doesn't contain any text where you suggest Gav called you a racist.

Gav is valiantly trying to point out that what you have written can be misinterpreted and he is trying to think the best of what you have written. Then you go loopy and bring in yet more left-field stuff along the lines of " ... and don't get me started on the Vikings .. "

Is that substance you are on prescription or can we all buy it?

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Long View Post
    Stewart,

I have read and re-read your ramblings (god knows why) to try to extract some sense.
    I followed the link you gave (above) and it doesn't contain any text where you suggest Gav called you a racist.

Gav is valiantly trying to point out that what you have written can be misinterpreted and he is trying to think the best of what you have written. Then you go loopy and bring in yet more left-field stuff along the lines of " ... and don't get me started on the Vikings .. "

Is that substance you are on prescription or can we all buy it?

Clive
    Once again you have joined the party late

The above was like a joke and he accepted and gave us rep

trying adding something construction to the thread or give it a rest , you have done this more then once and it very tiring

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Long View Post
    Good God, you read every single one of his posts? Where did you find the time, man?
    (So that's why you weren't at Muswell Hill last night...)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Good God, you read every single one of his posts? Where did you find the time, man?
    (So that's why you weren't at Muswell Hill last night...)
    Read them i have to type them

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post

My solution? Decriminalise drugs. It's the only way. Take away the profit motive, and the gang culture will fizzle out like last week's balloons. And, incidentally, not the slightest evidence that drug usage will increase, in the long term, over the current policy which makes some very, very unpleasant people unbelievably wealthy, perverts and twists the natural course of the lives of very poor children and subjects everyone else to levels of violent crime which are completely unnecessary.
    It is the only way.
    Also need to get 50% of UK kids out of poverty.

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    I

Oh My... folk aren't going to like this post I fear but I'm a game girl and I'll throw in my tuppence on the above anyway.

I don't agree. In my opinion.......Drugs are an evil of the world. Taking them messes with your perceptions of the world around you and yourself. i.e. I can fllllyyyyyyyy - splat! There are studies available which claim to prove (I know ....."claim") a link between pot use and schizophrenia.... I've known of folk starting in college with the odd joint and ending up with theirlives in a mess injecting heroin. It scares me to think of what the consequences of making them legal will be. Things are bad enough with on the spot fines for personal use amounts. Mind you - I used to be a Customs Officer so I suppose my opinions (like everyone elses) are formed by my experiences.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzosoprano View Post
    Oh My... folk aren't going to like this post I fear but I'm a game girl and I'll throw in my tuppence on the above anyway.
    Go for it

I don't agree. In my opinion.......Drugs are an evil of the world. Taking them messes with your perceptions of the world around you and yourself. i.e. I can fllllyyyyyyyy - splat! There are studies available which claim to prove (I know ....."claim") a link between pot use and schizophrenia.... I've known of folk starting in college with the odd joint and ending up with theirlives in a mess injecting heroin.
    I agree with all of this.

The problem is, you could say exactly that about a lot of things - drink, gambling, nicotine, etc. None of those are illegal; they're merely controlled and taxed.

In a non-totalitarian state, you can't stop people indulging in self-destructive / self-abusive behaviour; the best you can do is to regulate it, ensure it's safe, ensure it's controlled, and ensure that the state gets some recompense for this destruction in terms of tax revenue.

It scares me to think of what the consequences of making them legal will be. Things are bad enough with on the spot fines for personal use amounts.
    OK, what do you think the consequences will be?

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

I suppose it's kind of trying to strike the happy medium... I can't predict what would happen if drugs were decriminalised (although you could say that cannabis is almost decriminalised). Prohibition of alcohol did not work in the States - yet in today's society we have binge drinking in immense proportions with younger and younger children consuming alcohol inappropriately. I'm not saying that alcohol isn't a drug like any other either. What I am saying is that how we're dealing with alcohol abuse isn't working so why take the same line with other drugs when the indication is that it wouldn't work... Not that I know what would

Scary stuff when you're the mother of two young kids

I suppose it's kind of trying to strike the happy medium... I can't predict what would happen if drugs were decriminalised (although you could say that cannabis is almost decriminalised). Prohibition of alcohol did not work in the States - yet in today's society we have binge drinking in immense proportions with younger and younger children consuming alcohol inappropriately. I'm not saying that alcohol isn't a drug like any other either. What I am saying is that how we're dealing with alcohol abuse isn't working so why take the same line with other drugs when the indication is that it wouldn't work... Not that I know what would

Scary stuff when you're the mother of two young kids

Legalise all drugs you get a lot less crime

yes prohibition didnt work (to a certain extent)

check Daily Mail today (28/2/2007) and the 'Black on Black crime' has gone away not on any pages thank god for that !

Blog Entries

Legalise all drugs you get a lot less crime

yes prohibition didnt work (to a certain extent)
    Legalise everything, then there'll be no crime at all!

Thread Information