Thread: Paypal in words of one syllable

Paypal in words of one syllable

Having flogged some stuff on Ebay recently my Paypal account is in a complete mess. I owe them money for a large item but don't know how to pay for it. People have paid me for stuff and I don't know how to claim it. Plus I have changed accounts and email addresses recently which has contributed to the problem. Any seasoned eBayers out there think they could sort me out? All advice gratefully received!

Re: Paypal in words of one syllable

I think I might get an infraction if I used a one syllable word to describe what I think of Paypal

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Im not the biggest fan of paypal (try nochex for a decent alternative www.nochex.co.uk)

If you post on as much info as you can (ob not username passwords etc) then Im sure myself and the good people of the forum will do our best to help.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    I think I might get an infraction if I used a one syllable word to describe what I think of Paypal
    So it's not just me then?? I'm ruing the day, personally, and wish I'd kept all my money sorted out nicely under the mattress.

Blog Entries

I've had no trouble with paypal and they've recovered money for me from dodgy traders too.

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post
    Im not the biggest fan of paypal (try nochex for a decent alternative www.nochex.co.uk)

If you post on as much info as you can (ob not username passwords etc) then Im sure myself and the good people of the forum will do our best to help.
    I'm not sure that it isn't in too much of a complicated mess to know where to start,really.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Have you tried working out on paper, whats come in, Whats gone out, what the balance is and what needs paying. Might give you a starting point.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    Try a two-syllable word then?

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post
    Have you tried working out on paper, whats come in, Whats gone out, what the balance is and what needs paying. Might give you a starting point.
    I think the problem is that previous to this I had only used PP to buy things and the money was debited to my credit card. Then I changed the account to a bank account and started selling things. I had assumed that payments out of the account would happen automatically like they did before. But this doesn't appear to have happened.

Also, payments to me are listed in my PP account but have not been paid into my account, I have to claim them or transfer them over. Have I got this right?

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    I think the problem is that previous to this I had only used PP to buy things and the money was debited to my credit card. Then I changed the account to a bank account and started selling things. I had assumed that payments out of the account would happen automatically like they did before. But this doesn't appear to have happened.

Also, payments to me are listed in my PP account but have not been paid into my account, I have to claim them or transfer them over. Have I got this right?
    Yeah, If your paypal balance is in the black then you can withdraw the funds to your bank account (you would have entered the details when you registered) just click the transfer funds tab at the top and withdraw the amount you want.

The Dashing Moderator

More PayPal problems...

I'm confused..

I want to buy a ticket for the next Evesham Utopia.

I followed the Paypal link from here and I can either enter my Paypal ID (which I won't 'cos I don't have one) or enter Credit Card details - which sounds like the option I want.

But when I enter the "security check" text at the bottom of the page (enter 5 letters shown in a slightly distorted form) it keeps rejecting it - even though I'm sure I've got it right.

If I click on the Help link next to the security check, I don't get any text, only an audio file to download (which is always the same set of 7, not 5 letters)

How can I get round this? Any ideas?
    Love dance, will travel

Thread Information