Thread: The Blue Room

The Blue Room

OK, I'm considering going to The Blue Room in Beeston, Nottingham on 18 February www.danslika.demon.co.uk - anyone go to the first session on 21 January. and if so can you give any feedback?
    Thinking of going to Jive Addiction at Derby Rollerworld and could do with a chill out afternoon on the way home the following day

The Dashing Moderator

Re: The Blue Room

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
    Anyone go to the first session on 21 January?
    Yes, I did.

It's pretty informal. Quite a small room, and a small group of people, with Mike playing rather more interesting music than the average Ceroc night.

Generally a relaxed atmosphere - I spent more time than average chatting with friends as opposed to dancing.

I'm intending to go back on 18th Feb.
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
    Thinking of going to Jive Addiction at Derby Rollerworld and could do with a chill out afternoon on the way home the following day
    I think it would be perfect for that, and more men would be greatly appreciated. The music is varied and chilled but not dead slow. Definitely not the standard Ceroc mix. I think I might make some cakes for this one.

Numbers trebled in the second one from the first one. If we can keep this up can any one calculate how long it would be before the weight of dancers starts causing sea level rises around the coasts of Britain? Because I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    I think it would be perfect for that, and more men would be greatly appreciated. The music is varied and chilled but not dead slow. Definitely not the standard Ceroc mix. I think I might make some cakes for this one.

Numbers trebled in the second one from the first one. If we can keep this up can any one calculate how long it would be before the weight of dancers starts causing sea level rises around the coasts of Britain? Because I can't.
    Thanks - sounds good, if you had only ten the first week you would have 810 by the fifth week according to my maths, well on the way to being a sizeable weekender...

Should be a good option to those not exhausted by their exertions at the Monster Rollerball. The venue's about 10 minutes drive from J25 of the M1 for people who are staying in the area for that event. The music is a great mix of smooth jive, latin, tango & swing.

You still going, David Y & Yogi?

The Dashing Moderator

You still going, David Y?
    Yep, still planning to go.
    Love dance, will travel

Should be a good option to those not exhausted by their exertions at the Monster Rollerball. The venue's about 10 minutes drive from J25 of the M1 for people who are staying in the area for that event. The music is a great mix of smooth jive, latin, tango & swing.

You still going, David Y & Yogi?
    No, made it to WCS at Corby in the end, but the extra travelling to Nottingham didn't really appeal afterwards.....

Thread Information