Thread: Video editing

Video editing

I need to find a decent video editing package - Windows based, (i do have a Mac, they are great when they work, but as mine is incapable of recognising 90% of DVD's I feed into it no point in looking at Apple software
    I know Mac's are meant to be great for video etc. but I still think mine is a crock of ..............)

I mainly need to edit existing DVD's (my own DVD's & 50's music clips/films)

I have checked out Adobe PremierePro, seems great, but very expensive and probably far to complicated

The cheaper versions seem designed for use with home video/camcorders etc.
    Also
    Do you know of any software to 'unlock' protected DVD's

Before I get flamed for that request, I need to edit some 50's films as a back drop for my 'Rock'n'Roll Picture Show' and yes I do have a VPL licence.
    peter

Re: Video editing

Hello Mr Lizard

Far too long no see.

I have adobe premier elements (£70) and Nero 6 relaoded (£6 from ebay - has s suite of programs including Nerovision express) and of the two I find Nero much eaiser to use to capture video and produce DVDs with menus, background music and animated chapter clips.

Adobe premier elements has much more editing features but it really falls down when it comes to laying out and burning the DVD.

The cheaper versions are aimed at the home camcorder user and I cannot comment on the features of the Pro version.

I don't know of any way of unlocking protected DVDs to import the video into the software.

We have a very long overdue promise of a dinner engagement with you both. If you want to come and have a look at the features of the two editing packages on my computer that I mentioned send me a PM and we can sort out a date.

Re: Video editing

Quote Originally Posted by Lounge Lizard View Post
    I need to find a decent video editing package - Windows based, (i do have a Mac, they are great when they work, but as mine is incapable of recognising 90% of DVD's I feed into it no point in looking at Apple software
    I know Mac's are meant to be great for video etc. but I still think mine is a crock of ..............)

I mainly need to edit existing DVD's (my own DVD's & 50's music clips/films)

I have checked out Adobe PremierePro, seems great, but very expensive and probably far to complicated

The cheaper versions seem designed for use with home video/camcorders etc.
    Also
    Do you know of any software to 'unlock' protected DVD's

Before I get flamed for that request, I need to edit some 50's films as a back drop for my 'Rock'n'Roll Picture Show' and yes I do have a VPL licence.
    peter

I use Sony Vegas and DVD Architect for my main video work but it can be a little complicated and possibly not worth the considerable investment in time to master it's complexities for small scale work.
    If you want something simple may I suggest Pinnacle Studio, I use v10.5 Titanium edition but there are links on the site to other versions.

To "Un-protect" any and ALL DVDs, you'll need AnyDVD to remove the protection first, don't worry, this is done in the background without user intervention.
    I use CloneDVD to then copy the DVD as it allows me to remove all the copyright notices, trailers and any other video files I don't require.

If you simply want to copy a DVD, DVD Shrink will copy a DVD and all it's titles to hard drive, ready for you to use Nero, or whatever dvd burning software you use.

I hope this info is of use to you

BD

Thread Information