Thread: Any dentists/medics out there?

Unhappy Any dentists/medics out there?

Yeah i know strange title to have for my first off thread.

I have just been to the dentist for what i thought was a little 10 job. Oh sorry we gonna have to pull that tooth out.

So hmm... due to complcations... (50 mins later) they got the final bit out.

My question is this... it says in the little advice sheet i got
    says "Dont cycle or excessive exercise for several hours"

Am just wondering if going to ceroc is a good plan?

Forgetting the amounts of pain my face maybe in by 3 hours hence. Can take painkillers..... but should i still be able to ceroc?

P.s not sure where to post this...

Re: Any dentists/medics out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzle
    Oh sorry we gonna have to pull that tooth out.
    Poor you!

Am just wondering if going to ceroc is a good plan?
    I've no medical experience but I'd go if I felt up to it - which I doubt you will when the anaesthetic wears off. It's not as if you're running five miles or something. If you do go be a bit more aware of how you are feeling and make sure you sit out and rest up if you're getting a bit woozy or feeling peculiar. Remember you've got to get home afterwards!

Hope the pain subsides quickly.

If the anaesthetic is still wearing off, just be careful to keep your mouth closed and keep your tongue in. It's harder than it sounds, and can look terribly silly if you don't (and dangerous, if someone elbows you in the face and you shut your mouth suddenly).

Otherwise, it's fine - I've done it.

Well once the anthetic wear thin i'll swap to two hedex and 1 large ibprophen. Have to say the way i feel at the moment i want the name of the bus that hit me.

Waaaa...... i think its time for the happy pills....

I am not a dentist but the advice given to me was the same when I had a tooth extracted. Being a dancer and an inquisative soul I asked the reason why (explaining that I wanted to go dancing that night). I was told that after the extraction that the gum sends a load of blood and fibres to the injured bit and it starts to bind over the hole, but for the first 24 hours it was very soft. If you do vigorous physical activity during this time and your blood pressure rises to much there is a danger that this soft plug will be pushed out.

This will delay the healing process quite significantly, leave you open for infections to get into the gum and of course suddenly having blood gushing from your mouth with have you rememebered at your venue for some considerable time after they have cleaned the blood from the floor.

In the end I felt far too grumpy about the whole thing to be in the right frame of mind to go dancing after all.

Smile Re: Any dentists/medics out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    I am not a dentist but the advice given to me was the same when I had a tooth extracted. Being a dancer and an inquisative soul I asked the reason why (explaining that I wanted to go dancing that night). I was told that after the extraction that the gum sends a load of blood and fibres to the injured bit and it starts to bind over the hole, but for the first 24 hours it was very soft. If you do vigorous physical activity during this time and your blood pressure rises to much there is a danger that this soft plug will be pushed out.

This will delay the healing process quite significantly, leave you open for infections to get into the gum and of course suddenly having blood gushing from your mouth with have you rememebered at your venue for some considerable time after they have cleaned the blood from the floor.

In the end I felt far too grumpy about the whole thing to be in the right frame of mind to go dancing after all.
    Eeeep..... well i have had my happy pills so at least i am no longer in any pain. Not entirely sure if i could go and just watch ceroc. Want to go though grumbles..

The idea of being labeled as the guy that bled all over the floor isnt that appealing to me. However i think i could just take it fairly easy maybe.. i may be ok. (i hope)

Ta for the advice all

Thread Information