Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you ever experienced PMT ?

Re: Have you ever experienced PMT ?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Apparently, PMT is all in the head...
    Yes... also know as a sharp blade with comments like that

My wife used to get really bad PMT, but now it's a lot less severe since she stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it. It really did make a difference, but it has to be maintained all month (apart from the odd occasion) and not just PMT week.

How did I deal with it when she had it badly? Lots of hugs and attention plus a very thick skin all helped.

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    I think what I would prefer (being a real PMS victim) is don't treat her any differently to how you would normally.
    Ermm... no. Treat her as you would normally as long as you normally make sure she feels loved and special.

When the response is unexpectedly aggressive then carefully try to add in extra warmth, help and chocolate while asking if there is anything specific you can do to help.

Occasional offerings of gentle back rubs, pain killers, cups of tea but draw the fine line between cotton wool and not often enough. When the response to something is snappy, you need to rethink your strategy to ensuring she is comfortable.

Do the washing up, cook dinner, put a load in the washing machine, vacuum the floor she isn't on and clean the bathroom if you've been told to go away. She *will* feel a little better for knowing that jobs that have to be done are being done. Actually that's sexist. The chores break down slightly in the traditional way in our house except that I can cook and clean, find the hoover and do washing up. But if there's DIY, decorating or car fixing to do then I'm exempted the regular chores to do the specialized stuff or stuff that Jo really hates (she abhors decorating). So, the important bit is, that of the chores that you need to tackle, you do any of the ones that she would normally do that you're capable of *first* and then you do the joint ones. You won't have time to do yours.

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Hugs and chocolate work for me

The three Hs work for me:
    Hugs
    Hot water bottles
    Hotline to Cadbury's

Whitetiger

Thread Information