Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Healing with Dancing

Healing with Dancing

Has any of you ever experienced the healing power of dancing. Every time I have a pain of any kind.... in my case mainly backache I go out dancing and feel my dancing partners healing energies entering my auric field and making me feel great and painfree.

The Forum Legend

Re: Healing with Dancing

Yes.

And then the dancing stops, and the pain rapidly returns!

Being a sceptic, I suspect it has more to do with endorphins than auric fields, but yep.

And welcome

Quote Originally Posted by The Tramp View Post
    Yes And then the dancing stops,and the pain returns
    I am sorry to read that your pain comes back, because i feel in my case it lasts until stress bombards me. And as most people know stress is really the main reason for most pains. Well I do think so. When emotionally everything is ok and youre happy with life you are very likely to be pain free. Otherwise there could be an undelying cause from a long way back.
    Last edited by Pussy Galore; 29th-January-2007 at 09:04 PM.

The Forum Legend

Oh. There's undoubtably a cause for my bad knees. Not least that I've spent the last 15 years of my life being fairly overweight.

And I'm with LMC. It's the endorphins. While there's good music playing and good people to dance with, then the pain is forgotten. Afterwards (and the morning afterwards!), then the pain is remembered!

Maybe I'm just dancing with the wrong people!

Quote Originally Posted by LMC View Post
    Being a sceptic, I suspect it has more to do with endorphins than auric fields, but yep.

And welcome
    thank you LMC. Well I do not really care what it is but I know the body has amazing healing powers. In order to produce your natural endorphins it has to be triggered by something good. In our case I guess dancing, good music etc. I still think it has a lot to do with the chanelling of healing energies from the other person because I can feel the energy rushing though my body.

Tonbridge, Kent, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pussy Galore View Post
    Has any of you ever experienced the healing power of dancing. Every time I have a pain of any kind.... in my case mainly backache I go out dancing and feel my dancing partners healing energies entering my auric field and making me feel great and painfree.
    As an exercise format, dancing has a reasonably high core stability element to it - you will automatically contract key abdominal muscles like tranverse abdominus when dancing.

For many years physios and osteopaths have advocated the strengthening of abdominal muscles (transverse abdominus in particular) as a treatment for many, many back problems. Back problems themselves are also heavily associated with referred pain in other areas, so there's every chance that dancing could help to relieve the pain from those as well....

Sorry PG but people can go in and out of my auric field as much as they like and I'll never notice!!

(don't non believers drive you mad?)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulthetrainer View Post
    As an exercise format, dancing has a reasonably high core stability element to it - you will automatically contract key abdominal muscles like tranverse abdominus when dancing.

For many years physios and osteopaths have advocated the strengthening of abdominal muscles (transverse abdominus in particular) as a treatment for many, many back problems. Back problems themselves are also heavily associated with referred pain in other areas, so there's every chance that dancing could help to relieve the pain from those as well....

Sorry PG but people can go in and out of my auric field as much as they like and I'll never notice!!

(don't non believers drive you mad?)
    Not at all Paul. I am used to non believers and find them challenging. I very much agree with your reply on a physical level. And yet there is more to it. I am talking about the spiritual side of it which makes it a whole.

PG, it is only fair to warn you that there are a fair number of sceptics on here and some are VERY outspoken.

(See religion and astrology threads for example).

Healing power of dance: yes.
    Mental health having an effect on physical health: yes.
    Doing something you enjoy making you happy and therefore feeling better mentally: yes.
    Someone being sensitive enough to "feel" the teeny tiny electrical signals that scoot around someone else's nervous system... hmmm... maybe, but I doubt it.
    Auras: No. Absolutely not. You have the right to your beliefs - no question about that. However, I have to be honest, and say that the only reason I'm not saying "utter *******s" is because you're new and I'm trying to be nice, 'cos it's genuinely good to see new faces and get fresh opinions.

Oops, too late. Sorry

Please don't let horrors like me put you off - join in on other threads too, I'm sure we'll find some common ground there, even if we won't ever see eye to eye on this topic

The Forum Legend

PG, it is only fair to warn you that there are a fair number of sceptics on here and some are VERY outspoken.
    No. Surely not....

However, I have to be honest, and say that the only reason I'm not saying "utter *******s" is.....
    Oh

Not at all Paul. I am used to non believers and find them challenging. I very much agree with your reply on a physical level. And yet there is more to it. I am talking about the spiritual side of it which makes it a whole.
    PG I'm totally with you on this, having been through some difficult times and come through other side. Tai Chi has given me a heightened sense of awareness and energy flows, and dancing has enhanced this in a different dimension. Together, with other modalities, it can provide a rich and rewarding spiritual experience. This is demonstrated by the power of dance through the ages.

I'm a scientist, I'm a sceptic, But I was "healed" by dancing.

I was in a very bad way after the split for my ex, was slipping back into a depressed state again (been there, done that , swallowed the Prozac) and I vowed that I wasn't going to be a pill popping manic depressive again.

Admittedly it wasn't an overnight cure, but Dancing definately made me feel happier, healthier and I became a better person for it.

I don't know if it was Aura, endorphins or just getting out of the house and meeting people. I don't care how it worked.. I just know it did.

And now I'm met a lovely new girlfriend through dancing and the forum and Life couldn't be better.

They should prescribe ceroc on the NHS

Hi you dancers
    I like your replies, very varied. And I can understand the non believers because they never actualy experienced any of the energy exchange i am talking about. Healing energies are not easy to explain or describe, its very much felt by some. And I guess am very lucky to be attunded to it since a very early age. Why that is I do not know. There is so much we can not prove, explain or understand. I do know however that its a wonderful way of making people and animals feel good. Also being able to see Auras helps but here again not everybody is able to do that. Going back to dancing, I still believe the invisible exchange of energies exist. Especially on focusing on it. And yes, physical endorphines come into play too.

...auric field...
    Field of gold? Is this something to do with Sting?

There's a whole lot of practical reasons for going dancing

SpinDr

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    PG I'm totally with you on this, having been through some difficult times and come through other side. Tai Chi has given me a heightened sense of awareness and energy flows, and dancing has enhanced this in a different dimension. Together, with other modalities, it can provide a rich and rewarding spiritual experience. This is demonstrated by the power of dance through the ages.
    Could someone please explain what possible connection do "energy flows" and "modalities" have to do with dancing? & what does "modality" mean anyway?

I just go dancing cos it's fun, and I get to dance & meet with lots of lovely gorgeous friendly women!! (Musn't forget getting to meet lots of friendly men as well!)

(Is it tempting to ask one of the forum geeks to explain how energy flows - I'm only a civil engineer so never really delved too much into thermodynamics and other energy stuff).

Blog Entries

It doesn't really matter why you dance or what you believe in, what matters is that you dance, you enjoy it and your health and fitness benefits from it.

I suffered from a lower back injury for about 10 years. 7 of those years I was in constant pain, I got used to it and resigned myself to being stuck with it.

Bearing in mind that I'm an ex-Engineer, Soldier and Rugby player and typically never believed what I couldn't see. 18 months ago I tried Qi Gong as a form of exercise. It's a form of Tai Chi purely for exercise, no fighting element at all.
    The theory is that you're pulling in energy from your surroundings and distributing it throughout your body. I never believed that, but it was good exercise.
    Until one day when I found I could feel very intense heat flowing through me whenever I exercised. I'm still not convinced about the whole Qi/energy thing, but I do feel something.
    6 months of that reduced the pain, the 3 months more, along with dancing I was pain free and I've been mostly pain free ever since. In fact my back hasn't been this strong in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I'm still not convinced about the whole Qi/energy thing, but I do feel something
    I'm a scientist and the whole spiritual / energy / Qi side of things doesn't sit well with me. However, I've got an open mind and I know enough about science to realise I don't know everything. Just because something hasn't been measured or tested yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

There's a lot of Sceptical people on this forum quick to condone Aromatherapy, Auras, Crystal healing, Faith healing, etc etc etc. but there's also a good number of people who practice these more esoteric practices. They claim to see results and these people are not space cadets or tree hugging hippies. These are sensible hard working and intelligent people.

I am of the school of thought which states that I'm willing to believe anything but until it's been proven to be true I'm not actually 100% convinced it's there, although I don't dismiss it on the off chance that some future discovery proves me wrong. Be that Aura Healing or Super String theory. They are both equally as probably or improbable IMHO.

I'd hate to be the guy who laughed when they said the world was round and the sun was the centre of the solar system.

Basically if it works for you and it's not harming anyone else, where's the problem? As they say

"Different strokes for different folks"

a diversity of opinions makes the world go around

As to the questions regarding Energy flowing through your body. What is it? Nobody realy can explain this one on a scientific level. I am a complementary therapist and have been practising healing since I was very young and have found it helps people and animals in most cases. I experience it mostly as a tingling sensation creating a lot of heat in my body and mainly in my hands. When I conciously heal someone I attune to energies surrounding us and focus on passing it on. The more I focus and relax, the more intense the tingling or call it vibration becomes. Quite often the pain disapears. I do not know how exactly this works. The receiver does not have to believe in it either for it to work. Anyway there is a whole lot more to this subject but have to dash now. I am off to Swizterland for a few days. Thanks for your replies. I do understand the sceptics. Why should you understand it if you never experienced the flow of energy whilst dancing. By for now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Yes.

And then the dancing stops, and the pain rapidly returns!

...or certainly no later than the following morning!

As to the questions regarding Energy flowing through your body. What is it? Nobody realy can explain this one on a scientific level. I am a complementary therapist and have been practising healing since I was very young and have found it helps people and animals in most cases. I experience it mostly as a tingling sensation creating a lot of heat in my body and mainly in my hands. When I conciously heal someone I attune to energies surrounding us and focus on passing it on. The more I focus and relax, the more intense the tingling or call it vibration becomes. Quite often the pain disapears. I do not know how exactly this works. The receiver does not have to believe in it either for it to work. Anyway there is a whole lot more to this subject but have to dash now. I am off to Swizterland for a few days. Thanks for your replies. I do understand the sceptics. Why should you understand it if you never experienced the flow of energy whilst dancing. By for now.
    AAARRRGGGGGH!!

Hold me back - hold me back - energies blah blah -

Thread Information