Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What NOT to Wear Dancing

Thumbs up What NOT to Wear Dancing

This isn't a thread about Ceroc au natural (sorry to disappoint). This has probably been discussed before, but hey I'm tired of listening to people bitch about aerials and dips

The other day I was dancing with this girl and she is nice to dance with, I've danced with her lots of times before but I kept missing her hand and it all seemed a bit awkward on this occasion. Then I noticed she had this lovely top on with big dangly sleeves. I read here about someone getting their fingers caught in a big circle skirt. Bracelets and watches can also make problems. I wear a long sleeve shirt to keep my sweat to myself.

So it struck me that some clothing is useful, and some isn't. So, what's your advice on what to wear and what not to wear? Or do you have lucky dancing pants? C'mon it's first thing Monday, please make me laugh someone it's still hours before I can go dancing again

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Re: What NOT to Wear Dancing

A borat style banana thong has caused me to come to grief whilst dancing on more than one occasion.
    Last edited by Lee Bartholomew; 25th-June-2007 at 05:49 PM.

I have been fortunate enough to not have any embarassing stories of my own but would have to say have seen a few " I wish the ground would open up and swallow me moments" more to do with strapless tops or the ones with detachable straps lets just say a little bit more revealing than they had planned (The trick to maintaining your dignity T*t tape )

I guess the other thing is no matter how great your spins are in that skirt seriously Bridget Jones Knickers are a must

and for the guys the lunge and rip..........................priceless
    Last edited by cheeks; 29th-January-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Men should realise that a white, long sleeved shirt is the only appropriate attire for dancing! (How many hints do us girls have to give!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Men should realise that a white, long sleeved shirt is the only appropriate attire for dancing! (How many hints do us girls have to give!)
    Stop by Wolverhampton to see me in mine this Thursday I do wear trousers with mine though... sorry

Men should never never never wear shorts dancing - It may be hot in the hall but you won't be!

And I'll just add my grandad wore vests - Vests are Old bloke attire.

Wanna look like an old bloke (even if you have muscles) wear a vest!

I bet the girls love all that sweat dripping on them. Yummy

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Men should never never never wear shorts dancing - It may be hot in the hall but you won't be!

Yes, cut-away vests revealing sweaty underarm hair... like a little wet fur-ball, that can scatter the moisture at inapprpriate moments like a dog shaking itself

I've never worn shorts but I'd consider it. Worn a kilt a couple of times and it's so much cooler with it on. As such you are more comfortable and sweat less. I might look like the most uncool person in the world but the usual male to female balance pretty much guarantees that I'll get dances anyway.

Tried one on in H&M (it was probably in the cool category too) and laughed for a while at how stupid I looked. Saying that there are definitely a few guys that can pull it off.

Again it keeps you cool, not sweating like crazy is a good thing.

As for what not to wear, I don't like dancing with women with studded belts on or tops that are basically painful to sweep your arm across. That's more to do with the fact that dancing shouldn't actually cause me pain.

Flouncy long sleeed tops are difficult to dance in - I discovered that on my first night.
    I also discoered, when I worked at Jumpin Jaks that it's difficult to dance in Baggy Jeans, (cause I keep falling over them!) and can be downright painful to dance in Docs! (though I kept it up for 8 months!!)
    And I'll probably add to the list of thos who are against the wearing of strapless tops for dancing - but only cause I've got nothing to hold one up!

Vests and tight tee-shirts on blokes aren't just a no-no on the dance floor - they're just downright despicable and should be banned everywhere but the Gay village!(cause only gay bokes can get that look right!) Even my Grandad doesn't wear vests!

I danced with a girl a couple of weeks back and I was in a sway with her when it dawned on me that the cold sequins I could feel under her cut away sleeve were actually beads of sweat dripping off her unshaved armpit. Last sway of that dance... and in fact the last dance I had with her!

Eughhh, get a razor if you want to go sleeveless

I quite often end a spin with my hand at waist level neatly inserted in the man's trouser pocket. I don't do it on purpose. Honest. Therefore, in my experience, I would say that men's trousers are inappropriate Ceroc wear.

I look forward to finding something interesting in a pocket one day!

Daisy

(An Embarrassed Little Flower)

a lot more obviously.. I would not be seen dead in a white shirt. a Black one.. perhaps, a white one? non !

I'm sure some people would say not to wear shirts that are too "busy" and although I do normally wear my bright multicoloured affairs I have noticed some followers getting confused and grabbing for a non existent hand (seriously)

One follower kept trying to do pretzels with me as she continually mistook the whitish splash of colour on my shirt near my left hip for my hand. I now still wear my colourful shirts, but I actually chose the "calmer" ones..

I would say that inappropriate footwear would be bets avoided. Stilletos for the ladies and boots for the guys. Hurts too much when you get trodden on.

Registered User Katie Kicks Ass's Avatar

No matter how many spins you did in the changing room, always wear boxers under your skirt, you never know how fast you are going to be spun.
    I would never wear a strapless top to ceroc (I try to avoid them when clubbing) If there is even a minute chance I could fall out, I don't dance properly for fear of falling out. However straps are not always reliable as I found out at Nantwich before Xmas.

Cloaks/capes/long jackets are really hard to dance in (get tangled) I also find a loose open shirt (eg over the top of a T-shirt) gets a bit tangled too.

Top or other tall hats/head gear take a bit of care to dance in.

Doing leans or moves where the follower wraps round your legs should be avoided in combats or 'dangly' trousers.

In followers I disslike some of the sequin tops- they may look sparkley, but they scrape on the fore-arms and fingers. And if you've got buttons (ie a shirt) then be wary of getting too close to followers with dangly fringes to their dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeks View Post
    and for the guys the lunge and rip..........................priceless

I know of one gent who, having had this happen to him a few times , and having seen several pairs of trews bite the dust, comment that he didnt realise dancing was so expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee View Post
    I know of one gent who, having had this happen to him a few times , and having seen several pairs of trews bite the dust, comment that he didnt realise dancing was so expensive!

yes I recall the last pair going

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Cloaks
    Top hats
    Just because you're from Cruden bay and nearby Slains Castle is where Bram Stoker got his inspiration for Dracula .. it doesn't mean we're liable to be bumping into Vlad on the dance floor you know

"Ah ze Children of the night. Vot music they dance to!"

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Yes, cut-away vests revealing sweaty underarm hair... like a little wet fur-ball, that can scatter the moisture at inapprpriate moments like a dog shaking itself
    I feel slightly sick now!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    One follower kept trying to do pretzels with me as she continually mistook the whitish splash of colour on my shirt near my left hip for my hand
    Classic

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Stop by Wolverhampton to see me in mine this Thursday I do wear trousers with mine though... sorry

I would normally agree with you but there is IMO one exception

ChrisA

Thread Information