Thread: Dancing on Ice - sod that

Blog Entries

Dancing on Ice - sod that

Well i have watched dancing on ice tonight and sit bemused at just how bad they all are. Ulrika johnson actually looks like a plastic doll, she is like an ironing board as well, terrible.

But then i thought to myself, could i do that and why am i laughing and came to the absolute conclusion no i could not. So to make myself feel better is recalled some of the things i have done that other people may not like to or could not....

1st one (not gonna give them all away at the same time) did a tandem parachute jump at 15200 feet - free fall with cheeks wrapped around the back of my neck then parachute steering all the way down. One of those fantastic events of my life that i will never forget.

so Forumites,, tell us your daredevil adventures....

Re: Dancing on Ice - sod that

I flew a glider years back, it all seemed like a great jape until I was at the airfield and I was given a parachute to put on! Only to be told that it was regulations to have it, but if I needed it we'd be too close to the ground for it to be any use anyhow!!!

I think it was said for effect - and it sure got one! It was a great flight and I lived hehehehehe

I am not going to get into the crazy stuff I got up to on my motorbikes, but I think it's pretty fair to say I am still here through luck rather than judgement

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Re: Dancing on Ice - Good Saturday Night Entertainment

I have to disagree with you trouble. I actually sat down tonight intentionally to watch it. i think its great. Ok they arent fab but neither were the dancers in SCD at the start. Its only the second week give them a break.

I for one have never done anything daring and respect the celebs for getting out there and doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    So to make myself feel better is recalled some of the things i have done that other people may not like to or could not.... so Forumites,, tell us your daredevil adventures....
    It may not sound like much to most people here, but I started dancing. In order to do that I had to overcome my dancing phobia.

Blog Entries

Re: Dancing on Ice - Good Saturday Night Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    I have to disagree with you trouble. I actually sat down tonight intentionally to watch it. i think its great. Ok they arent fab but neither were the dancers in SCD at the start. Its only the second week give them a break.

I for one have never done anything daring and respect the celebs for getting out there and doing it
    your actually disagreeing incorrectly, i was saying that i was thinking how bad they were but actually it is difficult and could i do it.... probably not. So, nothing to disagree with.

But....the celebs do it for money and publicity, not for love or charity (most of them anyway). So here is where i disagree , i have no respect for them as this is a publicity machine for them. Its a bit like that programme where people go on television and do gross things for their 5 mins of fame.

Big brother, same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    I flew a glider years back, it all seemed like a great jape until I was at the airfield and I was given a parachute to put on! Only to be told that it was regulations to have it, but if I needed it we'd be too close to the ground for it to be any use anyhow!!!
    This happened to me when I went gliding as well. When we landed I undid what I thought was the cockpit harness only to discover I had undone my parachute. I dread to think what would have happened if I had had to use it for real!

Tales of foolhardy bravery? My Daredevil exploits?

hmm well, if you insist.

A while back I was setting off on my bike when a wave of foolish reckless abandon washed over me.. ..

I asked my dad to take my stabilisers off.

well the rest of the guys in my street had taken theirs off so I felt about ready to lose mine as well... ... ... I was 22.

(C'mon... I'm a geek.. the only daredevil thing I do is to allow the occasional unhandled exception in my software source code!!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    parachute jump at 15200 feet - free fall with cheeks wrapped around the back of my neck

Most recently, I climbed the highest mountain in North Africa last summer (Mt. Toubkal - 13,671 feet) to raise money for Scope and it was awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    Tales of foolhardy bravery? My Daredevil exploits?

hmm well, if you insist.

A while back I was setting off on my bike when a wave of foolish reckless abandon washed over me.. ..

I asked my dad to take my stabilisers off.

well the rest of the guys in my street had taken theirs off so I felt about ready to lose mine as well... ... ... I was 22.

(!!)
    ooh you brave boy you.

Well i went commando once. Was only 6 or 7.. got a little more wet than should have done when paddling in the sea. Had to walk all day with no knickers on. The shame... plus my dad told everybody i had wet myself he was always a joker.... anyway, therapist session booked for next week.

Oh I don't know... Maybe this time around is bit of a slow burner.... may take a few weeks.

The 1st round wasn't as big a hit for me as the last series. I remember Daniel Whiston and Gaynor Faye blowing me away last year. Wow!.... those shapes and graceful glides!

martin

Thread Information