Thread: Who's nicked that bloody biro and where are those damn scissors!

Who's nicked that bloody biro and where are those damn scissors!

Are you frustrated by pens disappearing? can you never find those scissors when you need them? Then I have the solution to both problems.

For biros go to your local supermarket or stationary shop and buy a pack of at least 10 biros. Put about half of them in places about the house where pens are needed and hide the other 5 or 6 biros in places in each room only you know about (for example tucked at the back of shelves or drawers). Pens will still disappear but in each room you will still know where the hidden pens are. About once every couple of months buy another pack of 5 biros and replenish the places where pens have disappeared. Number of pens requiired may need to be adjusted depending on size of household and how light-fingered people are. Problem solved.

For scissors the critical mass is about 5 pairs. Just buy a set of 5 and that pretty much sorts it. All 5 pairs will rarely be in the drawer where you keep them but you can pretty much guarantee at least one pair will be.

Trust me it works. So much better than frustrating searches for pens / scissors, blaming the rest of the family etc - or is it just me that gets wound up by such things?

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Re: Who's nicked that bloody biro and where are those damn scissors!

I have a tendencey to cut my pens in half, blunting the scissors.

Thread Information