Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rutherglen Classes on Thursdays moving to Jumpin' Jaks

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Re: Rutherglen Classes on Thursdays moving to Jumpin' Jaks

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock View Post
    Indeed, LemonCake.

I can confirm I am handing over to someone else. This Thursday, 1st Feb, will be my last night DJing for Ceroc.
    Noooooooooooooooooo!

Is this cos of their stupid Ceroc-Only rule? Is it for everything or just classes? Will you be able to do the parties? I've been pinning my hopes on arriving home on Saturday 10th and coming to the GU party and having you there for music, not to mention dancing with you!

Are you abandoning us altogether or will you still come to dance?

I can confirm I am handing over to someone else. This Thursday, 1st Feb, will be my last night DJing for Ceroc.
    CJ - I am really sorry to hear we will wont be hearing your tunes on Thursdays any more. Does this mean you wont be along for a dance either? Does this mean, the lucky girlies wont be dancing with you either????

I didnt know Rutherglen was closing as a Ceroc venue. This is the first I have heard of it, and I have to say, it would have been nice to have received a wee 'PM' to the taxi's to say that this was happening. Nice to be kept informed of what is happening at your local venue . . . or is that just asking too much?

I liked Rutherglen a lot, not just as it is a beautiful venue, a great teacher and DJ, and a great vibe, but the taxis have the luxury of going to a seperate room to do the revision class, and not have to struggle to be heard over the PA system in Jacks whilst the Intermeds class is going on. What will happen to Nickys style class - will she also have to compete with the Beginners class? Hmmm. Ok.

Sorry to see the venue change. Jacks is good, always had good nights there.

CJ - Hope your last evening DJ-ing for Ceroc sees you off with a 'bang'

Lindz x

Taxi Dancer

Sorry to hear that you are leaving CJ

No more 'Rock Me'... loved dancing to this track with Prezel Meister. Thanks for playing it anytime it was requested

Got mixed feelings about moving to JJ's. I loved Rutherglen, it was a fab venue and I hope that many of the regulars give JJ's a go and it turns out to be a successful night

I am really sorry to hear Rutherglen is closing,it is where I started last year.I find myself wandering back there not only because its close but because you can chat with anyone,dance with everyone and be more of a family there.

I know its not to everyones taste but to me I will be sad because,there I found something that has changed my life for the better.

To everyone there adieu.

See you at J-j s for a more businesslike gathering.

And like Bee bee it would have been nice to been informed that as taxi or event manager of your local being closed.

Rutherglen

i also cant believe all the changes that have been going on lately! i did think that despite being away id managed to keep up to date with ceroc in scotland but it seems not!

cj - i cant believe im going to come back and not hear you djing again!i loved your mix of music and think itl be a huge loss to ceroc if you're not playing cos of the stupid rule!

as for rutherglen -i loved the venue, and i also loved the older music! having come from a jive background, and loving the blues, i agree with lemioncake and the others who say that constant one beat dance tunes can get really boring - but try telling that to some of the people here! having said that its getting better - but the lack of djs at class nights is grating - no requests grrr!!!!

we'll miss you!!!

C xx

I wonder who the new DJ on Thursday will be...

I know who I'd like it to be...

I wonder...
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Mutter mutter mutter A "bring back CJ poll" is required (not that it really needs a poll- we all know the answer !!!!) Even if you have to change the venue - for this [so far as I have read ] unspecified reason - then at least keep the winning formula of DJ and Teacher .

You realise CJ that if you appear at a class or are still DJing at the GUU parties, then you will not be able to sit out a single dance - you will be Mobbed Save me a dance will you??

Not Cheered

Whitetiger

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    I wonder who the new DJ on Thursday will be...

I know who I'd like it to be...

I wonder...

The new DJ's name will be something like Dell, Toshiba, Vaio, Compaq or even Acer, eventually operated by the teacher on the night. This will then be the same as Franck and all the other teachers who use a laptop and sound system instead of a DJ.
    Makes me wonder if it was Ceroc's intention to get rid of all DJs by requiring them sign up to an onerous contract and saving 50 or 60 quid a class.

Business is business, so it's said.

Take care Robert, you'll be missed by many

Rgds, BD

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Doolan View Post
    The new DJ's name will be something like Dell, Toshiba, Vaio, Compaq or even Acer, eventually operated by the teacher on the night. This will then be the same as Franck and all the other teachers who use a laptop and sound system instead of a DJ.
    I wonder where you heard such things?
    We will have a DJ on the night, Nicola will be taking over the music every Thursday (using an Apple laptop) and with help, support and training from myself and Tiggerbabe, I expect the music on a Thursday to remain of a very high standard, individual and different in mood to the Tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by cms
    but the lack of djs at class nights is grating - no requests grrr!!!!
    As we will have a DJ on the decks / laptop, requests will be taken and when possible and appropriate played.

I wish CJ well in his future enterprises and hope you all give Nicola a chance to prove herself over the next few months.
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    (using an Apple laptop)
    Well. There you go. It's already gone downhill!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, CJ, are you going to change your label?

I feel a poll coming on...

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    You realise CJ that if you appear at a class or are still DJing at the GUU parties, then you will not be able to sit out a single dance - you will be Mobbed Save me a dance will you??

Not Cheered

Whitetiger
    Retracts earlier mutters if CJ is doing what he wants - and on the news that we will have a DJ on Thursday. (Thanks for the info Franck ). I will look forward to expanding my dancable music list further with Nicola then.

I will hold onto the quote above though

Cheers

Whitetiger

Commercial Operator

Guys, play nice!!!

Nicola is well clue-ed up and should be able to give you all some great nights.

Ceroc and I are heading seperate ways, so it made sense to seperate. Franck and I discussed it (almost like mature, sensible adults) and feel that this is the best for both Ceroc, as a whole, and myself.

I will continue to DJ and teach independently, doing various workshops around the country, etc... (available for 21st, barmitsvars, funerals, etc )

14 years is a long time with any organisation, and we've served each other well.

Re DJ's comments... true, I can no longer be listed as a Ceroc DJ, but I'll leave Franck to decide what my subtitle should be!!

That said, it was a shame to lose Rutherglen Town Hall, especially to go to JJ's, but there we have it. We don't have the facts behind the decision.

As for Nix... get behind her. She's a great dancer, and a good teacher in her own right. I'm sure she'll be a great DJ. She'll be different from me, but that's what makes each nght special.

I will be dancing periodically, so shall see you there..

Meantime, would be good to see you on Thursday.

As ever,

Your humble,

CJ.

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Ceroc and I are heading seperate ways, so it made sense to seperate. Franck and I discussed it (almost like mature, sensible adults) and feel that this is the best for both Ceroc, as a whole, and myself.
    Indeed, we had a great chat and I wish you well in your teaching / DJing ventures.
    Re DJ's comments... true, I can no longer be listed as a Ceroc DJ, but I'll leave Franck to decide what my subtitle should be!!
    At CJ's request, I have edited his username (from Ceroc Jock to CJ) and we are open to suggestions for a suitable tagline...

I'm sure many people will join you on Thursday to give you a good send-off and wish you well.
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Robert CJ etc.

Now that you are going does that mean I can wear my kilts now?
    Never wanted to steal thunder.Joking.

Will see you thursday to say goodbye but if you're to busy I will say it now.Cheers buddy being Mhairis puppet up on stage will never be the same without you there to make me laugh

Scott(ralph)

The Forum Legend

and I wish you well in your teaching / DJing ventures.

All the best, CJ

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Meantime, would be good to see you on Thursday.
    Sorry, I can't be there on Thursday, have a great night and good luck in all you do
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Commercial Operator

[QUOTE=CJ;336705]
    That said, it was a shame to lose Rutherglen Town Hall, especially to go to JJ's, but there we have it. We don't have the facts behind the decision.

As for Nix... get behind her. She's a great dancer, and a good teacher in her own right. I'm sure she'll be a great DJ. She'll be different from me, but that's what makes each nght special. [END QUOTE]

Rutherglen Town hall was one of the best Ceroc Venues I have ever been to, and I enjoyed my time DJing there before CJ took over.

I'm sure Nix will do an excellent job on the decks, as she has a good ear for finding good danceable tracks. She put me wise to one or two when I DJd at R'Glen. To Nix...welcome to the DJs world, and good luck

To CJ.......who was the man on the decks at my first ever visit to Ceroc at St. Stephens in Edinburgh way back in 1999.......All the best, and welcome to the independants world....

I wonder where you heard such things? (originally nonsense)
    We will have a DJ on the night, Nicola will be taking over the music every Thursday ...........
    With respect Franck, that's not a great deal different from what I said, you told Jacqui last Tuesday night at JJ's that you were going to train Nicola to operate the laptop and sound system, I didn't mention Nicola in my original post as I didn't want to be seen as letting any cats out of the proverbial bag.
    I've known Nicola for about 8 years and already knew her as a fabulous line dancer before I started Ceroc, she's a determined lassie and I'm sure she'll do her utmost to succeed as a DJ, I hope she's given enough time to prove herself in what appears to be very turbulent Ceroc times.

You never know, she may well train to be a Ceroc teacher and then she will become another teacher with a laptop

Indeed, LemonCake.

It'll be a sad sad day.

Thread Information