Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackpool Video

Blog Entries

Blackpool Video

Anyone's Blackpool Vid appeared yet???

If mine doesn't arrive soon I will have movedhouse before it arrives

Sal
    Glad to see you on top form, Peter. We get worried when you are not worrying!

(I think the post office can sort you out with a redirection form)

Blog Entries
    My video arrived today
    About to go watch it now - quite excited, also a bit apprehensive - after all, the camera never lies...

However, the DVD I ordered for the effervescent Toby wan Kenobe has not arrived - perhaps different timeframes for video/dvds?

Blog Entries
    A non-forum amigo of mine got her DVD yesterday but no video yet - looks like it's fairly random - but is it any GOOD??????

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Duur, I got mine yesterday and as usual started an unnecessary thread about it...*g*..why do I always do that?? One of these days I may get into the habiut of actually *looking* to see if someone else (erm..and by this obviously I mean Chicklet) has already started a thread....tsk

Anyway, I watched a bit of it, and it looks groovy, but sadly all the Scottish and honorary Scottish cheering has been edited out in favour of music, which is a shame.

Not that there's anything *wrong* with music...just that I liked the cheering

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Emma

Anyway, I watched a bit of it, and it looks groovy, but sadly all the Scottish and honorary Scottish cheering has been edited out in favour of music, which is a shame.
    :
    they edited out the cheering ? strange, but i supposed extra bits had to go considering the length of time involved - how long does it run for ?

Blog Entries
    morning ems,

copying is the most sincere form of flattery isn't it???

I LOVE that you did what I did!!!!!!

Dunno , didn't look ...

Yeah, the music has been dubbed back over the top of the original sound. I can't see how they could have done it any other way really but it does sort of rob it of the amazing atmosphere there was at the time

Originally posted by Chicklet
    morning ems,
    copying is the most sincere form of flattery isn't it???
    Morning darling...yeah, backflips next

Hey..see..now I'm off topic too!

Watched some of the vid late last night. Div, you and the effervescent TwK look gorgeous.

The Oracle
    Originally posted by Emma
    I can't see how they could have done it any other way
    They might have taken a direct feed from the PA system to the camera on the stage. This would be easier as you wouldn't have to get hold of all the songs again. It wouldn't explain why too many people seem to be dancing off time.

It definitely kills the atmosphere on the video. There are some parts in the showcase where you can hear the audience, but usually it is as if they weren't there.

The sound is not the only problem with the video...
    - It keeps going out of focus.
    - Only one song from each heat is shown, even though most people had a 'warm-up' track that was judged as well.
    - Some people only make fleeting appearances (Sorry Gus/Helen & Bill/Fran - I hope you weren't hoping for a chance to review your freestyle performances in detail!)
    - Too much of the showcase was filmed from the back.
    - The DVD is particularly badly put together. There is no menu, and even the chapter points seem to be random. It makes it difficult finding what you want to see.

Having said that, I'm still glad I got a copy. At least I can finally get to see some of the competitors now. I'll have to go back and read some of the post-competition comments again.

David

Blog Entries
    The magnificent Mary wrote:Watched some of the vid late last night. Div, you and the effervescent TwK look gorgeous.
    Thank you, Mary :sorry I actually though you and Greg got loads of good coverage and looked great, and so precise (how do you do it??)
    I was a bit disappointed that they only showed one song per heat - and especially that they only showed one song per final. Definitely no chance to review our performance, or that of anyone else!! I was really looking forward to watching the other dancers, especially in the final.
    Shame there isn't much crowd noise - it would add to the atmosphere. I haven't watched as far as the showcases yet - but odd if they shot some of them from behind! I can understand why they have kept the video short this year - last years ran to two tapes! - but it would be nice to have a record of the event. As it is, I think too much has been lost in the editing to make it a great video.

I still haven't got mine!

Commercial Operator
    I've got my video and I've watched the whole thing. The good news is that most of the Showcases are in time with the music. As far as I can see, none of the rest is in time.

The ediding in the Double Trouble final is definitely a bit out. At one point my lovely prop-forwards invited me to dive into their arms which I did - and they took their arms away and let me land gracefully (ish) on the floor - the video has me getting up twice! If you don't know who I am, I'm the one in the pink wig.

The other thing I don't like is that the video makes me look fat...

Having said all that I am still pleased I got a copy. It was a fantastic day and the video is a great reminder of it - and it's got a clear message that I should go on a diet.

Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    It's the dress - you should have listened to Trinny and Susannah!

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    [/B]
    Andy I think you're being hypercritical here, surely it's the effect of the pink tutu There again a rugby shirt wouldn't have been very slimming either!

I haven't seen it all yet, but I'm also disappointed that you can't really review anyone's performance. Especially Lily and James, as I couldn't see them on the day.

But what happened to Intermediate 2nd round, heat 2. It vanished altogether. It would be the time that I felt Mary & I did our best performance!

Looking forward to seeing the showcases, most of which I missed on the day.

And so far I've heard nothing about any video for Hammersmith, or am I way out of date here, I can guarantee that Olive Oyl's drawers were a big draw!

Greg

Commercial Operator
    Doh! Graham you beat me to it again!

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Graham
    It's the dress - you should have listened to Trinny and Susannah!
    Who told you the pet names for my prop forwards? The Tramp prefers his pet name to be spelt Suzanna!

Blog Entries
    The gracious Greg wrote:But what happened to Intermediate 2nd round, heat 2. It vanished altogether. It would be the time that I felt Mary & I did our best performance!
    I'm glad I wasn't losing my mind - I thought that Intermediate 2/2 was missing (because TwK and I were nowhere to be seen - and you know how shy and retiring we are! ). Yes - it's a shame, especially as I wanted to see Greg and Mary strut their stuff (were in the same heats on the day so couldn't really watch).
    Debster - your showcase looks AMAZING!! no matter how many times I see it!

Thread Information