Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Was last night amazing for you too?

Commercial Operator

Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

Not a dance event, but it was amazing.

After a long day working and driving, I took a trip down to my local (I think that's the second time in 24 years I've been in that pub.) The live music was Gwyneth Herbert, she has one of those smoky yet powerful voices, not too rare in the jazz circles, but what did it for me was the ease of her interpretation, adding new life to numerous classics.
    Probably not much that's likely to be heard in MJ, though I think I have danced to her version of Fever.

Her own compositions have plenty of wit & incisiveness. For her encore, she left the PA behind, the crowd were hushed & spellbound as she sang, and near to tears by the end, with her sentiment.

It made such a change to see some live music, when I'm so busy researching recoded stuff.

And now I stink of smoke

Greg

Oh yeah!

Not that I'm boasting or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman View Post

Not a dance event, but it was amazing.

After a long day working and driving, I took a trip down to my local (I think that's the second time in 24 years I've been in that pub.) The live music was Gwyneth Herbert, she has one of those smoky yet powerful voices, not too rare in the jazz circles, but what did it for me was the ease of her interpretation, adding new life to numerous classics.
    Probably not much that's likely to be heard in MJ, though I think I have danced to her version of Fever.

Her own compositions have plenty of wit & incisiveness. For her encore, she left the PA behind, the crowd were hushed & spellbound as she sang, and near to tears by the end, with her sentiment.

It made such a change to see some live music, when I'm so busy researching recoded stuff.

And now I stink of smoke

Greg
    I recognised the name and did a little Googling. Her personal site seems to have been abandonned and replaced by a MySpace effort which is pretty much of a disaster - very slow and clunky and links in royal blue against black which are unreadable on my screen (usually that's the province of the warex geeks). Always use bold against a black background; and a decent point size too.

Nevertheless, I liked her vocalisations and the backing arrangements of her highlighted tracks. In particular "The Woman meets the Man ... " seemed to be a track that could justifiabley be described as challenging.

Next time she's round these parts I'll be on the lookout for a ticket.

The Forum Legend

Last night was truly amazing.

Sat in the car park at dancing, waiting for a recovery vehicle, after my clutch decided to give up the ghost. That'll be £200 to the man at the garage then.

To finally get home to find a virus on my PC, from a MSN message that someone had sent me earlier in the day.

No more amazing nights like this one please....

Yes Had possibly the best time i have had cerocing. However, i sometimes whether it has more to do with the mood you are in rather than anything else?

Had a great time. I did double trouble and sort of pulled it off ok I also learnt a lovely move in the intermediate class. Stoke has a new teacher and she has some excellent intermediate moves!

Stop by and check her out! It'll be 'one lady on please, one lady on' and before you know it we could be dancing together

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Had a great time. I did double trouble
    I didnt feel a thing

The Forum Legend

Not even being pulled off ok?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Had a great time. I did double trouble and sort of pulled it off ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I didnt feel a thing
    You really did ask for that Stokie

Twirlie Bird
    -x-

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I didnt feel a thing
    C'mere and say that cus you'll feel far more than a thing

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Well the earth moved for me last night but not in a nice way - was taken out mid Ceroc spin to find myself flat on my a**e in the middle of a crowded dance floor and it wasn't my fault although I'll save the man in question from public humiliation this time.

Smile Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

Yup good night out though I think coming off a caffine high left me feeling nackered. Felt sleepy at the end of routine. Had my first dance without man spin or yoyo . Which was nice though i did end up really close to doing them. Now if i can do a dance without man spin ish moves that would be something...

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Had a rubsih night last night. Couldn't get in to it at all.

And I managed to take someone out mid ceroc spin and make her end up flat on her a**e.

Went up to Knutsford to dance. I had a try of the WCS class... WOW that is some weird stuff. Hard to get to grips with. But really good fun to try something new. I think the teacher is the new guy who demo's at Stoke... I think. Either way he really knew his stuff

They also ran a blues class... this was my first try at a blues class too. Seemed strange, not quite what I had expected from blues... more like slow MJ... but what do I know? Like I said it was my first try at it.

The music was great all night. Big up DJ Becky (I think that's her name). Anyway, fantastic to hear different and danceable tracks all night. A real treat not to hear 'Now I can dance' once

The standard to dancing was really high, this was reflected in the standard of the teaching! Great routine Keith, and the whole class moved at a steady manageable pace for me. Cheers for some great moves. The dance floor is fairly compact, but two of the edges run up to the walls, this gives it quite a claustrophobic feeling if you are in the corner where the walls meet. With all the lifts, drops and dips going on it really was a bit of a mine field at times!

I would recommend anyone to give Knutsford a try BUT! But make sure you go in a small group. The venue is not friendly at all. To be honest I felt like a gate crasher at a stranger's wedding reception - if you know what I mean. It's a shame because that really has put me off going back, unless there were some people going who I knew. Nobody spoke to me, and nobody asked me for a dance... I guess I have been spoilt by the hospitality of Ceroc Midlands.

Well, maybe not amazing but, nevertheless, a pretty enjoyable night with enough pretty slow expressive tunes to keep me happy here in the North West Country or South Midlands.

We had a guest teacher, and very female at that, who taught a rather nice intermediate routine; much of which would lend itself to Blues dancing. But, as usual, just a little too much for me to retain and, in my usual lazy fashion, I reverted to auto pilot beginner moves once into the freestyle.

Not exactly amazing, but I had a good night.. Hoping to have a better night on Friday!

I had an amazing night last night - bad day, lots of stress.

Eve went dancing, met up with someone I knew at a distance for 7 years of dance, wow she was wonderful to dance with.....

Music average, but had some fab dances...

Bromsgrove Tea Dance

First time there so not sure what to expect. Great dancers - I even managed to dance with a champ (poor girl I hope she'll come back after my attempts at MJ with her)! But she was just... ohhh

Then there was Fletch and the Fletcherettes Dancing blues with Fletch to a really amazing track whilst wearing my leathers..... oh my! Is it hot in that venue or was it just me

WittyBird...... I can't get enough of playing with you on the floor babes. You make it all soooo fun And spinning Jaime for all he's worth... and some more is just sooo cool. The more I dance with you guys the better it seems to fit together. Thanks for the dances Jaime

Fantastic music, FREE ICED WATER, free tea, free coffee, free biscuits, four hours dancing and a wine raffle - all for £6!!

I can see Sunday's becoming Bromsgrove night for me.....!!!

just weight till TwerlyBird gets her hands on CJ

Well - last night wasn't particularly amazing for me, but the weekend was - utopia, and derby, great time. I even managed to lead three dances in roller blades on sat - although they were a little (or a lot) dodgy!!

I will deffinatley be going to derby again - i can am sure of that!!

Thread Information