Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Was last night amazing for you too?

Smile Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

Took it really slow last night. Had one wisdom teeth out. So it made for an interesting evening.

Another nice night some really smart moves learnt.

Didnt to do to badly only felt light headed after 9:30 only down side was that i couldnt dance alot and had to miss some really good tracks.

But hey there is always tonight. Won't feel like am floating about as i dont need my painkillers wonder if you can overdoze on ceroc..

Commercial Operator

Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

I just know that tonight is going to be amazing for me. I am going to meet 'Fletch and the Fletcherettes' and grab the opportunity to take guidance and advice from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    grab the opportunity to take guidance and advice from them.
    I really wouldn't

Last night I did Milton Keynes for the first time, and Witty Bird (en route to Southport via Wolv a Hampton)was there with JacksonDonut, as well as Rachel - who very kindly spent some time with me 1:1 on repeat of Intermediates (great class by Marc) as well as elementary Tango. Thanks Rachel!!

Before I knew it, the evening was over. The good news was that Mika 'Grace Kelly' was on for my first time.

For full report on MK + Grace Kelly you can see the (mildly entertaining) you know what if you are that way inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    Last night I did Milton Keynes for the first time, and Witty Bird (en route to Southport via Wolv a Hampton)was there with JacksonDonut, as well as Rachel - who very kindly spent some time with me 1:1 on repeat of Intermediates (great class by Marc) as well as elementary Tango. Thanks Rachel!!

Before I knew it, the evening was over. The good news was that Mika 'Grace Kelly' was on for my first time.

For full report on MK + Grace Kelly you can see the (mildly entertaining) you know what if you are that way inclined.
    Lovely to see you, Witty & Jan there! Next time, we'll have some proper dances as well. The evening's never long enough, is it?

Perhaps I should put this in the 'What ceroc does badly' thread, but I think Ceroc nights should go on until at least 11.30pm.

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I think Ceroc nights should go on until at least 11.30pm.
    Our nights end at 10:30pm but its often 11:30 before we've left. The music does end at 10:30 but we tend to linger and chat. Last night decided that since we do that anyway we might as well go and sit in the bar till it closed at 11:30pm. Oh dear, I could see that becoming a habit ... The plus side it that I can spend almost all the time when the music is on actually dancing, if there is time to chat afterwards.

I did have a good evening last night because something clicked when I was leading the beginner ladies, I seemed to find a way of mixing the moves gradually thoughout the dance that worked and I saw them transform from stiff armed, back leading, bundles of panic, to slightly more relaxed, occasionally smiling and - following most of the time.

I was at Wolverhampton last night and I finally met the infamous Fletch (and the Fletcherettes). More importantly I got to dance with Fletch (and the Fletcherettes).

Fletch, I loved our dances, thank you babe. Thank you for all the encouragement, pointers, tips, suggestions and ideas. Ohhh and thank you so much for the 'blues' lessons. I lost count of how many dances we had, but I loved every single one. Come back and see us all again soon
    Huge thanks to Caz and Witty for the dances Witty you are a bit of a handful, but you're well worth the effort

And that leaves Jaime. What can I say about dancing with Jamie? Having never led a guy before I went in a little blind.... but I will say this one thing to anyone who leads out there in Ceroc-Scotland-Land....
    If you are a venue and Jamie is there, you are completely out of your tiny brain if you don't take the chance to dance with him, beg, borrow or steal a dance with him, but get out on the floor with him!
    He is awesome

Mike great tunes and a really fantastic night! It was so good in fact that everyone was shouting for more after you had already extended the set by 30 minutes.... top job mate

Last night was amazing.... does it show

Went to the opening night at Faversham yesterday. Turned out to be really good despite the fact that my favourite partner wasn't there .

A good mix of people of different abilities from lots of areas of Kent - quite a few that I know, but enough that I didn't know (or haven't seen in ages) to make it an interesting evening. NICE floor, good music, nice atmosphere, even numbers of men and women , challenging and different Intermediate moves (nice one Virginia!), lovely venue and even though it went on til midnight, a lot of people had drifted away by 11.00 so there was plenty of space, but even at it's busiest it wasn't crammed full.

All in all I was impressed. The only bad things I can think of were the toilets and the locals outside afterwards

Tonight was amazing! I finally met and danced with Dai, lead and follow and a bit of both. Thanks babe the dances were fantastic, sorry I got greedy but I could have danced another four or five straight with you. Awesome fun There is no way I would have guessed how short a time you have been following. You made it really easy for me - fanx

I really got my money's worth tonight. I led ladies, I led a guy, I got led by a lady, I got led by a guy in double trouble and in one dance with Dai we took turns leading until I was totally confused about who was driving I had some great dances but more importantly I had amazing fun. I swear Stafford gets more like Mardi Gras every week! Yes; I know there are people who like to moan and nit pick about the venue, but with its super fast fun floor, the party atmosphere, great crew and excellent DJ I can't help but love dancing at Stafford - so shoot me

Actually, I just love dancing

it was actually

intermediate class had some interesting moves (didn't like the shoulder slide push thingie.. but loved the baskety thing and the other moves)

Had a dance with Lisa (the teacher) and it was great (I admit to being terribly nervous about dancing with such a good dancer.. I didn't rip her arms off which was a bonus)

I got my tickets for Beach Ballroom so (even though they were more expensive than I anticipated.. I had £23.80 in my pocket.. and I needed £24 for my two tickets .. thanks gadget for the 20p .. and thanks to Trampy for getting me a drink later in the evening )

Had some really great dances , and although not ALL the tracks were to my taste (Trampy.. what WAS that one where they murdered Another brick in the wall by Pink Floyd?) there were plenty of great tracks on during the evening .. including some of my faves. And the last track..

You know.. I might just be getting this dancing bug thing after all

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Wow what a great night I had at High Rocks in Tunbridge Wells. I had been losing my enthusiasm for that particular venue and went with no real expectations but had an amazing night. Some really great dances and loads of rock and roll music

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Fletch, I loved our dances, thank you babe. Thank you for all the encouragement, pointers, tips, suggestions and ideas. Ohhh and thank you so much for the 'blues' lessons. I lost count of how many dances we had, but I loved every single one. Come back and see us all again soon

Just to show you we are allowed more than two

Your attitude is just right for dancing I don't think it will be long before you want more insperation

Tonight was amazing! I finally met and danced with Dai, lead and follow and a bit of both. Thanks babe the dances were fantastic, sorry I got greedy but I could have danced another four or five straight with you. Awesome fun There is no way I would have guessed how short a time you have been following. You made it really easy for me - fanx
    Awwwwww Geeez Thanks

You are a lovely lead yourself, i was well impressed!! And it was lovely to dance with you. Infact it was lovely to dance with all of you Stafford peoples - Twirly, IceBreaker and Mike. Hope to see you guys soon

If you are a venue and Jamie is there, you are completely out of your tiny brain if you don't take the chance to dance with him, beg, borrow or steal a dance with him, but get out on the floor with him!
    He is awesome
    Nah Jamie is Boring! You don't want to dance with him!

He's just "Hyper Like a Monkey?"

Went to St Neots last night and had another great night. Music so-so and had to rein in a few ladies who insisted on trying to pass to the right no matter what I was attempting to lead (including the teacher and no, it wasn't Michaela) but still lots of fun dances with people at different levels of experience. Think I am still buzzing from Southport and I don't want it to stop Interesting that the common perception is that going to regular nights immediately following a weekender can only be a disappointment - for me it has been the opposite. I guess for a follower it could be different though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    was lovely to dance with all of you Stafford peoples - Twirly, IceBreaker and Mike.
    Wassat? Twirly came up to Stafford? And here was me thinking she was in London

I guess you mean Twirly Bird?

(or my Twirly has a secret double life she's not telling me about!)

I knew having two Twirly's on the forum would make things confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    Wassat? Twirly came up to Stafford? And here was me thinking she was in London

I guess you mean Twirly Bird?

(or my Twirly has a secret double life she's not telling me about!)

I knew having two Twirly's on the forum would make things confusing.
    Not me - never been to Stafford in my life!

Anyway, I'm Twirly, she's Twirlie

apologies Twirly - i did mean Twirlie Bird

Wink Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

Yeah i had a great time. Stumbled along with the first move having just got it right in the end. Onto next fun and easy moves followed by the last move which was really great.

Was fairly busy so one of my followers and i decided to go all babysteps. Which was more funny than anything else and many thanks to Von who assisted me by walking me to a bigger floor space across the dance floor.

Roll on tonight

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    Went to Ceroc Bath.

And looking forward to the new Ceroc venue in Bristol
    What new venue in Bristol? Haven't heard about this.

I too have been going to a Ceroc venue in Bath recently, the Pavilian by any chance? I rate it quite highly though I don't always get there in time for the lesson as I do a Salsa class first at another venue (I know, kinda compulsive) but, when I have made it, the class has been good with clever inventive moves Richard's a great teacher and entertainer. And, after years of dancing at leroc venues, I am now officially a Ceroc member too as from just before Christmas.

Thread Information