Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Was last night amazing for you too?

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

I had a great time last night, Lorna was back and feeling better Fab dances with Husky Cat, Alan (cool moves ) the taxi dancer, Freudian Hips, Firefly (on tour), various beginners and Rob - brilliant! He lead me into Tango - type moves added to which Gail had my favourite sweeties at the front desk. Brill new venue - loving it! And other people liking MIKA as much as me
    Plus lots of lovely people who helped me with all the equipment at the end of the night - cheers guys
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

I went to Leicester for the first time ever tonight - its a really friendly venue, and i had a great time. I shall certainly be going there again. Good music, good dances, - all good.

Not quite last night - it was the night before last. Commis Chef and I had an amazing night.

We went to a tiny village hall event. The music was fantastic (or should I just say - to our tastes) we even enjoyed dancing to T-Rex Get it on. The floor was utterly superb. The other dancers have not yet fully developed their skills as the club has been running for a short time but it was most enjoyable dancing with them.

What made it fantstic apart from the great music and the superb floor.

Space.

For once we could both dance without worrying about people crashing into us. We had a fantstically inventive dance night when we were dancing together. I pushed home to us one of the great things about travelling long distances to dance in places with other good dancers. They dance in their space and keep their dancing controlled and tidy and I don't have to worry about them crashing into us. Less concentration on them more on the music and my partner.

Where was this place? Not telling you. Besides, even out here in the sticks this place is in the back of beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    And other people liking MIKA as much as me
    I'm loving Mika, there is so much play/ scope involved with it. I can't wait for the album I personally think there will be showcases to it at the champs in May - wish it was me

Couldn't go to ceroc last night as I have a horrible cold at the moment first one I've missed for ages .

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Couldn't go to ceroc last night as I have a horrible cold at the moment first one I've missed for ages .
    You weren't the only one - think the snow kept loads of people away. You didn't miss one of the best nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Sage words. After all the ranting about Stafford I thought it was only right and proper to see if all the claims about how wonderfull it was had some basis ... and see how the place has changed in the last 4 years since I last visited (when H was still teaching there )

To be honest, I went down fully expecting to slag it off. I really couldn't see how it had produced any good dancers as the Midlands clubs tend to be a bit isolated and few good words have been uttered about the Ceroc DJs ... but I tried to have an open frame of mind.

First impressions were not good. The floor was DANGEROUS (it was a last minute decision to go and I only had my work shoes with me ... leather soles ). I had to severely modify my moves so I didnt send me or my partner crashing to the floor. Also, aside from the instructor and a couple of long-time dancers I knew, there was no one who stood out as a dance star .. in fact I would have said the standard reflected a club going for about 18 months rather than one thats been around for 8 years or so. The lighting was a joke. No proper DJ lights, just half the hall lights turned off ... poor show. Soooooo ... from that aspect my initial thoughts were confirmed ... a sad wasteland of dancing ...BUT

... I've got to admit I quite enjoyed myself. The main reason was the music, one of the best sets I've heard played by a Ceroc DJ in many a year. Also, the teacher was Lorraine, who I taught with years ago. She's lovely and a great dancer. As for the female dancers, their inexperienece with anything outside the strict Ceroc syllabus was evident, but at least they were NOT prone to backleading and tended to go where they were led, more than I can say for some of my local venues.

So, in short, not somewhere I would venture again, but I enjoyed myself. The puzzle for me is that given the excellence of the teacher and the music, why did everyone there appear to be a newish dancer?

Gus, I was there that evening (and again this week) and I had a great time. To be honest if you come along for the last half an hour in your workshoes you're going to have a problem - it's a fast floor, we all know that, and we wear the appropriate footwear - dancefloors differ wherever you go.
    As for the standard, well that's subjective isn't it? All I can say is everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun and that's why I, for one, keep going. I think folks have been raving about it being a great social night full of lovely people, rather than about the level of dancing....I know which is more important to me.
    You will have missed the apology they made about the lighting being fused, it's usually very atmospheric. It's a shame you were disappointed, I think you were probably the only one that was! You should go again sometime (with sensible shoes of course

Not last night, Wed night. Busy week, worked till 10pm on Tues, v busy at work Wed morning, travel Wed afternoon - I really needed something fun on Wed night.

Big thanks to Dave the Scaffolder for giving me a lift from my conference centre to Stevenage. I was really tired and paced myself but it was the perfect unwind evening. Nice to meet Trouble too!

Last night was one of the best nights of my entire life Lalalalalalalaaaaaa

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

no i had a rather average night but i was out for dinner and clubbing with a few friends. Clubbing just isnt as much fun when you're not out with ceroc-ers

I had a fabulous night at Knustford last night, it wasn't as busy as usual which I liked, there was a singer on at the end of the evening and I though she was lovely.

Considering I felt lousy it was a good night

Well Bulwell wasn't as busy as usual but all in all I enjoyed it. Where were all the men though hey?! Oh and who was the man that held me upside down for what seemed like forever and a day lol....he had the ladies queuing up for him anyway!

Last night at Chesham (in aid of chairty): Somewhere a dancer went kachow!

Quote Originally Posted by blissful View Post
    To be honest if you come along for the last half an hour in your workshoes you're going to have a problem - it's a fast floor, we all know that, and we wear the appropriate footwear - dancefloors differ wherever you go.
    Urrrmmm ... the danceflor was commented on by most of the dancers I took onto the floor ... and by the experineced dancers who I know from way back. Experiences of a club venue is always a personal thing and I fully accept for new dancers the club is probably very good. However, i was there for an hour and was getting frustrated when you've got superb music but no-one (with the exception of Lorraine ) who was able to do much outside basic ceroc moves

Yup ... a social club it may have been, but only two lasses asked me to dance (and they both knew me) and no one spoke to me without me making the effort to speak to them so you'll forgive me if I dont share your view as to how friendly the club was.

PS -- Am I just getting too much into conspiracy theory ... but is this about the third time when a 'new' forum member has appeared out of the blue just to defend Mike's clubs, then disappear never to be seen again?

PS -- Am I just getting too much into conspiracy theory ... but is this about the third time when a 'new' forum member has appeared out of the blue just to defend Mike's clubs, then disappear never to be seen again?

Well a few of us will be going along to Wolverhampton on Thursday so lets just see how we find it. A complete and honest review is what I will give.

Now must remember to take my notepad

No Gus your not, I have just been doing my best not to say it first, funny they seem to have a sickly flavour to them, blissfully, delectably, delicious, sorry they just leave a bad taste in my mouth, but hey i'm a blond woman what would I know, I know one thing the aforementioned names are not men, even if get PM's saying they are using the husbands logon.

There seems to me only a few people I know that say what they mean, have the courage, 'sweet one's' stand up and be counted or scuttle back on the door where's you came from

I've had a fab few days - Utopia at Evesham, Chester, then dancing monday in Daventry, Tues Northants, Wed Leicester, Thurs Northants, Friday, Bedford, Saturday Knutsford, Sunday Rugby, Monday Dav, and tonight northants again.

I have never danced so much in my life!! One of the best things i have found from venturing out of my little local area is that up north the venues and the people are so friendly, sorry to say its not the same in the south, but hey what can you do about that!!

A huge thankyou to all the people i had wonderful dances with at Knutsford - i'll definately be head back that way in the not too distant future.

And an enormous thank you to Fletch - who is opening my eyes to a world of ceroc outside of Northants!!! Not really sure where to go this weekend however - all of you guys will be at southport, so local venues will be empty, and i can't go as i have to work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    i can't go as i have to work!!
    Oh the woe's of the professional student eh

Well at least you can take a walk around the lake or prune the orchard if you're bored without us all

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    Oh the woe's of the professional student eh

Well at least you can take a walk around the lake or prune the orchard if you're bored without us all

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! How rude!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post

And an enormous thank you to Fletch - who is opening my eyes to a world of ceroc outside of Northants!!! Not really sure where to go this weekend however - all of you guys will be at southport, so local venues will be empty, and i can't go as i have to work!!
    your welcome babes

we will miss you at Southport Hammersmith the following Saturday, Utopia is a sell out again on the Friday

The piont is there is a world outside Ceroc its MJ just good venues, good music, good dancers whoever runs the venue, Ceroc or independent

Knutsford is independent

Thread Information