Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Was last night amazing for you too?

Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

Quote Originally Posted by icebraker View Post
    J11 last night just of M6 justs gets better every week, by the way Fletch Petes had his ban lifted he was there last night

woooow

I wonder why

I hope he has learn't his lesson he might think twice about commenting on the music

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I had a fab night last night one lady lost 10lb in a week
    Did she give birth without realising
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by icebraker View Post
    J11 last night just of M6 justs gets better every week, by the way Fletch Petes had his ban lifted he was there last night
    Had a great night's dancing last night too, was a toss up between The J11 Club and Burton. Opted to go to Burton in the end. Glad I did as I learnt two really useful moves in the intermediate class. See you at the freestyle on Saturday maybe icebraker

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    See you at the freestyle on Saturday maybe icebraker
    I thought you weren't allowed out at weekends

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He started it Mr James sir
    Ah, respect at last

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Ah, respect at last

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Did she give birth without realising
    No. I think she cut off her leg!

I thought you weren't allowed out at weekends
    Hence the word maybe, I'm trying to jiggle work commitments so I can get along even if it's only for an hour. Who knows

Better late than never........this was my night - from the night being referred to. (This is a cut and paste from the (mildly entertaining) you know what:

One new move I forgot to mention in this post, was learning the Jack-in-the-box.......

================================================== ====

I decided to return to Basingstoke and Dance-Yourself-Dizzywho run it (and Fleet and Winchester). The great advantage of DYD is that the web site is a treasure trove of MJ video lessons. For a mere £8.,50 for 6 months you get access to the lot from beginners to advanced moves - and you can download the lot. Plus - the intermediate lesson gets posted the day after: now that's what I want!

Added to that, the teacher (same guy as the video, same backdrop) is crystal clear and gets it all well organised. Top.
    And............orange squash at 50p a pint.....!!

Ok - now to some vignettes:

1. When I first went several months ago, there was a woman making loud noises (you know the type....can hear from half a mile away).......and the teacher went "5 women on......" - and I heard "which lucky man is going to get me?".......and you guessed it - she landed on me. Well it was **** test time (see the link if you don't know what this is...........) - so I gave some back and she said "oooooh we're going to have a baby together" (bear in mind she is 50+). Round 1 closed. The women did the circuit - and guess what.........she landed on me again......."Oooooooh - it's going to be twins (laughs out loud)". As it happens she was quite a competent dancer. She was there again - but seem to be a bit quieter (good).

2. I was surprised to be remembered by several women. There was Tai-Chi-Woman - we share a common interest in the oriental art. I guess she is about 70+ - and knows all the moves - and dresses so fashionably. At the end of the dance, she asked me what style I had been dancing - and she thought it was Lindy Hop......????? (Eh? - some chance - that would be cool.....).

3. Drk-Spin was probably the best dancer that side of the M25 - superb double spins like I'd never seen quite as perfectly executed. Quite delightful: a highly proficient, premier league dancer and we had 2 great dances.

4. The Taxi-1 asked me to dance - and we had 2. She was great fun - with lots and lots of style (too much?? - I dunno when it becomes too much - but it was fun to see). Danced with the demonstrator (Lin) who was fine - and I wanted to check out the Basket move we did in Intermediate - so she helped on that.

5. Danced a few times with Jenz which was fun - funky - which is what it's all about at the end of the day. She told me (as other women have told me (see previous posts) that some guys can take it all a bit too seriously............why??). She will be a great dancer.

All in all a fine evening - although it lacks a bit of the zip of say St. Albans or Stevenage: perhaps because of the music (sometimes seemed like a school disco from the 1970's) and also the fact that it really thinned out by 10:30 (don't know why - that's only about 1 hour freestyle).

Ok - quite a distance from St. Albans - but at that time (going and coming back) it's quite a fast run; Stone Roses to listen to on the way back, followed by Kephlunk, Shaggy remix, Praisecats and there we go!

The Dashing Moderator

Yes, I had a great night.

My local venue (Marcus Garvey in Nottingham). I enjoyed it more than Utopia the night before (partly due to my being tired on Friday night).

At Nottingham, there were still some really lovely dancers, some really good music, and (even with about 150 folk there) space to dance comfortably.
    Love dance, will travel

I was at the Stoke freestyle last night for a couple of hours and I had my first try at double trouble! Boy, is that fun. I also had a dance with a lady who just glides around the floor - I love dancing with girls like her that make me look good

There was a guy there who was doing merengue, and I managed to nab one of his moves and pull it on the floor later on (only something simple but that sort of development makes it feel like my dancing is progressing).

I also spent some time chatting with an awesome lead (hi David), getting some pointers and tips; he was even kind enough to show me how to do a move I was talking to him about properly

Last night was amazing...... dancing is amazing.... I'm still grinning like mad today

for most of us when we started dancing we couldn't belive how FAB it was and raved on about it to our freinds, the danger is 'teaching your granny to suck eggs' i'm sure I can say we are all please you are so excited about you new discovery. There is a world out side Stafford I hope you get chance to to find out
    Sage words. After all the ranting about Stafford I thought it was only right and proper to see if all the claims about how wonderfull it was had some basis ... and see how the place has changed in the last 4 years since I last visited (when H was still teaching there )

To be honest, I went down fully expecting to slag it off. I really couldn't see how it had produced any good dancers as the Midlands clubs tend to be a bit isolated and few good words have been uttered about the Ceroc DJs ... but I tried to have an open frame of mind.

First impressions were not good. The floor was DANGEROUS (it was a last minute decision to go and I only had my work shoes with me ... leather soles ). I had to severely modify my moves so I didnt send me or my partner crashing to the floor. Also, aside from the instructor and a couple of long-time dancers I knew, there was no one who stood out as a dance star .. in fact I would have said the standard reflected a club going for about 18 months rather than one thats been around for 8 years or so. The lighting was a joke. No proper DJ lights, just half the hall lights turned off ... poor show. Soooooo ... from that aspect my initial thoughts were confirmed ... a sad wasteland of dancing ...BUT

... I've got to admit I quite enjoyed myself. The main reason was the music, one of the best sets I've heard played by a Ceroc DJ in many a year. Also, the teacher was Lorraine, who I taught with years ago. She's lovely and a great dancer. As for the female dancers, their inexperienece with anything outside the strict Ceroc syllabus was evident, but at least they were NOT prone to backleading and tended to go where they were led, more than I can say for some of my local venues.

So, in short, not somewhere I would venture again, but I enjoyed myself. The puzzle for me is that given the excellence of the teacher and the music, why did everyone there appear to be a newish dancer?
    Last edited by Gus; 21st-January-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Had a brilliant night last night. Learnt a couple of really useful intermediate moves (I'm finding out that some are far easier to work into freestyle, and far more adaptable than others). I also had a couple of wonderful dances - I even pulled off a really nice dip I have been practicing. Ohh and the DJ had the Swingerhead track I asked for too

I love dancing!

I can't say last night was brilliant, but it certainly wasn't bad. The thing that made it last night was dancing with one particualr woman. I hadn't seen her since the new year, and not being her regular venue it was such a pleasent surprise. If she is at a venue i have to ask her to dance, for if i don't its like i've had an incomplete night.

Do you know what i mean?? There are very few people who i dance with that i enjoy dancing with this much - in fact only two. There are obviously many people whom i love to dance with however, but these two people are just special.

I hope that makes sense - so yes last night was great, because one of these two people was there.

I went to Ceroc in Twickers last night with Mr. & Mrs Under Par - had a really fab evening - great venue, fab floor, lots of friendly faces, lots of great dancers - definitely worth the trip (even the 30 mile detour on the way home damn road works ) - thanks for driving UP

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Today was my birthday so it was going to be extra special anyway. But I also had my first go at double trouble tonight. I only knew a couple of moves, but the girls I danced with were amazingly good sports and humored the birthday boy

Thanks girls... you really made my birthday extra special.... I just didn't know how addictive double trouble could be, it's sooo much fun. I just need some practice now

I love dancing at Stafford, it's always soooo much fun. Looking forward to the J11 Club tomorrow now

Whoop! I've had a WICKED night, best night I've had since Hammersmith, went to a venue in Mansfield tonight... I was on form tonight, spins were wicked, followed fantastically, my routine went down really well.. Music was spot on, just an absolutely wicked night in general...

WHOOP

Last night was {cough} ok , Sadly to say I've {cough} had better nights. The Class was Good, The teaching was good{cough} , the music was {cough} good and what Freestyle I managed {cough} was good too.

Alas before class I got a drenching in the cold, and if {cough} there's anything better suited to {cough} aggravating my asthmatic Cough {cough} then it's cold and damp (and smoke.. but luckily I was spared the {cough} hat trick)

What I managed of {cough} the night was great though. And after {cough} steaming my airways and having a {cough} good nights sleep I'm fully functional and all my circuits are working {cough} perfectly... well.. Mostly

I did miss the presence of some of my favourite dancers though , Freya, Piglet, Genie, and several non-forumites.. WHERE WHERE YOU?

The Forum Legend

You only enjoyed it because I told you about the woman who had been telling me how much she enjoyed dancing with you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    You only enjoyed it because I told you about the woman who had been telling me how much she enjoyed dancing with you!
    No I liked the moves too.. the Baskety thingie and the neck break thingie and that funny spinny thingie I kept getting wrong (You have to admire my grasp of the technical names for these moves don't you )

And the music was good. I enjoyed the dances I did do.. and would have had a lot more had it not been for my damned {cough}

Thread Information