Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697
Results 1,921 to 1,939 of 1939

Thread: Was last night amazing for you too?

Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

Meant to post this on Wed - oops!

So from JJ's Glasgow on Tuesday:

One of my favourite leads gave me a wonderful dance.. Just how did you know that just then I needed that set of moves to that track???

Thanks WT

I went to Dancesin's Sunday Soiree at Lickey End, South Birmingham, last night, and had a great time, largely due to the fine set played by the DJ. No slit-yer-wrists undanceable 12 bar blues, no bland easy-listening tediousness, just a chilled but upbeat set of tracks, lots of new stuff, lots of tried and tested blues-room faves, a sprinkling of Ceroc classics, and plenty of funky blues. Music that makes me want to get up and dance rather than go home and go to sleep. Many thanks to all involved.

Don't know whether to put this in here or in the Thank You note game

Everyone probably knows who they are - but:

Red Bull kicked in then? And stop apologising – that was so me!
    Haven’t seen you for ages – lovely to dance with you again
    Tickle me? Do you dare??
    Ask my feet what they are up to, they bypass my brain and get instructions from the music.
    Too little time in the Blues room means I’ll come and shadow dance with you all the more.
    Was it left brain or right brain you used on me? Hypnotism was the result anyway.
    Was that dance slow enough to be your warm up? I wasn’t ready for the stairs though
    Ambassador – you are spoiling me.

Thanks for my night guys. You gave me my buzz back

WT

Just the last dance really made last night for me. Gentle blues with a feather-light follow, soaked in connection and fun

Last Saturday's 3 room freestyle run by Dance Synergy at the Caroline Chisholm school in Northampton was IMO the best yet. The full potential of this excellent venue is now being realised. This time a real effort had been made to make the third room more inviting and it worked - all three rooms were well used. It helped that there was a really good guest DJ in the third room (came from Kent but didn't catch the name) and with the unholy trinity of CJ, Rev Drop and Blue Shoes in the blues room great music was assured. Plenty of good dancers in attendance so it made for a great evening. I'm looking forward to more of these events next year (4 are promised), especially as the venue is only 15 minutes from my new house

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Last Saturday's 3 room freestyle run by Dance Synergy at the Caroline Chisholm school in Northampton was IMO the best yet. The full potential of this excellent venue is now being realised. This time a real effort had been made to make the third room more inviting and it worked - all three rooms were well used. It helped that there was a really good guest DJ in the third room (came from Kent but didn't catch the name) and with the unholy trinity of CJ, Rev Drop and Blue Shoes in the blues room great music was assured. Plenty of good dancers in attendance so it made for a great evening. I'm looking forward to more of these events next year (4 are promised), especially as the venue is only 15 minutes from my new house
    You're right on the mark LL. Couldn't speak about the main room since I never got there but the other 2 rooms were great. I preferred the 3rd room for parts of the evening since music was great and it wasn't as busy, so better to play in.

Commercial Operator

Plum Ball last night in memory of Ruth Bell - I had a great night, met a whole bunch of new and familiar faces, had some lovely dances, reminisced about Ruth.

A very special evening, and one I think she'd have loved.

A day late, but Tuesday at Mamlock House in Manchester was absolutely fantastic. Lots of fabulous followers, all happy to put up with my clumsiness, and some evil sod choosing music that I couldn't sit down to.

Excellent night

Me and Gav went to Rochester last night and had a surprisingly good evening. What tempted us was Nigel Anderson being there to do a swing class and the promise of some swing music.

They played a whole hour of swing music between 9 and 10 and the rest of the evening was the standard ceroc tunes with a few swing tracks thrown in now and again. Everyone I danced with said they absolutely loved the swing music and would love to learn to lindy hop, so from the feedback I got last night I would say this was definitely worth a re-visit and perhaps a regular theme?

The swing music played seemed carefully chosen to be at a speed that you could easily modern jive to it, but if you wanted to you could lindy too, so everyone could enjoy it.

No free water and £10 entrance irritated me slightly and the 'atmospheric blues room' turned out the be a very cold room with music playing on a stereo in the corner, with no one in it, but a good night nonetheless.

Declaration of interest: I crew for ceroc, though I had nothing to do with the party last night.

What an amazing night last night! We were at the Rutherglen party in Glasgow last night, with Tim Sant visiting. The party was sold out, with the dancefloor unusually being full from before the fun class. It did feel slightly too crowded until the blues room opened, when both rooms then felt full with a great atmosphere but enough room to dance. Lots of great dances with lots of lovely dancers, with some faces there I haven't seen for quite a while. The floor was fast in both rooms, which suits me just fine. I usually spend a lot of time in the blues room, but I have to admit the set from Nix in the main room was so good that I spent far less time in the blues room than usual - sorry Tiggerbabe!

All in all, there was a great buzz about the whole night. Like most people I go through peaks and troughs with my dancing and I have enjoyed dancing recently, particularly over the festive period, but last night was something else again

I went to the first Ceroc Passion all nighter at Rugby and had an excellent evening.

Nearly made it all the way giving up the ghost at 5:15 after the very welcome provided breakfast.

I enjoyed the music most of the night which is no mean achievement, and more of an observation than a criticism was that at round 2 to 3am it was like there were 2 blues rooms, after that the tempo picked up a bit in the main room with some soul and swing tunes which woke me up again.

No ones fault other than my own but I sat down for breakfast and was part way through the gorgeous bacon pizza when Mark put on one of my favourite tunes ever, which I first asked Mark about when he played it a year or so ago at Berko, I'll Be Around by Joan Osborne, but I just couldn't motivate myself to leave the pizza and dance.

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by marcusj View Post
    I sat down for breakfast and was part way through the gorgeous bacon pizza
    There was bacon pizza?! How did I miss that? (Or perhaps it was because I chose to dance until the main queue had gone through and there was none left?)

It was a very good night though. I think it will be even better in July when we'll be able to dance until after dawn.
    Love dance, will travel

Had an absolutely fantastic evening at Heaven and Hell. This is now my fourth time of attending this event and I have enjoyed all of them. In fact it has become my favourite dance night of the year. The high standard of attention to detail creating 2 different atmospheres does not go unnoticed to the Utopia team. What makes it even better is the way that everyone joins in and makes an effort in their costumes. I think I’ve actually gone about as bad as I can go with mine and may have to think about being an angel next year (na don’t be daft!)

The only down side was having to miss Marc and Rachel’s all nighter. Will definitely be there for the July one.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    There was bacon pizza?! How did I miss that? (Or perhaps it was because I chose to dance until the main queue had gone through and there was none left?)

It was a very good night though. I think it will be even better in July when we'll be able to dance until after dawn.
    Mark was only part way through his announcement about breakfast and my girlfriend and I were through the door in a flash, it was the fastest I'd moved all night !

An amazing night at Red Hot & Blue in Edinburgh last night - back after a hiatus of over a year, in a fabulous new venue.

The music from Dance Demon was great, and it was busy, almost verging on overcrowded, from fairly early on. There was a lovely chillout area next door with lots of drinks and nibbles provided. Just a couple of (minor) cons: finding parking wasn't the easiest, although this tends to be a common problem in Edinburgh. The floor was good at the start of the night, but became progressively stickier as the night went on, I suspect because of the humidity. But these are small gripes set against the rest of the night. It was great to see so many people attending and enjoying themselves, and I had some wonderful dances with people I don't see very often.

Big kudos to Dance Demon and Mrs Dance Demon for their attention to detail, and for hosting such a brilliant night. Looking forward to the next one!

Braved the blues room at Lush and had two utterly wonderful dances there - one lady I hadn't danced with before, and one that I've never dared ask before. Both were a joy to dance with

Lush as a whole was excellent fun, nice relaxed pace through the day, was almost a surprise when my friend said it was getting late and we needed to go - my sore legs were the only hint that it was indeed late, there was just no shortage of good music, company, dances, food..

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    An amazing night at Red Hot & Blue in Edinburgh last night - back after a hiatus of over a year, in a fabulous new venue.

The music from Dance Demon was great, and it was busy, almost verging on overcrowded, from fairly early on. There was a lovely chillout area next door with lots of drinks and nibbles provided. Just a couple of (minor) cons: finding parking wasn't the easiest, although this tends to be a common problem in Edinburgh. The floor was good at the start of the night, but became progressively stickier as the night went on, I suspect because of the humidity. But these are small gripes set against the rest of the night. It was great to see so many people attending and enjoying themselves, and I had some wonderful dances with people I don't see very often.

Big kudos to Dance Demon and Mrs Dance Demon for their attention to detail, and for hosting such a brilliant night. Looking forward to the next one!
    a brilliant night!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post

Thanks Firefly..was great to be back, and glad you liked the venue. The floor problem was indeed due to the humidity, but I've been told that the air con should be fixed for the next one on 11th May, so fingers crossed. Will have loads of fans just in case.
    Was good to see a lot of people that I've not seen in ages, at any event, and so good to see so many fab dancers too

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon View Post
    Was good to see a lot of people that I've not seen in ages, at any event, and so good to see so many fab dancers too
    You did appear to pull them out of the woodwork John. It was a great night and wonderful to see so many good dancers in the one packed venue. I agree with Firefly’s observation regarding the floor but we still had a ball and are already looking forward to the next one.

CurlyWurlySunday - fabulous!! Dave is a legend on the decks. Well worth the trip Up or Down depending on your locale. I can't recommend it highly enough. Another monthly freestyle not to be missed.

Thread Information