View Poll Results: Are you going to the BFG 2007 - BLAZE II in October?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, keep this fire burning, count me in!

44 63.77%
  • No, but wish I could...

18 26.09%
  • Still thinking about it.

7 10.14%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: B.f.g. 2007 - Blaze II: 26th - 29th October -Ceroc Scotland's 15th Anniversary!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: B.f.g. 2007 - Blaze II: 26th - 29th October -Ceroc Scotland's 15th Anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Keefy View Post
    Oh well, they're obviously keeping it to themselves to try and keep us southerners away
    Apologies, I was that close to activating it, but hit a technical snag, so had to postpone to this week... I'll let you all know when the booking system is active here.

Having had a chance to sort all the re-booking at the first Blaze, I can tell you that the 2 bedroom Gold caravans are already sold-out... So make sure that you get your booking in early when available.

I have also added a premium 'Single & Sharing' option for anyone booking by themselves, you share with only one other dancer (same sex) in a Silver Appartment; the budget single-sharing option is for 3 people in a 3-bedroom budget caravan...
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Blog Entries

Re: B.f.g. 2007 - Blaze II: 26th - 29th October -Ceroc Scotland's 15th Anniversary!

Online booking is now active and working, so get booking!

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    Apologies, I was that close to activating it, but hit a technical snag, so had to postpone to this week... I'll let you all know when the booking system is active here.

Having had a chance to sort all the re-booking at the first Blaze, I can tell you that the 2 bedroom Gold caravans are already sold-out... So make sure that you get your booking in early when available.

I have also added a premium 'Single & Sharing' option for anyone booking by themselves, you share with only one other dancer (same sex) in a Silver Appartment; the budget single-sharing option is for 3 people in a 3-bedroom budget caravan...
    Franck.

Franck mon chéri, unless my computer suffers from some particular bug, this links to Blaze I booking system...
    not that I am in a hurry to book or anything...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    Franck mon chéri, unless my computer suffers from some particular bug, this links to Blaze I booking system...
    not that I am in a hurry to book or anything...
    Not a bug ma chérie, but you might have to clear your cache or force refresh the page, as I've just checked the link and it's working!
    Franck.

Not a bug ma chérie, but you might have to clear your cache or force refresh the page, as I've just checked the link and it's working!
    ooops... yes I've just done that and it's working now

The Dashing Moderator

The booking might be working, but the main Blaze site doesn't seem to be. And (having not been to Blaze I) I've no idea what the different levels of accomodation are, or when and whether I'd need to book the half-board option.

I went to Ceroc.com/escape, and there seems to be a link to Blaze II there, but I get an error when I click on it. I get the same error in Firefox or Internet Explorer.

A page then displays, but it has no menu or links at the top of the page so I don't know how or where to find out about the accomodation options.
    Love dance, will travel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    The booking might be working, but the main Blaze site doesn't seem to be.
    My apologies, it seems I had added an error when uploading the new index file.

The BLAZE II pages should now be accessible with full navigation.
    Franck.

purplehyacinth

The BLAZE II pages should now be accessible with full navigation.

Although there are still some details on them relating to Blaze1 (prices page in particular still has the deadlines for Blaze1 - even after I clicked refresh).

Quote Originally Posted by purpleheather View Post
    Although there are still some details on them relating to Blaze1 ...

For instance, clicking the "Home" link on any page will take you to the Blaze I home page...

But I'm sure all this stuff will be sorted out in the goodness of time.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

The Dashing Moderator

Although there are still some details on them relating to Blaze1
    For instance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze website
    Scotland in May is at its most beautiful
    .. so by October it will presumably be somewhat less beautiful.
    Love dance, will travel

What's going on now??? The link at the top of the forum says 'available', it was earlier - now every category of accommodation is showing as 'Deleted'.

What's the chance of being able to book this evening?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keefy View Post
    What's going on now??? The link at the top of the forum says 'available', it was earlier - now every category of accommodation is showing as 'Deleted'.

What's the chance of being able to book this evening?
    The booking system is now back online, ready for your booking

As for the BLAZE II website, I have a few pages and details to fix, so happy to get feedback as you all notice them (a quick PM or email) and will sort it out over the next few days. I wanted to have the booking system open as soon as possible as I know many of you are anxious to get your place.

Thank you all for your patience!
    Franck.

The booking system is now back online, ready for your booking
    OK, OK - money where mouth is time and I've actually gone and booked it Not quite sure what I've let myself in for here but looking forward to it already... I think...

we're booked

purplehyacinth

Ditto
    Last edited by purplehyacinth; 30th-May-2007 at 05:54 PM.

Blog Entries

And me!

(Don't think I've ever booked a dance event this far in advance before! I wanna go NOW! )

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyWeeStar View Post
    I wanna go NOW!
    !!!!!

The Dashing Moderator

Although there are still some details on them relating to Blaze1 (prices page in particular still has the deadlines for Blaze1 - even after I clicked refresh).
    The Blaze website still has the "Early Bird" etc deadlines shown as they were for Blaze I
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze website
    'Early Bird'
    (2nd June – 6th September 2006)
    Prices from £59

'Slo Bird'
    (7th September 06 - 7th March 2007)
    Prices from £79

'Dodo Bird'
    (8th March – 10th May 2007)
    Prices from £99
    But the "Share with a stranger" options on the booking site itself say things like :"Budget Special -Sharing with 2 other dancers (Occupancy 3 @ 79 each) Y3 ONE Male Available" but the total cost is shown as 89.00. So what happened - has one of the "Early Bird" deadlines passed already? (And if so, where was it shown?)

It does seem a lot pricier "entry level" than most of the other Ceroc weekenders (ie except Swish). Is this because it's smaller, or did all the "cheap" places go to people who went to Blaze I?
    Love dance, will travel

Ceroc DJ

It's a few months down the line, but much like Southport, I see Blaze as part of the spiritual evolution of the Modern Jive scene.

Scotland rocks. Had it not been for our last Beach Ballroom, my life would have taken a different path. I loved Sheena's Saturday night set. To top it all, Dance Demon's Sunday set was sublime. You proved that Dj'ing for a Modern Jive crowd can be an artistic expression of the soul.

It felt that we were able to pay back on those positive vibes by putting our all into Blaze 1. The only regret is the flooring in the Blues room. We had bought the talc on Friday but sheer exhaustion meant you guys had to suffer with a sticky floor. It won't happen again. Sorry.

It's a real pleasure to have some input into this weekender. The only reason I'm online at this unearthly hour is that I'm waiting to bid for lights on Ebay specifically for this event. Must confess that it's so tempting to buy some lasers and a smoke machine. Wandering if anyone remembers that time at Jango where we relocated to that nightclub with the fancy lights. I couldn't help but keep pushing the smoke release button and almost suffocating everyone in sight .

Perhaps we could adopt a little more from club culture. Instead of horns and whistles, we could have Kenny G style saxophones around our necks.

So Franck, all we need to do is move the box stage to the Blues room, import a stage for the main room, bring in some extra flooring, hire a van, borrow some powered speakers and a couple of lights, clear out the back room for the daytime freestyle and persuade Rachel to cook me dinner once in a while and we have ourselves a date.

I don't expect all of my prayers to be answered. It does feel that we are heading in the right direction though . All it needs is for her to boil the kettle first, then that Pot Noodle will be just dandy .

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Forster View Post
    great enthusiastic stuff from Marc: .
    So glad I've booked our return mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Thread Information