View Poll Results: Are you going to the BFG 2007 - BLAZE II in October?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, keep this fire burning, count me in!

44 63.77%
  • No, but wish I could...

18 26.09%
  • Still thinking about it.

7 10.14%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: B.f.g. 2007 - Blaze II: 26th - 29th October -Ceroc Scotland's 15th Anniversary!

Re: B.f.g. 2007 - Blaze II: October.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    We'll be taking bookings for Blaze II at Blaze I

Sorry , that's a little off IMHO. I didn't book early enough for Blaze I to get cheap tickets, Twirly and I decided to go instead (hopefully) to Blaze II and the BFG. However, if everyone (or a large number thereof) who is at Blaze I is going to be jumping the queue for Blaze II tickets doesn't it just mean that all the cheaper tickets are going to be gone before the website opens??

doesn't it just boil down to one price for the "regulars" and another for the other ordinary mugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post

Sorry , that's a little off IMHO. I didn't book early enough for Blaze I to get cheap tickets, Twirly and I decided to go instead (hopefully) to Blaze II and the BFG. However, if everyone (or a large number thereof) who is at Blaze I is going to be jumping the queue for Blaze II tickets doesn't it just mean that all the cheaper tickets are going to be gone before the website opens??

doesn't it just boil down to one price for the "regulars" and another for the other ordinary mugs?
    just get organised and get someone who is at blaze 1 to include you in their booking for blaze 2

The Forum Legend

Sorry Beo....

But I disagree. It's not unheard of for companies to reward existing customers by offering them first bite of the cherry at promotions etc.

There's nothing stopping you speaking nicely to someone who is going of course, and arranging for them to try to get you a cheaper place for Blaze II.

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    However, if everyone (or a large number thereof) who is at Blaze I is going to be jumping the queue for Blaze II tickets doesn't it just mean that all the cheaper tickets are going to be gone before the website opens??
    That is not the case. When the online booking opens, Early Bird Prices will be available (until August) at very good value.

I decided however to reward everyone who supported the first Blaze week-ender by offering them the chance to pay a deposit (to guarantee their place) as well as a further 'onsite' discount. This to me is very important, as without everyone who booked for our first ever week-ender, there wouldn't have been one and I am grateful that so many people are coming to Ayr this week-end.

It's not too late for you to come to Blaze (as I noticed Johnthehappyguy was selling male ticket for £29.00) and a few people are coming down from Aberdeen!
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    That is not the case. When the online booking opens, Early Bird Prices will be available (until August) at very good value.
    I agree with Trampy - having a discount for existing customers isn't unusual - for instance if you go to Southport you can get a discount on the next one.

But as one who can't go to Blaze (due to other commitments) I think I share Beo's worry that the cheap tickets will sell out - for instance I noticed the £29 female SWAS tickets at Bliss seemed to have sold out before the Bliss website was even publicly linked from anywhere else.
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    I agree with Trampy - having a discount for existing customers isn't unusual - for instance if you go to Southport you can get a discount on the next one.
    Rewarding existing customers is good. As long as it isn't announced at a class the next week 'hurry up, almost half the tickets are sold, book now' when regular booking isn't actually open yet. But of course that could never happen...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    But as one who can't go to Blaze (due to other commitments) I think I share Beo's worry that the cheap tickets will sell out - for instance I noticed the £29 female SWAS tickets at Bliss seemed to have sold out before the Bliss website was even publicly linked from anywhere else.
    It is starting feel a bit like you have to be 'in the know' to hear about the cheap tickets before they are all gone. I've been quick enough to get them in the past because I knew exactly what day bookings were opening as it was clearly stated on the website and checked the site regularly on that day. Does that still happen?

purplehyacinth

I'm afraid I agree with the tone of Beo's post. When I first heard about Blaze I was a newbie and didn't feel confident enough to go to a weekender. By the time I had danced enough to feel confident enough, and feel that I knew enough people that I wouldn't have to spend the weekend sitting in the corner as a norma-no-mates and was at the point of considering it seriously, work commitments either side of the weekend (and now during the weekend also) meant that it was no longer practical in terms of geography and logistics. However, I do want to go to Blaze II.

While I appreciate Franck's point about rewarding the loyalty of those who went to Blaze 1 and helped get the "Scottish Weekender" concept off the ground, it would be nice to be reassured that there will be a sufficient number of cheap and reasonably-priced tickets for those who for whatever reason were unable to go to Blaze 1 but nevertheless are sufficiently committed to want to support Blaze II, and that they won't all be sold out by the end of this weekend to people who were fortunate enough to be able to go to Blaze 1 - especially for the ladies, who always seem to have to be the people going around begging to find men to book with when the "gender balancing" means that they can't book independently.

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

What she said!! Bang on the Nail Purpleheather... exactly what I felt myself..

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purpleheather View Post
    While I appreciate Franck's point about rewarding the loyalty of those who went to Blaze 1 and helped get the "Scottish Weekender" concept off the ground, it would be nice to be reassured that there will be a sufficient number of cheap and reasonably-priced tickets for those who for whatever reason were unable to go to Blaze 1 but nevertheless are sufficiently committed to want to support Blaze II, and that they won't all be sold out by the end of this weekend to people who were fortunate enough to be able to go to Blaze 1 - especially for the ladies, who always seem to have to be the people going around begging to find men to book with when the "gender balancing" means that they can't book independently.
    The number of early bird tickets is not set but the date you can purchase them in is. So as long as you book before august you should be fine.

Not to start a rucuss but when other weekend events do this for the people at their weekenders, no one kicks up a fuss!

about gender balancing well..... see Here
    here
    here
    here
    and here

personally i would rather attend a gender balanced event so i have a chance to get a dance rather that fighting over the few men that are there.

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    The number of early bird tickets is not set but the date you can purchase them in is. So as long as you book before august you should be fine.
    Is that different from the other Ceroc weekenders then? The £29 SWAS tickets usually sell in a few minutes! (The female ones at least!)

Not to start a rucuss but when other weekend events do this for the people at their weekenders, no one kicks up a fuss!
    There is a difference between discount being offered to customers who are on the weekend and not allowing those who aren't on the weekender to book until after the event has already been partly sold.

If you're talking about the likes of Southport, then yes, if you booked for June at the Feb weekender you could get a discount, but you could also book for the June weekender well before that - ie the discount applies to those who are existing customers who are already on weekenders but the booking is open to everyone at the same time. So people who couldn't book for June for whatever reason eg all the ladies places were sold, could go ahead and book for September months ago - I think that's what people who weren't able to go to Blaze I want to do for Blaze II.

personally i would rather attend a gender balanced event so i have a chance to get a dance rather that fighting over the few men that are there.
    Definitely - but I don't think gender balancing is the issue here as such - more I think a few ladies are a bit concerned that they won't be able to book on their own, or in a group of females when the booking opens after Blaze I. I'm sure that won't be the case though, as plenty of men will also be booking again at Blaze I.

purplehyacinth

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    There is a difference between discount being offered to customers who are on the weekend and not allowing those who aren't on the weekender to book until after the event has already been partly sold.
    Yup!

If you're talking about the likes of Southport, then yes, if you booked for June at the Feb weekender you could get a discount, but you could also book for the June weekender well before that - ie the discount applies to those who are existing customers who are already on weekenders but the booking is open to everyone at the same time. So people who couldn't book for June for whatever reason eg all the ladies places were sold, could go ahead and book for September months ago - I think that's what people who weren't able to go to Blaze I want to do for Blaze II.
    Too right! That is exactly what we're wanting to do. I've been sitting watching the internet for weeks waiting for BlazeII booking to open.

{snip}..... more I think a few ladies are a bit concerned that they won't be able to book on their own, or in a group of females when the booking opens after Blaze I.
    Again, you have hit the nail exactly on the head. That is the precise concern.

Re: B.f.g. 2007 - Blaze II: 26th - 29th October.

Bring it on!!!

So who is going?

I intend going but I've come across a minor technical hitch - I can get there but I can't (yet) get back The weekend sits right on the break between the Eire O'Flot (aka Ryanair) summer and winter schedule, there's flights on the web up until the Saturday to PIK but I can't get home again! The winter schedule is normally published late June IIRC, failing that it's going to be a long walk with already sore feet

So who is going?
    I am not going

I though I was.. then looked at it objectively. With my significant-other going to another weekender close to that one, and me being financially crippled at the moment (as well as being ,currently, physically crippled.. I really ought to make an appointment with the physio ) I've decided against this one .. this time.

besides.. its October... in Scotland.. near the shore !! do the words 'brass' and 'monkey' conjure up any images?

I may get to my first weekender in the new year..

I am going to breeze and am getting sorted to book for blaze II and they are only 2 weeks apart! Woohoo!

Bring it on!!!

So who is going?
    Me!!! Me!!! Me!!! Me!!!

Talking Re: B.f.g. 2007 - Blaze II: 26th - 29th October.

Bring it on!!!

So who is going?

I and my room signed up on Sunday, blaze was fantastic amounts of fun. Shame i missed your class. The routine looks fun on the dvd.

Promise to smile next dance. Once i find the courage to ask..

I've got a few months to learn how to dance blues properly. Wheres a workshop when you need one.

Roll on Blaze 2...............

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzle View Post
    Shame i missed your class. The routine looks fun on the dvd.

Promise to smile next dance. Once i find the courage to ask..

Roll on Blaze 2...............
    It was fun to teach

You asked me twice already no courage needed now!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Bring it on!!!

So who is going?
    Me and Breeze, it's going to be a fab October!
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Smile Re: B.f.g. 2007 - Blaze II: 26th - 29th October.

It was fun to teach

You asked me twice already no courage needed now!
    Courage is always needed when the dancer is infinately better than you. though beer can help to.

Just have to balance between the the two.

So when do we know whos going to be teaching?

Thread Information