Thread: New for 2007: the iDance

New for 2007: the iDance

Rumours are hitting the news wires about a new device for 2007 called the iDance.

The iDance is a slimline and sleek looking multi-function 'dance enhancer' for all Cerocers. Firstly, you can point it discretely at a potential partner from a distance of up to 10m with the built in laser senser - this will then assess the partner for skill level and the likelihood of saying 'Yes' when asked to dance (using the standard equation from the Ceroc Response to Asking Partner Institute) and show the result on screen.

During a dance, the iDance will 'listen' to the music and provide guidance to the dancer via a tiny remote earpiece, using 'Gold Tooth' technology. This will include a human like voice with suggested moves, and an appropriate time delay - for example "a break is coming in 25 seconds - prepare for a Double Spangle Manhattan Whirly Cuddle followed by a First Move Seducer with extra bits on the side".

The iDance can be programmed for different levels of difficulty: beginner, improver, intermediate, champion and no-hoper.

It is expected to be delivered in Q2 and will be initially in a standard orange/black colour at a price of around £150 with rentals available for weekends at discount rates for 'early birds'.

One of the initial adopters of the iDance (Ms. Fletch) commented "it really does enhance things for me" although, it was not certain what exactly she was referring to.

Re: New for 2007: the iDance

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    During a dance, the iDance will 'listen' to the music and provide guidance to the dancer via a tiny remote earpiece, using 'Gold Tooth' technology. This will include a human like voice with suggested moves, and an appropriate time delay - for example "a break is coming in 25 seconds - prepare for a Double Spangle Manhattan Whirly Cuddle followed by a First Move Seducer with extra bits on the side".

One of the initial adopters of the iDance (Ms. Fletch) commented "it really does enhance things for me" although, it was not certain what exactly she was referring to.

cheeky moo

I just hate it when the person you are dancing with say can you do the 'Double Spangle Manhattan Whirly Cuddle' just do it, we will soon know I don't know the name of any of the moves

even worse......just thought........ooo you didn't get that move .....shall we try again...'sarcy tone'

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the initial adopters of the iDance
    Surely our Franck was one of the original prototype testers?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    even worse......just thought........ooo you didn't get that move .....shall we try again...'sarcy tone'
    Does it have a spell check?

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Surely our Franck was one of the original prototype testers?
    Oh no! My secret is out
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    Oh no! My secret is out
    Only one, Franck?

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    cheeky moo

I just hate it when the person you are dancing with say can you do the 'Double Spangle Manhattan Whirly Cuddle' just do it, we will soon know I don't know the name of any of the moves

Yes! I tried a dance class out of town on Monday night, taking my sister, who has never tried modern jive before. In the lesson, one of the female leaders told me my first move was wrong and attempted to instruct me (in a very jerky, bouncy, Germanic way) on how it should really be done.

In the freestyle before the intermediate class, a guy asked me to dance who kept 'directing' me with words. When he eventually asked if I could do the "whirlygig-flying-dutchman crossover whiplash', I was very, very close to asking if he was able to lead it silently. Oh, and all of the above was done to really up to date music such as Michael Jackson (no, I don't know the track - aren't they all the same?) and Kylie's "Spinning Around".

After that, my sister and I ran away & bought a bottle of bubbly and shopped for shoes on-line ... improved the evening no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    Yes! I tried a dance class out of town on Monday night, taking my sister, who has never tried modern jive before. In the lesson, one of the female leaders told me my first move was wrong and attempted to instruct me (in a very jerky, bouncy, Germanic way) on how it should really be done.

In the freestyle before the intermediate class, a guy asked me to dance who kept 'directing' me with words. When he eventually asked if I could do the "whirlygig-flying-dutchman crossover whiplash', I was very, very close to asking if he was able to lead it silently. Oh, and all of the above was done to really up to date music such as Michael Jackson (no, I don't know the track - aren't they all the same?) and Kylie's "Spinning Around".

After that, my sister and I ran away & bought a bottle of bubbly and shopped for shoes on-line ... improved the evening no end.
    Well, I hope you got some nice shoes 'cos otherwise the evening sounds a bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Well, I hope you got some nice shoes 'cos otherwise the evening sounds a bust!
    Absolutely! They are dull gold. The bubbly was nice too

Rumours are hitting the news wires about a new device for 2007 called the iDance.

During a dance, the iDance will... provide guidance to the dancer via a tiny remote earpiece, using 'Gold Tooth' technology. This will include a human like voice with suggested moves, and an appropriate time delay.

The iDance can be programmed for different levels of difficulty: beginner, improver, intermediate, champion and no-hoper.
    I'm hoping that the voice can be changed, and that its not going to be Tomtom's annoying voice. Afterall on the dance floor what you need in encouragement in a friendly tone. I can only imagine what it could be like...

"At the pause turn the lady out to the left... the LEFT... THE OTHER LEFT, never mind - you've missed the pause anyway. "
    "Continue with the beginner moves until the tempo decreases, as thats all you'll manage to do in time with the music"
    "The change of tempo is approaching"
    "At the tempo change perform a Double Twisted Highland Swizzel with a Colomibian style footwork, then prepare for a Double Spangle Manhattan Whirly Cuddle followed by a First Move Seducer with extra bits on the side, straight into the Swan, which is lead into the Bouncy Fletch, flick spin the lady out, and catch with the right hand... the RIGHT hand... THE OTHER RIGHT HAND... or the left hand!!"
    "As the tempo increases, return to your beginner moves."
    "Track will end in approximately 20 seconds, prepare for a seducer... well a lean then... ok finish on a double spin... or halfway through the Pretsal - good job!!"
    "Please adjust the setting to No-Hoper before your next dance"

Ooooh, - sounds great where do i get one from??

Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    I'm hoping that the voice can be changed, and that its not going to be Tomtom's annoying voice. Afterall on the dance floor what you need in encouragement in a friendly tone. I can only imagine what it could be like...

Ooooh, - sounds great where do i get one from??
    I think Fletch is keeping a prototype wedged between her 'bouncy bits' - which is open to the highest bidder.

Yes! I tried a dance class out of town on Monday night,

Sorry I missed you

The evening did improve once the intermediates started

In the freestyle before the intermediate class, a guy asked me to dance who kept 'directing' me with words. When he eventually asked if I could do the "whirlygig-flying-dutchman crossover whiplash', I was very, very close to asking if he was able to lead it silently.
    I know that Guy, I call him 'Blue Peter Man' - at one point, I expected him to bring out some sticky back plastic, washing up bottles and string and turn them all into a car!

Elaine

Thread Information