Thread: Useless Christmas Pressies

Useless Christmas Pressies

Anyone got any ????

I got the M & S Natasha & Brendon DVD - haven't played it yet, but it came with a pair of long black evening gloves - wow - I thought - but the fingers are so short they would only be suitable for a 10 year old !!!! Hope the DVD doesn't disappoint me too

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Re: Useless Christmas Pressies

My mum knitted me a scarf, which i thought would come in handy, but she has put a hole in it so you can thread it through....all modern, like, but put the hole too far up and the scarf strangles me.

I'm sure some of you would like to + rep my mum. Just send it to me and I will pass it on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    My mum knitted me a scarf, , but she has put a hole in it so you can thread it through....but put the hole too far up and the scarf strangles me.

:
    read between the lines Sis

My great grandma bless her she is 91 (yep i have a great grandma), gave me a food hamper !!! nice of her i thought untill realising the tins looked like they had sat on the shelve for years. On closer inspection of the sell by date - 1985. Totaly useless, they are probably worth something now, have to watch Bargain Hunt and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    My great grandma bless her she is 91 (yep i have a great grandma), gave me a food hamper !!! nice of her i thought untill realising the tins looked like they had sat on the shelve for years. On closer inspection of the sell by date - 1985. Totaly useless, they are probably worth something now, have to watch Bargain Hunt and see.
    What is it with old people and food? i suppose if you have experienced rationing, you will eat anything. My mum gave my son some orange juice from her fridge that was 6 months out of date...! He is still alive....just.

What is it with old people and food? i suppose if you have experienced rationing, you will eat anything. My mum gave my son some orange juice from her fridge that was 6 months out of date...! He is still alive....just.

But the tins are nearly older than me. To make it worst for my manners i had to lie and thank her as the salmon was lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    But the tins are nearly older than me. To make it worst for my manners i had to lie and thank her as the salmon was lovely.
    Perhaps your nan and my mum have got together and have planned to murder us both with food that has a layer of penicillin on top of it and a scarf that would have given saddams noose a run for it's money

Blog Entries

Perhaps your nan and my mum have got together and have planned to murder us both with food that has a layer of penicillin on top of it and a scarf that would have given saddams noose a run for it's money
    and we didn't have to try very hard to talk her into it either.

Well my Sister gave me a Bottle of Jack Daniels, as she did last year and for last years birthday.

My Mum and Dad also gave me a couple of miniture jack daniels as they too have done in previous occaisions.

I'm sure some of you are thinking that many many bottles of JD is a wonderful present. I'm sure it is.. to someone who drinks!

I'm convinced my family is shocked at the idea of a Scotsman that doesn't drink and are trying to convert me back. They also know I don't like kilts so naturally I'm waiting for one of those some year

An Eclectic Toaster

I got many useful things - malt whisky, a book on malt whisky, a subscription to Whisky magazine - however I also got the scripts to Series 3 of Little Britain (which in true Friends fashion, should be known as The One Which Isn't Funny). There was also one of these, which has unfortunately grown on me and since it's a tiny bit practical, I'll keep him. It. I meant it, honest.

My girlfriend came up with the bright idea of a Useless Pressies Party, where you bring along an unwanted gift and ask other folk to bid for it, and the resulting money goes to charidee.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart M View Post
    I got many useful things - malt whisky, a book on malt whisky, a subscription to Whisky magazine -
    sounds like you should talk to Beo about his useless presents (and yes I know the difference between JD and scotch)

Juju

I thought Christmas presents were supposed to be useless. (When people ask me what I want I usually reply "something purple". Easily pleased.)

Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    (When people ask me what I want I usually reply "something purple". Easily pleased.)

... ` '--' .... '.......*........'

No, I mustn't...
    Last edited by Barry Shnikov; 5th-January-2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: meant to click Review button instead...

Arrrgg - Candles - Arg Bane of my Life.

Secret Santa provided me with my (beautiful but very NOT me ) candle this year - Still I can forgive them - I have changed department so thay don't all know my tastes.

My Aunt usually gets me horiffic presents - this time she got me food. 1 fewer return item this year then

My tastes are (broad categories only)

Music; Books; Dance stuff; DVDs; Jewellry; Edible presents (Chocaholic Ahoy)

These ideas should be in gift token format, cheque, or be run past me so that I can provide you with an "Already Got" List

Problem Solved (for me anyway)

Whitetiger

My mother in law and my sister in law always buy me bubble bath/bath salts gift boxes and hand cream. I am not a bath person, I'd much rather have a shower, and I use very little hand cream.

I wouldn't mind if they gave me shower gels and face creams, but they never do.

secret santa gave me a vibrating cushion! not a completely useless present but a little bizarre, what can he have been thinking

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    ... ` '--' .... '.......*........'

No, I mustn't...
    Oh, do.

Tonbridge, Kent, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe.

My brother posted me a copy of Colemanballs #13.

It gets to something when your own brother doesn't even realise you almost never read books.

Flogged it on Amazon by New Years Eve.

My lovely gran gave me a pair of hand knitted slippers that can only be described as suitable for pixies as the toe bit curls upwards! Very uncomfortable.

Unfortunately she forgot she'd already given me an identical pair last year also.

Oh well, guess they would do as floor dusters.

Glasgow, im my lovely little flat that I share with Ali! Photos of it on my bebo. Like Glasgow except the rain LOL

allmine are on ebay

Thread Information