View Poll Results: First weekend of 2007 ... I'll be dancing in London or SE at:

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday 5th - Hipsters - Ealing Town Hall

17 60.71%
  • Friday 5th - Ginger Jive "Back 2 Skool" - Newbury

0 0%
  • Friday 5th - Cheshunt.

0 0%
  • Saturday 6th - Ceroc TV - Twyford, Reading

14 50.00%
  • Saturday 6th - Bookham

2 7.14%
  • Can't even think about dancing 'cos NYE was sooooo wild!

2 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First weekend of 2007 - 5th/6th/7th - London & SE

Re: First weekend of 2007 - 5th/6th/7th - London & SE

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post

Don't say that - I'm desperate for somewhere to go on Saturday & can't find anywhere I fancy. (Really wanted to try Bookham for the first time, but it's fully booked ... )

Have a great time at Bromsgrove, though, Fletch. See you soon!
    R. xx

I did notice you were thinking of going to Wythall if I could have got a sitter i would have gone there, I think BARMPOT will go to Wythall

see you soon Rachel

xxxxx

Twyford for me - nice and close to home

All being well, should be:

Fri: Cheshunt
    Sat:Watford
    Sun: Berko

Making a nice 5 nights out of 7 in the 1st week of 2007.

How do I recognise fourmites or forurmettes and the odd forumista at Cheshunt?

I seem to remember so famous ones go there........?

Warning everyone going to Hipsters tonight - apparently there is going to be a BBC film crew there!!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I shall wear my finest black T-shirt.

You can usually tell who knows this in advance, they're the ones who glam up

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    Warning everyone going to Hipsters tonight - apparently there is going to be a BBC film crew there!!
    Quite inobtrusive a single camera man with a hand held wandering around the dance floor taking shots from all angles, looked like lots of shots of feet and footwork ... apart from that I hardly noticed him.

Lucky for Cruella he was looking the other way whislt we danced eh!!

Hmm some people glam up ... some deliberately don't ... then find themselves managing to flash their bra every 5 mins ... oops! Think I escaped the camera - wouldn't have been a good night to make my TV debut!!

Was quite a good night, but it was a lot more crowded than previous months (ooo wonder why that was?!). Had some terrible rip your arm off dances .. which put me in such a bad mood!!

Had a few lovely dances though ... glass half full, glass half full ...

Excellent night last night at Bookham, nice to see a few forumites there too.

2 rooms with John Miller and our very own Andy Mc on the decks...

plenty of room in the swing and blues room though why anyone would want to play Zoot Suit Riot whistle:

and a pleasant surprise the price of drinks a 2 litre bottle of Evian water 75 pence.... result!!!! ... I bought 2.

NOW who is going to BERKO tonight ??? Mrs Par and I may well be up that way!

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    Quite inobtrusive a single camera man with a hand held wandering around the dance floor taking shots from all angles, looked like lots of shots of feet and footwork ... apart from that I hardly noticed him.

Lucky for Cruella he was looking the other way whislt we danced eh!!
    But I got a starring role later in the evening. Franco asked if i would partner him during his interview. Autographs will be given to all those that ask nicely.
    I had a fantastic night, one of my best ever at Hipsters. Jons music was much more to my taste than it had been lately. I don't think it was as busy as it has been in the past, I didn't seem to get bashed like I normally do. Although I was part of a duel between 2 great men fighting over the same space. They spent the whole track having a dance off, which was fun (far better than getting stroppy with each other)
    It always amazes me, how we can be at the same venue but have such different opinions of the night.

Hipsters: I watched on as all my favourite men danced with everyone else apart from me (with the exception of one or two including under par - thank you!!!) ... and graciously put up with having my arms ripped from their sockets by the others.

Twyford: Some fantastic dances and most of my best dancing friends were there ... so brilliant all round. Ended the evening with a big grin on my face

Yipee for Twyford!

SuzyQ

I had a fantastic night at Hipsters! Was dancing all evening and only had one very strange dance with one guy!!!!

It was great to see so many familiar faces in one place!

Thanx for all my dances people!

Oh and I got home to Aberdeen safe and sound!

Commercial Operator

though why anyone would want to play Zoot Suit Riot whistle:
    I was just following the brief, I was told it was a swing and blues room and to play some tracks for the Lindy Hoppers and Balboa dancers - I've never played Zoot Suit Riot before and hadn't even listened to my version all the way through! Luckily it worked :phew: Also, I did get on the microphone and ask if anyone wanted me to play it - quite a few people shouted "YES". In my defence, I was asked to step do this gig on Thursday night so I didn't get much time to prepare for the Lindy Hoppers, etc. Of course, playing swing and blues for MJers is easy - I just play the music I love.

However, I did notice that UP stayed in my room most of the night - you couldn't miss him This does illustrate that well known phenomenon of playing a great set with one track somebody doesn't like. What do they mention first, the one track they didn't like

To be fair, I also played Safronia B and a few other mental tracks

plenty of room in the swing and blues room though why anyone would want to play Zoot Suit Riot whistle:
    Drathzel played it as the bonus track last night after the lights had gone up and we were the only ones dancing. I just about made it to the end of the track!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I was just following the brief, I was told it was a swing and blues room and to play some tracks for the Lindy Hoppers and Balboa dancers - I've never played Zoot Suit Riot before and hadn't even listened to my version all the way through! Luckily it worked :phew: Also, I did get on the microphone and ask if anyone wanted me to play it - quite a few people shouted "YES". In my defence, I was asked to step do this gig on Thursday night so I didn't get much time to prepare for the Lindy Hoppers, etc. Of course, playing swing and blues for MJers is easy - I just play the music I love.

However, I did notice that UP stayed in my room most of the night - you couldn't miss him This does illustrate that well known phenomenon of playing a great set with one track somebody doesn't like. What do they mention first, the one track they didn't like

To be fair, I also played Safronia B and a few other mental tracks
    I hope you're not getting all defensive on me Andy, I didn't even say you were the culprit

I enjoyed both rooms and only moved out of the Swing and Blues room when fast swing was being played generally.
    I haven't quite got the energy or footwork nor does that genre "do it" for me personally. You and John both played sets that I would travel a distance to hear so

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I had a fantastic night at Hipsters! Was dancing all evening and only had one very strange dance with one guy!!!!
    I hope you're not talking about our "bouncy" dance. That is such hard work. Knowing our luck, that'll be the one they show on the Beeb.

Brilliant to see you again, such a shame you couldn't stay down for Twyford on Saturday. Now that was a GREAT night out.

I guess that means it must be my turn to come and visit you next.

I had a great night at Bookhams as always great DANCE music. I Missed John Ford great DJ I love Swing and blues but Andy was superb and played
    played a great set
    Bookhams is such a friendly venue great to see Under Par there (sorry didnt get chance to wish you happy new year too busy dancing) sorry I missed Zoot Suit riot. a dancers classic personally I prefer a good mix of slow medium and fast music designed for dancing myself. rather than one pace R&B all night

Thread Information