Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was your last party in 2006 worth it.?

Blog Entries

Was your last party in 2006 worth it.?

Well i just got back from an Italian get together, well i say Italian, it was run by Italians, mainly Italians went and it was mainly Italian music, similar to godfather most of the night. Kids also attended. Dave was ill, full of cold, shivers and generally not well. Adam my soon to be five year old was knackered by 11pm and desperate to sleep only he had his eyes on a blue balloon in the net up on the ceiling. I later dived for this to avoid screaming later on, actually threatened a 10 year old with death when he had his hands on it...

Anyway, all in all, a pretty bog standard cr*p night as usual for NYE.. This got me thinking, i dont ever remember having a fantastic night on New years Eve that i thought, christ that was absolutely fantastic.

Do throw some light on where im going wrong.???? Is all the hype of New years Eve actually something that makes the night seem dull when you get to it... or am i just attending some really dull events.

Re: Was your last party in 2006 worth it.?

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Do throw some light on where im going wrong.???? Is all the hype of New years Eve actually something that makes the night seem dull when you get to it... or am i just attending some really dull events.
    I think there is too much hype. I watched the 'Grumpy Old... on NYE' earlier. I could identify with some of it. I had a really miserable NYE on the millenium night , but I've had some fab ones other years and have gone to wide range of events - houseparties, a live concert in the city centre, fireworks, church, a ball, off to a remote Donegal cottage and staying home for a romantic evening in. Not all the same year of course. I think its good to try different things, doing the same thing can get a bit routine.

I've also made some pretty major decisions in the past on NYE, though not in the past few years. So those occasions have an extra significance for me.

But the more expectations you have, the more you will be disappointed. So its best not to build it up to a big thing - its just another evening.

Sorry you didn't have a great night but you can be sure you weren't the only one, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have come home tonight thinking they've somehow missed out on all the fun that everyone else seemed to be having, or thought that maybe they should have done something else.

Go to bed at 11:30pm, that's the solution I reckon.
    Last edited by Lynn; 1st-January-2007 at 04:59 AM.

The Forum Legend

I had a great NYE at Berko.

Best NYE in a while

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    I had a great NYE at Berko.

Best NYE in a while

I had a really great time!

Thank you to Witty for sorting me and Dee out last minute

Happy New Year to you all

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

I had a fab night in Bromley with Turbo Tomato, Paul the Trainer, Whirlwind and some other non-forumites. The best NYE ever for me I think - surrounded by my friends and dancing the night away. Brilliant party atmosphere

I had a brilliant time at Portobello Town Hall - it was well worth the journey from Dundee - music was brilliant - ceilidh dancing after the bells- fab cabaret performances from Lindsays girls , John's singing and the 'Village Gossips' Some brilliant dances from fabulous dancers, I had a great night.
    Despite driving through the atrocious weather conditions, gale force winds, driving rain Forth Road Bridge closed etc I'm sure everyone there would agree it was well worth the effort!

Heather

Commercial Operator

Bedford started off good, some good music, some nice people, some lovely dances, and my dancing skills hadn't deserted me as much as I'd expected, so I didn't pace myself quite so much as I'd intended...

Then around 11:30 the music started ... to go downhill (unlike the volume, which seemed to go up). After midnight hit, it started to make my ears bleed, and when YMCA came on, a decision had to be reached. We endured half an hour, then clawed our way out into the fresh air, and emerged just in time scarred but with our souls intact, pondering the horror of what we'd just witnessed.

Never ever again.

The good (early) bits were good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Low expectations are the key to happiness.

Portobello Hogmany Ball was definately worth it

Despite weather being against everyone and Edinburgh Princess Street Celebrations being closed!
    Everyone made the night what it was, and looked fab!

We saw out 2006 with some fab dancing great entertainment
    With DD and Heather wowing us as usual with a bit of singing
    The Guys being a bit cheekier
    than usual ( mm yes that is possible)
    Well done guy's you were fab

And Lindsay's Girls well what can I say was fab, sexy and fun........
    Don't Cha! all agree
    And saw in 2007 with a bit of Ceildh Dancing to ....

Well done to Lindsay and John, Irene and everyone else who made our last dance of 2006 and first dance of 2007 one to remember.

YES!

I had a fabulous time in Bedford with a couple of real dancing newbies. We all enjoyed it so much. The music at midnight was completely daft but sooooo much fun - exactly what I would expect from Hev/JB/Andy/Tor!

We had indoor fireworks and a balloon drop ... brilliant stuff!! And a goody bag to get you home (choccies, lolly and water)!

Lots of great people to dance with.

My best EVER New Years Eve!

Big well done to all involved in organising it!

NO DEFINITELY NOT - drove for miles to get to Chiswick Town Hall. Arrived after 9 p.m. and was turned away, along with lots of other dancers.

most definately
    After 3 months off dancing, I had a brilliant night at chiswick, some awesome dances , I don't think I even noticed (well, not that much ) the sticky floor or the occasional collision with other dancers (v. busy dancefloor in the blues room)...

Then WCS NYE party in Windsor, what can I say; fab venue, fab dancers, the best NYE I had in years...

It was just so good to be back at dancing ... don't think I had ever appreciated a week-end of dancing that much.

Many thanks to all the people who made my time so enjoyable and gave me so many great dances, and special and to RK and MsFab for putting up with me .

2007 definately started in a blast, can't wait for the rest of the year !

Happy dancing all!!!!

Well...I stayed in, watched Jools Holland and spoke to the people I love at twelve on the phone.

I probably saved myself about £100 and saved myself a night of grabbing and stalking men for a dance.....which is never a good look.

I'm hoping to spend the money I saved next weekend, doing something I like, with someone very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    most definately
    After 3 months off dancing, I had a brilliant night at chiswick, some awesome dances , I don't think I even noticed (well, not that much ) the sticky floor or the occasional collision with other dancers (v. busy dancefloor in the blues room)...

Then WCS NYE party in Windsor, what can I say; fab venue, fab dancers, the best NYE I had in years...

It was just so good to be back at dancing ... don't think I had ever appreciated a week-end of dancing that much.

Many thanks to all the people who made my time so enjoyable and gave me so many great dances, and special and to RK and MsFab for putting up with me .

2007 definately started in a blast, can't wait for the rest of the year !

Happy dancing all!!!!

What a lovely story of a comeback!!

And I nominate Caro for the record number of smilies in one post!

(Oh maybe I just beat it with this..... )

Smile Re: Was your last party in 2006 worth it.?

Well my party wasnt dance related. Still good friends and good fun. Unfortunately my body seems to of developed a resistance to Tequlia still had alot of fun.

So yeah i'd call my last party of 2006 worth it

well all i can say is YES , berko was fantastic great crowd thanks go out to the tramp gordo n sally ian and that other guy who did a great job in the main room . thanks jilly i had a brill nite

My last dance was at Findon Village Hall in Sussex at an event for 70 dancers organised by Andy & Sue Mcgregor.

Due to work commitments ( I had to go in for night shift) I danced locally while my darling wife went to Bedford with Minnie M.

Andy and Sue put on a brilliant event. A sit down meal to start of chinese food brought in from local restaurant... fresh fruit salad and ice creams ..........then fresh coffee, cheese board with liqueurs and single malts and brandy.

Free wine beer and fruit juices all evening lovely champagne to toast New Year.

Wonderful set of music by Andy and the event was gender balanced.

Top night put on by a top couple

I danced my socks (and 6 shirts !) off before a quick dash to a long night at work..

FH and I went with a bunch of my friends to Tiger Tiger in Glasgow. We had good music, good company, good dances and a good time. Couldn't have asked for anything more.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    NO DEFINITELY NOT - drove for miles to get to Chiswick Town Hall. Arrived after 9 p.m. and was turned away, along with lots of other dancers.
    It was a real shame that there were so many people turned away. It was full inside though. Maybe next year they'll make it ticket only.

But once it gets to maximum capacity, there's not a lot else they can do

I had a fab time at the same party as Caro mentioned above. The venue couldn't have been any better - a grand country estate with a big room with a super (and very slidy) floor, enough dancers to give you lots of people to dance with, but not too many to make it crowded, lots of good food, fabulous dancers.......... Absolutely perfect.

Beats last year - I was alone at home, and as far as I remember I went to bed before midnight....

Have had some absolutely awesome Hogmanays (including the millennium one) in various bothys and cottages in the Scottish highlands over the year, and I think they are still top of my list for fab NY parties.

Last night was definitely worth it, though!

Thread Information