Thread: Goodbye to 2006

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Goodbye to 2006

As the year draws to a close and everybody is looking forward expectantly to 2007, I have been remembering somewhat nostalgicly (?sp) the year that was 2006.

Despite not keeping a single New Years resolution, the year for me has definately been one a good one and somewhat of a voyage of self-discovery. I have gained in self-confidence and independence. I have had more ups and downs romantically than a yo-yo but at least it hasn't been boring. I have had to say goodbye to some dear friends during the year but have forged some amazing new friendships along the way.

But most importantly, I have discovered the joy of dance! A year ago I had never heard of Ceroc let alone danced it, and now I can safely say it is what runs through my veins!

I hope that 2006 fulfilled all of your hopes and aspirations, and as I look forward expectantly to the dawn of 2007 I bid Adieu to 2006!
    Last edited by SeriouslyAddicted; 31st-December-2006 at 12:50 AM.

Re: Goodbye to 2006

Goodbye to the best and worst year of my life.

I'd like to say things can only get better, but I'm so cynical these days, I can't even be positive about a new year. I need a hug.

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

I'd like to say things can only get better, but I'm so cynical these days, I can't even be positive about a new year. I need a hug.

Here have lots!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslyAddicted View Post

Here have lots!
    Thanks. I needed that.

Blog Entries

the year for me has definately been one a good one and somewhat of a voyage of self-discovery. I have gained in self-confidence and independence.
    But most importantly, I have discovered the joy of dance! A year ago I had never heard of Ceroc let alone danced it, and now I can safely say it is what runs through my veins!
    Me too. This time last year I was desperately unhappy, bordering on alcoholic, hard as nails ex-squaddie/rugby player who'd never even considered dancing whilst not holding onto the bar.

I'm happier, sober (well, most of the time ), still struggling with romance but it's better than it was before and now I can dance (apparently)!

Here, have some more

As the year draws to a close and everybody is looking forward expectantly to 2007, I have been remembering somewhat nostalgicly (?sp) the year that was 2006.

Despite not keeping a single New Years resolution, the year for me has definately been one a good one and somewhat of a voyage of self-discovery. I have gained in self-confidence and independence. I have had more ups and downs romantically than a yo-yo but at least it hasn't been boring. I have had to say goodbye to some dear friends during the year but have forged some amazing new friendships along the way.

I hope that 2006 fulfilled all of your hopes and aspirations, and as I look forward expectantly to the dawn of 2007 I bid Adieu to 2006!

I need a hug.

Realise I probably shouldn't post whilst drunk as it could get me into all kinds of trouble not to mention spelling mistakes, but your thread SA strikes a chord.

I hate my job and one o fmy New Year's resolutions is to find a new one. I failed on last year's resolution (though succeeded on the 2005 one) so this year has got to be a success. Romantically also it's been a roller coaster and although it went wrong i don't regeret anything. It'd be nice however to have better luck on this front this coming year.

2006 was crap. Here's to a fantastic 2007 for all. Prosperity to all who Ceroc. That's what I say.

Now, p***ed as a fart, I shall retire and contemplate the challegnes of the New Year.

Love and best wishes

WB

From Rubyred xx

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My best dance memories of 2006 were....

24th Feb the London Eye and River Boat Charity dance

3rd March Storm, the first ever ceroc weekender

Ashtons 19th May, was a great night, even though I had a bad leg

Southport 2-5 June, fab weather and superb atmosphere

14th July, The Ivory Ball, Oxford... The perfect setting

30Aug WCS anniversary party and competition

6th Oct Breeze

I wonder what my dance highlights of 2007 will be?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

It's hard, it has been one of the worst years for me also. I had to come back to Australia and try to integrate back into life in a small town after the most amazing experience of my life living in London.

I got stuck in a job that I was not happy in and my health was suffering. There has been no men to speak of and I stopped dancing for numerous reasons then my house got broken into and my brand new laptop computer got stolen.

But I now look to the new year with a new career possiblility. I am hoping that this will help me to look more positively on the future. It has been a matter of doing some really serious thinking about what I want, what I can actually do and what I can actually change.

All I hope for this year is a little bit of happiness.

This time last year -
    There was no Ceroc or MJ classes in NI
    There was no AT in NI

Both these situations changed in Jan and I have had a year of dancing MJ every week and beginning to learn AT.

As well as these - highlights for me probably - (in the style of Lory*)
    Feb - suddenly transforming into 'a woman who asks men to dance' during the last few hours at Scarborough.
    March - Storm - a lot of fun and new friendships, esp lovely getting to know LMC
    April - our first Ceroc NI workshops and freestyle, with the delightful Dizzy over staying. (Oh yeah, and Trampy was there too!)
    May - Dancing under the stars on a balmy summer evening in Spain.
    June - Southport - my first 'mini milonga' with our lovely forumite tangueros. I floated back the chalet.
    June - discovering the kindness of others when transport problems threatened to prevent my dancing, and also going to my first milonga - by myself.
    August - Tango Mango - good company, and figuring out how to just relax and flow at a milonga (think I've forgetten that again though!)

Those were probably the main dancing highlights

*Posting style only. Wish it was as easy to adopt Lory dancing style!

It is only from these things that we grow though, so I'm not expecting an easy ride this year either - though a few fewer bumps would be lovely!
    s for everyone!

Thread Information