Thread: Brrrr!

Brrrr!

OK, I know some of the more Northern Forum members will be used to the cold weather, but it was pretty cold here yesterday and as well as the usual icy roads and morning de-icing of the car windows it added a few 'interesting' aspects to my day...

De-icing the car at work before I could leave to go home - which basically meant standing by myself in a forest car park with a strange man loitering nearby with dogs - quickest de-ice I've ever done!

Having to climb the fence to my neighbours garden and go out via their path as my front gate was frozen shut (at 7pm).

Car locks being frozen when we came out of Ceroc. One guy thawed his lock, opened his car, left stuff in it and relocked it to go to help someone else - 10 mins later his lock had frozen again.

Anyone else any cold snap stories?

Blog Entries

Re: Brrrr!

Yes, my bl00dy central heating packed up last night, I woke up with icicles on my nose and the landlady has disappeared off the face of the earth.
    Merry bl00dy xmas.

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Yes, my bl00dy central heating packed up last night, I woke up with icicles on my nose and the landlady has disappeared off the face of the earth.
    Merry bl00dy xmas.
    Ah. Count yourself lucky. Some of us don't have central heating at all!

Merry bl00dy xmas.
    Get one of These You cheap skate

Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    Get one of These You cheap skate
    £20! Are you mad?

That could be 3 lessons or 2 freestyles!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Ah. Count yourself lucky. Some of us don't have central heating at all!
    I dont have ny heating either and the windows and doors in my place have big gaps. Drafts are lovely.

But loads of jumpers and a warm duvet makes TV watching more of a joy.

We have heating which is on, so technically it should be nice and warm! However it's absolutely freezing. The reason being, Mum is in the middle of 'spring' cleaning the house ready for christmas day and apparently this process requires all windows to be open!

What is it with central heating and this time of the year? Mine packed in yesterday morning and just had someone out with silly money emergency call out charges. It still needs more done and all the merchants are closed till Tuesday, and the engineer has a long list of other people also waiting for parts to finish their repairs so it will be later in the week, but hopefully will keep going til then.

The electricity went off last night too in the stormy weather, but fortunately came on again after an hour or so.

After the mild weather of last week and weekend, I don't think its got higher than freezing here today - certainly the snow that had fallen on Mon night hasn't thawed (aside from the sunny patches). More snow on the way...

Brrr!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    After the mild weather of last week and weekend, I don't think its got higher than freezing here today - certainly the snow that had fallen on Mon night hasn't thawed (aside from the sunny patches). More snow on the way...

Brrr!
    we've had snow but no frost. i got up at 6:15 this morning to move my car for my sister and the temp was -6.5 oC

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    we've had snow but no frost. i got up at 6:15 this morning to move my car for my sister and the temp was -6.5 oC
    My temp said -5 this morning (bout the same time, when I set off for work) - I thought "Hmmm, that can't be right, I'm in Southen Softie Land..."

I'm just glad I picked this time to have a kitchen extension done, knocking the outside wall down now seems like such a good idea...

COLD it is nippier than a japanese sprinter

3 arctic explorers, one faints the other says hes going down with hyperthermia, the third says give him a nip of this , this will get him back on his feet. The second says what is it brandy, no says the third a pair of pliers boom boom

-6 this morning.

I'm really very happy that my car has chosen to have a water leak at this time Hopefully the 25% antifreeze top up will keep it safe tonight - does mean I can't risk going out nights until I can take it to the garage on Friday

I hope it does snow. A lot. I have brought work home with me just in case, and tomorrow is a *horrible* day in the office. It would be nice if they would darn well realise how much effort the 12 per year infernal, sorry, I mean internal lunches are if they have to cater for the one tomorrow 'cos I am stranded at home. Which would be a tragedy, of course

I'm hoping for a day off tomorrow as well. We've had between 4 and 7 inches of snow forecast for the whole of South Wales, so it's looking quite likely that I'll be able to go back to bed in the morning. Fingers crossed, eh?

Thread Information