Thread: Random Acts of Kindness

Random Acts of Kindness

I thought I would start a thread so that people could share with us things that they had done for other people recently, like giving someone your seat on the Tube or buying a beggar a sandwich or whatever.

The more random, the more kind, the better.

Re: Random Acts of Kindness

I wonder if by recounting acts of kindness here they might then become 'acts of glory'......so I won't be posting any of mine.

Oops I have just been informed that this thread has been done before.

I either forgot or didn't realise.

The idea just popped into my head rather randomly and I was thinking of what Altrincham Baptist Church were doing some years back.

I think it might be good to share, if you think it appropriate in the sense that it might inspire others to do the same! A kind of imitation thing.

Commercial Operator

I hear you both.

And agree with you both.

My thoughts, though, are that RAK's come from within and not from outwith.

I tend to keep mine quiet, too...

Just for today

I started to post on this tread earliser and delited it, I was going to say I wasn't happy telling every one about my acts of kindness, it just didn't seem right

Maybe rather than discussing the actual acts themselves, people talking about why they do them and what benefit they hope they bring? To act as an inspiration to others?

What about posting random acts of kindness that we see other people do?

Blog Entries

I know this guy that managed to organise a bunch of random dancers to go and hug complete strangers all around the UK...

Beat that!

Well, I'll post mine, purely because I so hope that anyone/everyone will or would do the same as I did.

Early on Sunday morning, I had a call from a lady who lives a couple of miles away. She and her two daughters had seen a cat's body on a grass verge by the side of the main road, not far from the last possible sighting of my (still missing) cat. Having seen my posters, they were sure it was my BG.

With a heavy heart, I drove there, mostly hoping it was a case of mistaken ID (a tiny part of me hoping it wasn't, because after three months, I just want to know what has happened to my missing puss). I found the little corpse - frozen solid, but otherwise, just looking like the cat was sleeping. Quite definitely NOT my cat - and I was relieved first, sorry for the owners second. Perhaps someone, like me, was missing their pet, and waiting and hoping for some news. So I called my vet (luckily open on Sunday mornings for emergencies only) and they agreed to scan the body for a chip. I felt awful putting someone's pet in a plastic bin liner - but what else could I do?

There was no chip - but the vet said they would check "Lost" reports. Within an hour, I had a call from the owners, who had been to the surgery and positively ID'd the cat as their Stimpy (missing since the Friday). They were grateful to have been reunited, although under such sad circumstances. At least I still have a little hope that my cat will come home safe and sound (he is SO GROUNDED if - no, when - he does. He does have a microchip, so if some kind person takes him to any vet or rescue, I'd get a call.)

Not a Sunday morning I want to repeat. But I wouldn't have done anything differently. Not knowing is the worst.
    Last edited by LMC; 20th-December-2006 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I started to post on this tread earliser and delited it, I was going to say I wasn't happy telling every one about my acts of kindness, it just didn't seem right

I was giving out rep on this thread for those with this point of view, but for some reason I was unable to give any to Fletch?

Thread Information