Thread: Mmo/mmorpg

Mmo/mmorpg

First, sorry if this thread exists already...moderator?

Second, anyone here play these at all right now? An earlier post I made prompted me to start this thread. Curious about how many people who Ceroc also pwn.

I'm playing WoW at the moment...I've also been pressuring Princess Fi into trying it for the last fortnight. It's the only one I play right now after a brief foray into DDO which was abandoned.

If you do play any MMO, stick your game and server (if applicable) down. Bonus points if we all get together and dance in-game.

For me, I'm on the Agamaggon PvP server (although I do have a character on the Terenas PvE server)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Mmo/mmorpg

I pwn at CounterStrike, dont have time for these fancy mmorpgs

Quote Originally Posted by andystyle View Post
    First, sorry if this thread exists already...moderator?
    Someone will have to explain to me what "mmo" and "mmorg"s are first.

I am soooo not a geek.

Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Someone will have to explain to me what "mmo" and "mmorg"s are first.
    Massive Multiplayer Online and Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, duh . Though the might not mean that at all but that's what andystyle is talking about.

I don't play any MMOs though. I spend enough time playing games without worrying about all the levelling I'm missing in some MMO. Though there is a Firefly MMO coming out .

Anyway I don't really play Counterstrike but I've got a Steam account with it's associate friends lists and stuff. I play a bit of Enemy Territory online with friends (because they are cheap and it is free) and a bit of Civ IV at the moment. I've got an XBox Live! account as well though I hardly ever play online. So that's money well spend...

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime View Post
    Massive Multiplayer Online and Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, duh . Though the might not mean that at all but that's what andystyle is talking about.
    So we've talked about these things in your role playing thread then? Or was that different?

Oh, and isn't "Massive Multiplayer Online" missing a noun?
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

I play "Eve Online" never dabbled in WoW or the likes.

I use to play Halo on line though.. but that was a while back now.

The games are more MMOs now, I don't really see much in the way of RPG elements unless the server specifically dictates that.

I gave EVE a shot before WoW, actually - very complicated, my hat is taken off to you, sir, should you have managed to master it!

it's not thta complicated. I had my own Corporation for a while. runing (and paying for) three consecutive characters. One Production, one Salvage and low sec Mining (for the minerals) and One PvP

My corp had ,oh.. 30-40 active members at one point, and owned quite a few ship blueprints so were making serious ISK ($$$) every week. but it started to take over my life, became almost as demanding as a real job so I stood down as CEO and put one of my characters "in storage" and sold my other two off. Got about £600 for the two characters.. which was nice

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I only played EVE beta but it was very impressive, I can easily see how you got carried away. If i had the time, Id play it again - I quite liked the idea of infiltrating a Corporation until Im in a position to steal most of their assets and then becoming a pirate

I play WoW, so does my sister and her bloke. I can't remember which server I'm on as I haven't played in a little while as I've been busy.

I do love RPG games though, and play "real" Advanced D&D.

I've played WoW on and off since I got it 2 years ago, with my highest character being Level 54. Not quite reached 60 - if it wasn't for the expansion in january (and hence a level cap raise to 70) I'd likely work at it, but I want to try PvP now. I re-rolled a warrior and am plugging away with him.

I'd ideally have liked to move my 54 over to the PvP server, but Blizzard aren't allowing that. They do allow moves from PvP to other servers though. Ah well.

it's not thta complicated. I had my own Corporation for a while. runing (and paying for) three consecutive characters. One Production, one Salvage and low sec Mining (for the minerals) and One PvP

My corp had ,oh.. 30-40 active members at one point, and owned quite a few ship blueprints so were making serious ISK ($$$) every week. but it started to take over my life, became almost as demanding as a real job so I stood down as CEO and put one of my characters "in storage" and sold my other two off. Got about £600 for the two characters.. which was nice
    How long did it take to get that up and running!? Not a bad little profit - I imagine it more than paid for the subscriptions!

Used to play Legend of Mir 2 & 3...

For the MMO type games, I've played everquest, archerons call (anyone remember that one?), dark age of camelot and starwars galaxies. Not that impressed with any of them to be honest. Very repetitive and a real grind.

For the others I've played counterstrike, battlefield 1942 and it's modern day follow up (who's name i can't remember). They're great fun, but so fast, i keep getting stuffed by 15 year old kids.

I picked up WoW a couple of years ago. Still playing (after a 12 month break) i've got one level 60 char and another level 37. Having been playing computer games since lunar lander on a prime minicomputer about 25 years ago, i actually rate WoW as the best i've ever played. It's the only one i've been able to stick with for more than 4-5 months. I'm sitting here now waiting for the weekly maintenance to finish so i can log in and see if anyone bought my mageweave bags.

Does that make me a geek?

If you want to try something different, try The Ship. It started as a Half Life 2 mod. It's very entertaining. Each player get's the name of one other person they have to kill on an old titanic style boat. You don't know who's trying to kill you so there's lots of sneaking around trying to kill people without getting caught at the same time looking over your shoulder every time someone walks past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostlysane View Post
    If you want to try something different, try The Ship. It started as a Half Life 2 mod. It's very entertaining.
    There is a free trial on Steam this weekend. Though last time I had a go I wasn't entirely taken by it.

Thread Information