Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Shirt Dilemna

Re: The Shirt Dilemna

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Unfortunately i am a head sweater. no other place on me sweats, just my head. So, my hair normally goes to buggery in the first instance and this proceeds on very hectic nights to run down my back and create a pool of sweat at the base of it. Most inconvenient.
    I have leaky skin too I have found that wearing a alice band helps keep my sweaty head and hair in reasonable order. Claires Accesories do some funky ones

I also have babywipes and deodorant in my bag with spare t-shirts to change into should I feel the need. In the summer I have been known to get through 4 tops

Blog Entries

I was exceptionally fit for many years, with barely an ounce of fat on me and great muscle definition. During that time I hardly sweated at all. An 8 mile speed hike, with 66 pounds of equipment on my back in the middle of summer would get me fairly sweaty.
    The last 6 years my fitness has been up and down, as has my fatness . Any physical excertion since I lost that fitness has had me sweating like a pig.
    My fitness/fatness is fairly OK at the moment, but I still sweat a lot when dancing. I'm even a fairly confident dancer now, but it still happens.

I've accepted it now and it's a simple matter of making sure that you're clean before you start, when you get very sweaty take a break, let yourself cool off, then change your shirt and start again.
    I haven't had any complaints about over-wetness or smelliness yet, so I'm guessing that it works.

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I haven't had any complaints about over-wetness or smelliness yet, so I'm guessing that it works.
    You certainly don't stick in my mind as a "wet" or smelly dancer so reckon it must be working!

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I was exceptionally fit for many years, with barely an ounce of fat on me and great muscle definition.
    You still are Gav ..........That reminds me...I must get some food for my guide dog today.

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Shirts. I like to wear long sleeved shirts that have a proper collar. This means that moves like a slo comb are still quite OK when you're getting sweaty. Your partners hand isn't pressed into your sweaty wet neck, rather the collar is there and always stays dry. When you do the slow break away, their hand runs down your sleeve, not your wet arm.
    If only all mean were as thoughtful - nothing worse than having someone else's sweat all over your arms

Re: The Shirt Dilema

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    non-sensory in what way??
    Has been mentioned before but I suffer (well I don't Suffer .. It doesn't hurt of anything like that and I barely notice it) from Congenital anosmia

I was born without a sense of smell, I'll die without a sense of smell. There could be an explosion in a perfume factory sending rivers of overpowering aftershave though the nearest pig manure recycling centre and sitting in s large pool in the sun outside my office window for several hours.. and I'd be none the wiser*

*although my colleagues throwing up may alert me to something being amiss

Have never had a sense of smell, so don't/can't miss it. Smell is as alien a concept to me as trying to explain colours to someone who's never had any sight There are worse senses not to have.

Blog Entries

Re: The Shirt Dilema

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    Has been mentioned before but I suffer (well I don't Suffer .. It doesn't hurt of anything like that and I barely notice it) from Congenital anosmia

I was born without a sense of smell, I'll die without a sense of smell. There could be an explosion in a perfume factory sending rivers of overpowering aftershave though the nearest pig manure recycling centre and sitting in s large pool in the sun outside my office window for several hours.. and I'd be none the wiser*

*although my colleagues throwing up may alert me to something being amiss

Have never had a sense of smell, so don't/can't miss it. Smell is as alien a concept to me as trying to explain colours to someone who's never had any sight There are worse senses not to have.
    a handy man to have around then in certain circumstances...

Thread Information