Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Re: Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    OK, I admit it ... I'm really enjoying it. I've been sqeaking and covering my eyes with the last two episodes (the fairies one and the not-aliens-just-like-scoff-people one) Doesn't take much to scare me - I'm a wuss.

Finally, glad to see Gwen get busy with Owen. He's rather yummy The boyfriend was a bit of a wet blanket IMO
    Really?!?!? That the guy who was in Bleak House? He's got a face like a skull. EEK

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Finally, glad to see Gwen get busy with Owen. He's rather yummy The boyfriend was a bit of a wet blanket IMO
    But he's a complete twat ? but then so is she...the husband is the best character in the series bar Jack

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    But he's a complete twat ? but then so is she...the husband is the best character in the series bar Jack
    I have to say, the only thing keeping me watching is the fervent hope that one or more of the characters dies a horrible and messy death.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    I have to say, the only thing keeping me watching is the fervent hope that one or more of the characters dies a horrible and messy death.
    if only - im not that optimistic though

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Really?!?!? That the guy who was in Bleak House? He's got a face like a skull. EEK
    Hmmm, I still think he's rather yummy

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Torchwood

I've split the Torchwood posts into this thread.

What did people think of this week's episode? I quite liked it - derivative of course, but well done, well acted, and quite "realistic" - A bit like the "fan group" episode of Doctor Who in a way.

Can it be that the series is getting watchable at last?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    I've split the Torchwood posts into this thread.

What did people think of this week's episode? I quite liked it - derivative of course, but well done, well acted, and quite "realistic" - A bit like the "fan group" episode of Doctor Who in a way.

Can it be that the series is getting watchable at last?
    Hmm the episode was quite good. one of the best so far. I think. It's obviously building up for a big finale like the two recent Doctor Who series. Some great evil bearing down on us.

will have to see how it pans out. but I have to say one good episode does not a great series make. Given previous submissions.. I'm doubtful. but please I hope they prove me wrong.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Ive not really gone out of my way to watch it. I did see the "Gwen dying from gunshot to the head gradually due to bringing nasty woman back to life with alien glove" episode, and I had my fingers crossed that she was actually going to die. But she didnt. So it was an extremely dissapointing episode. Was well acted though and the conversation between Jack and Janitor type who - forget the name of - was most interesting

I did also see the "attractive lesbian blonde is hundreds of years old and actually an alien that eats hearts" episode which was actually......ACE.. spoiled somewhat by Gwen and Owen not dying horribly, but everyone else was superb.

The Perfect Woman!

Torchwood is about the only programme other than SCD that I go out of my to watch ! I really enjoy it.

and I like Gwen, and the sexual tension stuff with Owen I think is quite scrummy/tingly/horny , although I don't like him much.

Such a shame John Barrowman is gay..

Funny, I really like TW too even if a bit silly, but this week's I didn't really enjoy - I kept wondering when it was going to get interesting, and couldn't help feeling at the end like they'd decided to give everyone except Gwen most of the week off filming - were they all going to a party she wasn't invited to or what? It was kinda clever but IMHO could have been done better.

Oh well, roll on Hogfather.

Quote Originally Posted by foxylady View Post

Such a shame John Barrowman is gay..
    Well, gayish. He said in a recent interview that he's been with women as well. But not as open as his character ... he describes as being open to advances by "anything with a postcode". HTH your daydreams

The Perfect Woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post
    Funny, I really like TW too even if a bit silly, but this week's I didn't really enjoy - I kept wondering when it was going to get interesting, and couldn't help feeling at the end like they'd decided to give everyone except Gwen most of the week off filming - were they all going to a party she wasn't invited to or what? It was kinda clever but IMHO could have been done better.
    I agree, this was my least favourite episode.

An Eclectic Toaster

Off-topic (well, replace the locations with a quarry, chuck in a pile of dodgy leather and the greatest spaceship in sci-fi history and it'd be on-topic, but still...)

For sci-fi geeks, just a note that "The Cult of... Blake's 7" is being repeated on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. It was on on Tuesday, anyone see it?

I've been enjoying Torchwood but I thought the fairies and cyberwoman episodes were both pretty weak.

FYI: Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    FYI: Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who
    Oh--kay! Something interesting about Torchwood.

At last.

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post

Oh well, roll on Hogfather.
    Was this weeks episode the one about the guy being knocked down, and the alien eye (I ask, because I saw it on BBC2, not on BBC3)? I found it very boring.

I wonder if Hogfather is going to be as good as they seem to think (from the number of clips I've already seen of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart M View Post
    Off-topic (well, replace the locations with a quarry, chuck in a pile of dodgy leather and the greatest spaceship in sci-fi history and it'd be on-topic, but still...)

For sci-fi geeks, just a note that "The Cult of... Blake's 7" is being repeated on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. It was on on Tuesday, anyone see it?
    Missed this post, but I don't have BBC4 anyway.

Would really liked to have seen this as I loved Blakes 7 when I was young. The only thing I ever made from Blue Peter (you the part they did with all the sticky back plastic and marg tubs) was a Blakes 7 wrist communicator thing. How sad is that?

I've actually been quite enjoying Torchwood. It's obviously no where near as good as Doctor Who, but then I never expected it to be.

I think that a programme like this was always going to get lots of critism with it being a spin off from a very popular money.

I think there's far worse things on the TV than this.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    Well, gayish.
    Well, its fairly certain now as he just got married to his long time partner of 16 years, Scott Gill

I never new he was gay until Foxylady mentioned it

The Forum Legend

Well, its fairly certain now as he just got married to his long time partner of 16 years, Scott Gill
    Ummm. Actually, he signed a civil partnership. Which isn't marriage. Although it does have almost all the same properties!

Thread Information