View Poll Results: Fluffy Monkey or get it chopped?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • All women should have long hair. Even LM.

3 14.29%
  • Fluff is good! Fluffy Monkeys are cute!

11 52.38%
  • Get it chopped, girl! Your hair is a mess!

5 23.81%
  • Who the hell is Little Monkey??

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Short haired or long haired Little Monkey?

Re: Shrot haired or long haired Little Monkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    Does this mean I might get a vacation from cake baking?! I won't know what to do with myself if I don't have to rush home from work and bake on a Monday night
    Not unless you want to! I can't take your job away from you, O Queen of Baking! I just meant I'll have to make sure Greg gets a piece of your cake! But I wouldn't mind doing some baking, too, as I won't have that much to do in London.... I'm sure people won't complain if there's two cakes? And maybe you'd like a break from baking??

Quote Originally Posted by littlewiggle View Post
    Did check out your profile so I could see what it was like - dig the wig!
    Yay! Cool, innit?

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Hips View Post
    Hi Little Monkey
    As someone who has horribly frizzy puffy hair - not cutely curly like yours - I thought I could never get it longer than a crop without looking a complete mess....
    No smart comments at this point please ........

However, I managed to grow it longer firstly by starting with the wee straighteners for short hair and then the standard ones (GHDs only).
    Give it a go. You can always get it cut later.
    Thanks for the compliment! I might give the straighteners a go.... Don't want to use them all the time, tho, as I don't want to damage my hair! And even five minutes extra in front of the mirror styling my hair, is five minutes more than what I can normally be othered with...

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Yeah, long hair does get in the way, but sometimes it's worth the bother.

That said, I like short hair too. LM – you really suited your hair short, but I really like your hair long.
    Double compliment! Thanks, hon!

Oh well, looks like I'll persevere for a while longer. Greg's voiced the opinion that he'd like to see it longer, too, before I decide to have it chopped again... But maybe by the time it's long, I'll start liking it again?

Re: Short haired or long haired Little Monkey?

I vote shaved.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post
    I vote shaved.

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    I prefer it short.
    There's your answer. Do what you want. Never mind what anyone else thinks. (I think you suit a cute short cut.)

I don't like my hair most of the time. Sometimes I love it, but its very fine and doesn't seem to hold styling very well. I never know what to do with it when dancing and end up tying it back in a pony tail because the 'long, silken, flowing' look that I aim for, and get for about 10 mins after I've done it, turns into 'help I can't see' after about 2 dances. (The pony tail then turns it into 'whip the men on close turns' but they don't all complain.)

Read all the stuff above which is pretty darn good for me 'cos this is a bit of an epic for a haircut now!

Short Hair - Good easy to handle can feel good looks good too

but

. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .there's always a

. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .BUT. . . .!

Long hair is not that hard to manage I went out with a dancer who's hair is now below her waist (i think she could sit on it now). It takes 15 minutes longer to dry (if you want to go out with dry as opposed to damp hair) but hers is special to her. It almost gives meaning to her life a little like Samson.

But hair that is longer that can be tied up is UTILITY HAIR BATMAN!
    Long but also Short. Straight but maybe curly or platted or tied in bunches on a School Reunion fetish night! (invitations welcomed)

At the end of the day when the sun goes down and the bees stop mooching around the honeysuckle someone needs to set an alarm! Does it go off at 5.45am or only 6.00, d'you know in the excitement i quite forgot. Is hair to play with, a bane or a boon. No one can make the decision for you LM, infact it sounds a little like you've done it already. However there is a moment in every blokes life (at least once) when he's making love to a woman with her hair tied up and she lets it free and it escapes and cascades over the guy and . . . .oh sorry was i thinking out loud there - Lucky I stopped before the messy part!!

I don't think I need say more. . . . .

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    (The pony tail then turns it into 'whip the men on close turns' but they don't all complain.)
    You're too small to to any damage. What is annoying is long wet sweaty hair on a woman the same height

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Short Hair - Good easy to handle can feel good looks good too
    Very true. In fact, I find the idea that "all women should have long hair" to be very odd, surely thats not what makes you a women , and surely there are men who see beyond that. I think more women should be bald, its a nice look but seems to be socially unacceptable - in fact for the last few decades its been associated with severe illness, which really doesnt help.

Any Babylon5 geeks want to confirm - no hair or short hair doesnt affect attractiveness

At the end of the day when the sun goes down and the bees stop mooching around the honeysuckle someone needs to set an alarm! Does it go off at 5.45am or only 6.00, d'you know in the excitement ..[snip]
    what on earth were you drinking last night ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Any chance of a pic
    If you insist, here is LM as she was, and as she now is - personally I think there's no contest.

(Guess that's my dancing partners reduced by one this weekend!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    If you insist, here is LM as she was, and as she now is - personally I think there's no contest.

(Guess that's my dancing partners reduced by one this weekend!)

PS - you'd better wear steel-capped boots next time we dance, as I might accidentally on purpose step you very hard on your toes! With heels..

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've got long hair and believe it or not, 'one' of the reasons I like to keep it long, is it's dead easy. But then again, I do have dead straight hair.

I've had countless different styles, curly perms to short layers, I even had it cropped once but by far the easiest for me to maintain, is keeping it long. And btw, I'm a big fan of 'serum' for long hair!

On the dance floor though, it hasn't been without incident....

I managed to steal a man's glasses with it once and I hasten to add, it wasn't even the bloke I was dancing with, I only noticed them stuck in my hair, after the dance had finished, the poor bloke was on his hands and knees, wondering where the hell they'd gone!

I nearly strangled an old guy called Bernie, it got wrapped around his neck.

It's slapped more than a few guy's across the face and occasionally, its even ended up in their mouths.

I've had chunks ripped out on shirt buttons, fingers and rings caught in it.

Its been stuck to my back or under my armpit, when I've perspired

Its been played with and pulled in the most sensuous ways

But mainly, it just falls as a curtain across my face (which is a bonus for most partners)

I'm probably getting a bit too old for it but for now, it's staying long!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    {stuff about long hair}
    to all of the above (except the bit about having lots of different styles - I've had mine cut short, but never permed).

I know exactly how Lory feels - and just love having my hair long.
    Yes, it takes a little longer to wash and dry, but it's worth it IMO.

Hi there,

I generally have my hair at slightly below shoulder length and it has a slight wave. With this I can put it up or have it down (and most of the time it behaves Who am I kidding - it does its own thing unless it is up or straightened ). I have found with chin or shorter length my hair goes terribly curly and uncontrollable .

My sister even once had it shaved quite short - and as it grew out it went into corkscrew curls - suited her - but not for me...

At the other end of the scale is my Mum. Her hair is at approx waist length. She can put it up but finds that with the volume of hair she has it is very heavy. Also her hair is almost completely straight because of the weight.

Each of my female relatives have hair length between my Mum's and both my Aunts (who generally wear it in 1.5 ish inch curls). Everyone seems to suit what they have - but everyone's choice was very personal depending on how long they wanted to spend fiddling or dealing with it, and wether or not it would get caught in things.

Basically lifestyle and fiddle factor dictate most things.

Pick one style for a while - grow it or get it cut - You and only you can choose.

I am sure you will look stunning whatever you choose

Whitetiger

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    what on earth were you drinking last night ?
    I had an unexercised poetic bent with a splash sarcasm on the rocks
    but i found a hair in it!

Commercial Operator

I'm abstaining from argument on this thread on the grounds of ill health. (ie my health will be non existent if I get it wrong!)

Just here to post this -
    Attached Images Attached Images

IMO you look stunning with your hair cropped short. Last time I saw you it was sort of chin lenght IIRC? To me it didn't have the same effect as you with short hair, but having never seen you with long hair I couldn't comment.

Sorry doesn't really help

Do with it what you want to do, or at least wait until the good weather and then have it cut

I love having medium length hair as I can put it up, or keep it down but I really think it should be what you prefer yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman View Post
    I'm abstaining from argument on this thread on the grounds of ill health. (ie my health will be non existent if I get it wrong!)

Just here to post this -

Love it short but do love the look on your face with it long sweetie.....

Pauline.xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by cheeks View Post
    Love it short but do love the look on your face with it long sweetie.....

Pauline.xxxx
    Loved wearing the hairpiece and pretending to have long hair for a wee while! However, my current lack of any hairstyle is horrendous, as my hair only looks ok when its properly long or completely short. Have tried to go to a hairdresser for 'help', but if I'm going to try and grow it, it's only so much he can do...

Another year of this will drive me crazy..... I still haven't decided what I'm going to do..... I recon I'll see how long I can grow my hair before going insane, but have the feeling it's going to get chopped really short again sometime in the not so distant future!

Long deffo! With sides layered around the front! BEAUUUUUUTIFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by littlewiggle View Post
    Long deffo! With sides layered around the front! BEAUUUUUUTIFUL!
    Layered? Nope. That's a definitely NO! With my fine, soft, slightly not straight hair, it would be a total nightmare! It has to be all long, so I can sweep it back in a ponytail, or it would drive me absolutely crazy!!!

That's one of the things I like best about short hair - it's out of my face when I'm working, dancing or exercising.... Or when it's windy...

My hairdresser did a bit of layering when I was there about 5 weeks ago, and I could kill him! It's driving me absolutely mad!! Especially as it was all just long enough to be tied back, and now I've got to grow it for at least 2 months before I can do that again!

Had long hair from the age of 16, until about 4 years ago. I had always said I'd have long hair as long as I wanted it. One day decided I didn't want it. Caused chaos at work the following Monday.

Go with what you want. Long's lovely, but short looks stylish and can be stunning in its own way.

Thats me not helped at all. Have fun with it. B

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    Layered? Nope. That's a definitely NO! With my fine, soft, slightly not straight hair, it would be a total nightmare! It has to be all long, so I can sweep it back in a ponytail, or it would drive me absolutely crazy!!!

That's one of the things I like best about short hair - it's out of my face when I'm working, dancing or exercising.... Or when it's windy...

My hairdresser did a bit of layering when I was there about 5 weeks ago, and I could kill him! It's driving me absolutely mad!! Especially as it was all just long enough to be tied back, and now I've got to grow it for at least 2 months before I can do that again!
    Oh OK! BUT surely you will end up with the same hairstyle just long at the back? I thought you wanted to be a different little monkey?!!( I do speak as an ex-hairdresser)

Thread Information