View Poll Results: Fluffy Monkey or get it chopped?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • All women should have long hair. Even LM.

3 14.29%
  • Fluff is good! Fluffy Monkeys are cute!

11 52.38%
  • Get it chopped, girl! Your hair is a mess!

5 23.81%
  • Who the hell is Little Monkey??

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Short haired or long haired Little Monkey?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Short haired or long haired Little Monkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    Well, that 'awful in between bit' has now lasted about a year. I tried to follow my hairdressers advice, and keep getting it cut and re-styled every two months or so, to make the process of growing it less frustrating (I cheated, and didn't have it cut all summer!). I'm not sure it's helped..... I had it cut again two weeks ago, and he insisted that having a fringe would make it better, and he also chopped into it a fair bit to 'lighten' the top, but it now means it's not all the same length, and won't be for several months! And I hate the fringe!!!

I prefer it short. I had it cut short when I was 18, and have tried to grow it again once before, but went back to having short hair again pretty quickly. What I have now is the longest it's been for 14 years! I love it when it's short, because all I need to do is wash it, towel dry, and mess it up with a bit of putty! No need to comb, blow-dry, straighten or spend hours in front of the mirror styling it!

When I had long hair, it was in a ponytail about 90% of the time, and I was really fed up with it. And it's such a bother washing and drying if you're in a hurry!

I don't want a style where I have to bother with lots and lots of 'product' to make it do things it really doesn't want to do anyway, or use straighteners, curlers or faff about for hours! It's ok to use stuff like that occasionally, like whn I'm going to a dance party, but on a day-to-day basis, I want hair that's easy to manage, and doesn't take tons of time.

PS - thanks for editing the title, Lory!
    Cut Cut Cut! You suit short hair and you know you want to really.

BUT if you really want the long hair and can put up with the washing and waiting for it to dry and are prepared to wait for another year to get to that annoying stage.....

oooh cut it already. kysse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post

BUT if you really want the long hair and can put up with the washing and waiting for it to dry and are prepared to wait for another year to get to that annoying stage.....

waiting for it to dry,,, not heard of hairdryers where you come from then xx

Re: Shrot haired or long haired Little Monkey?

It would be hard using straighteners on Ducasi's hair, being so short, surely...?
    Apparently not...

Anyway, LM, straightening your hair with these things doesn't take "hours" – 5 minutes at the most...

Maybe you could ask Santa for one this Christmas.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Apparently not...

Anyway, LM, straightening your hair with these things doesn't take "hours" – 5 minutes at the most...

Maybe you could ask Santa for one this Christmas.
    Hi Hun.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but I have some bad news.

Santa is a fictional character, might be better off asking a friend or relative.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Hi Hun.

Santa is a fictional character, might be better off asking a friend or relative.
    i am now going to kill myself, who has been filling my stocking every December then..... bit of a worry

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    waiting for it to dry,,, not heard of hairdryers where you come from then xx
    aah you have instantaneous hairdryers where you are then ? silly biatch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    aah you have instantaneous hairdryers where you are then ? silly biatch

who you calling silly xx

Tonbridge, Kent, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe.

Well I don't know what your hair looks like, but I do know that I've never seen a woman with short hair who I didn't think would look more attractive with long hair.

Since you asked, I think you should carry on growing it. If its thin then layers and/or a fringe is only going to make it thinner. Longer hair which is all the same length is heavier so the longer it gets the less curly it will look.

Shampoo (diluted with water) the scalp but not the length and condition the ends but not the scalp. Blow dry only a cool setting but generally avoid heat (like straighteners!), don't use shampoo with silicone in it (short term success/long term damage). Coat the ends in jojoba oil from time to time, and generally don't be mean to your hair.....

Also, try and remember that there are gazillions of very attractive women who have curly hair and wish it was straight, and gazillions of other equally attractive women who have straight hair but wish it was curly....

Paul

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paulthetrainer View Post
    Well I don't know what your hair looks like, but I do know that I've never seen a woman with short hair who I didn't think would look more attractive with long hair.

Since you asked, I think you should carry on growing it. If its thin then layers and/or a fringe is only going to make it thinner. Longer hair which is all the same length is heavier so the longer it gets the less curly it will look.

Shampoo (diluted with water) the scalp but not the length and condition the ends but not the scalp. Blow dry only a cool setting but generally avoid heat (like straighteners!), don't use shampoo with silicone in it (short term success/long term damage). Coat the ends in jojoba oil from time to time, and generally don't be mean to your hair.....

Also, try and remember that there are gazillions of very attractive women who have curly hair and wish it was straight, and gazillions of other equally attractive women who have straight hair but wish it was curly....

Paul
    Oh my god since when did you know so much about hair - something you haven't told us I beg to differ anyway - layers give thin hair more body

Tonbridge, Kent, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe.

Nicola dearest, I am an expert on many things. You have simply failed to question me on enough of them...

Depends on how you feel really...
    I can understand the wish for long hair, as well as the ease of management of shorter hair

If it's a bit of a dream to have long hair, why don't you give it a set period of time (say, a year) and see how you feel then.

Personally though, I'd go for short hair. It suits you

Quote Originally Posted by Paulthetrainer View Post
    Unfortunately that's most men's opinion.... A[art from the Smurf Man:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smurf

Thanks! I think I suit short hair, too.... Looks like we're in a minority!

{snip} lots of good advice {/snip}
    I know. When my hair is long, it's just wavy, not curly at all. And what I'm aiming for is all the hair the same length, no annoying fringe or layering, which I think just adds to the frizziness, and as you say just make it look thinner.

Paul
    Well, I wish I was either! I've not got curly hair, and I've not got straight hair. And who told you I'm attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    I wouldn't be without my long hair (although it does go through stages of being long, and not so long and very long). I have discovered though that while some men adore long hair, others can't stand it - so there's no good second-guessing that way .

Personally I think you should keep growing it, you've got this far!
    Your hair is lovely and soft, if it was longer it would be in great condition, because you've taken good care of it while you're growing it. Don't waste all that effort. Persevere a bit longer
    Your hair is gorgeous! If I had hair like that, I would definitely not want short hair!! And where have you met these men who like short hair?? Please point me in their direction!! I think the only one I've met so far with that opinion is Mr Smurf.

But maybe I should keep trying for a wee while longer... And yes, at least my hair is soft and healthy (and shiny!) Now I just need to train Sheepy to understand that 'Your hair is so nice and fluffy' is not a compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by pmjd
    You'd be surprised, I got straighteners used on my hair last time I was in getting it cut and you know how short my hair is . Funny thing is it did look different afterwards, even though I thought my hair was fairly straight to begin with.
    Oh yes, I remember that now. It really made a difference, too! In fact, you looked fab after that last haircut! I like those red highlights, too! Oh, and thanks for the compliment, btw. Nice to know that I don't look like a complete mess all the time!

Thanks for all the comments, BTW, folks! I didn't actually think anyone were going to post anything!

LM

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Depends on how you feel really...
    I can understand the wish for long hair, as well as the ease of management of shorter hair

If it's a bit of a dream to have long hair, why don't you give it a set period of time (say, a year) and see how you feel then.
    That's what I have done - grown it for a year! And it's still not even long enough for a teensy wee pony tail!! But then I have had it cut about 5 times since I started growing it......

Personally though, I'd go for short hair. It suits you
    That's what I think, too! But by short, you maybe mean what I've got now, and I mean SHORT.

Thanks for the compliment, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Any chance of a pic (that could then be altered to show the options)?

I'm having trouble visualising "fluff"

I'd say go with what makes you feel best.

Christopher
    Well, you'll probably meet me at Monday Meltdown in December, as I'm invading London with my wee dog for the entire month, and will be Sheepy's slave, carrying equipment and supplying him with cake (he always complains if he misses out on it). You can make your mind up then!

Glitter Queen

And where have you met these men who like short hair?? Please point me in their direction!!
    The amount of times I've had guys complain because my hair 'gets in the way' !! Believe me, not everyone is as keen on long hair as you might think

Sheepy's slave, carrying equipment and supplying him with cake (he always complains if he misses out on it).
    Does this mean I might get a vacation from cake baking?! I won't know what to do with myself if I don't have to rush home from work and bake on a Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    The amount of times I've had guys complain because my hair 'gets in the way' !! Believe me, not everyone is as keen on long hair as you might think
    Not me! I reckon that's just their roundabout way of issuing a compliment...

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Keep it long and buy a pair of hair straighteners.
    My God - very astute for a man Ducasi - I'm very impressed! This would be my advice too. I had short hair for years and tried to grow it on numerous occasions and always ended up having it cut off. Finally, I perservered and it's quite long now - it decided to go wavy though so I have to straighten it every day which is a pain but it's so much more feminine so keep going!

Did check out your profile so I could see what it was like - dig the wig!

Hi Little Monkey
    As someone who has horribly frizzy puffy hair - not cutely curly like yours - I thought I could never get it longer than a crop without looking a complete mess....
    No smart comments at this point please ........

However, I managed to grow it longer firstly by starting with the wee straighteners for short hair and then the standard ones (GHDs only).

When I wash my hair it takes 10 mins to straighten and then most days a 2 mins straighten in between. Slightly longer if it is for something or somebody really special (except then they just mess it up )

Main problem is rain or going on camping type trips where there is no electricity . But now I buy coats with hoods and have three umbrellas (home, work, car).

Give it a go. You can always get it cut later.

I won't be going for the short crop again in the forseeable future!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    Yeah, long hair does get in the way, but sometimes it's worth the bother.

That said, I like short hair too. LM – you really suited your hair short, but I really like your hair long.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewiggle View Post
    My God - very astute for a man Ducasi - I'm very impressed!
    I'm learning.

Thread Information