Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10% my Arse

The Forum Legend

Re: 10% my Arse

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    (You know I love you really Steve. Did i really publicise that!)
    It's okie. After speaking to Cruella on MSN first thing this morning when I saw this, I can confirm that she didn't mean this literally.

Which is good. Because I really can't afford the flight out of the country right now...

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Because I really can't afford the flight out of the country right now...
    No problem, let me get my cheque book.

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Is that offer open to anyone? I could do with a holiday.

The Forum Legend

Fantastic. I'm thinking that maybe the Dominican Republic would be good

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo View Post
    Is that offer open to anyone? I could do with a holiday.
    Only the people that Cruella loves really

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that I am a crap dancer or plain ugly or both which ever I look at it, it dont look good for me, you see I do most of the asking
    Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    So do I
    I'm beginning to get fed up of it.
    Fantastic. I'm thinking that maybe the Dominican Republic would be good

I don't get asked that much. Maybe a bit more at weekenders. But it's okie. I know I'm plain ugly

OK I don't get asked much, and why, cos we look scary we know we aint. but for most people they go for the easier option

and lets face it Mikey, Tramp, WB you ain't the easy option

Tramp i'v been to Dominican Republic 2 years on the trot, it was fab but.....I wen't with a freind who married a local, all for love she is 44 he is 29 the only problem is when the guys find out you single (girls in your case) they won't leave you alone. I started off very pleasent saying 'thank you for the offer but no thanks' that's not enough to put 'em off, I ended up getting quite shirty with them in the end.

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Tramp i'v been to Dominican Republic 2 years on the trot, it was fab but.....I wen't with a freind who married a local, all for love she is 44 he is 29 the only problem is when the guys find out you single (girls in your case) they won't leave you alone. I started off very pleasent saying 'thank you for the offer but no thanks' that's not enough to put 'em off, I ended up getting quite shirty with them in the end.
    Yeah. That'd be hell....

Have you booked my ticket yet then Di??

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that I am a crap dancer or plain ugly or both which ever I look at it, it dont look good for me, you see I do most of the asking cos otherwise I dont get many dannces most of the ladies that ask me are Ladies I know or have danced with before ( ok I hear you say, you cant that crap or ugly then ) but its true I do most of the asking.
    Well I've danced with you once, ages ago and have been too shy to ask you since. Maybe I'll just have to get over myself... if I ever see you not dancing that is

I don't get asked that much. Maybe a bit more at weekenders. But it's okie. I know I'm plain ugly
    Well I've asked you - and you aren't even in London yet!

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Well I've asked you - and you aren't even in London yet!
    Yeah. That's just cos you haven't seen me yet. Obviously!

Yeah. That's just cos you haven't seen me yet. Obviously!

Well I've seen the pics of you dancing with Beo and heard good things... though I understand that there was some disagreement on the dancefloor last night?!

The Forum Legend

though I understand that there was some disagreement on the dancefloor last night?!
    Well.... I did try to take over the lead at one point, and lead him. But he wasn't having any of it!

And there is video evidence?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    : she is 44 he is 29 the only problem is when the guys find out you single they won't leave you alone. I started off very pleasent saying 'thank you for the offer but no thanks' that's not enough to put 'em off,

Have you booked my ticket yet then Di??
    Sod that, I've booked myself a ticket instead!
    Besides i wouldn't want to deprive all the masochists on here, the pleasure of keeping you and ESG for themselves.

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

the pleasure of keeping ... ESG
    There is no pleasure... there is only devastation, and death.

DUM DUM DUM

DUM - de-DUM de-DUM de-DUM!

Smile Re: 10% my Arse

I don't get asked that much.
    We got asked on a double date, I mean double dance, upstairs at Camber didn't we? That was novel

Well.... I did try to take over the lead at one point, and lead him. But he wasn't having any of it!
    I've NEVER been led before.. I'm afraid I don't make a good follower.. but had I known that's what you were doing I would have at least attempted to follow.

And there is video evidence?
    apparently ask Genie.. with any luck she will have accidentally pressed delete on the camera

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    I've NEVER been led before.. I'm afraid I don't make a good follower.. but had I known that's what you were doing I would have at least attempted to follow.
    I'll warn you next time then!

For the record, Franco sent an email to everyone on his database about 9 months ago asking them if they wanted his events to be gender balanced as his previous advice was that it was illegal had been proven to be wrong.

Franco then three weeks later emailed everyone saying that he was going to gender control his events based on the results of the survey that he had conducted.

It's got to make sense for an event to try and achieve an equal gender balance and any organiser who simply ignores this, or pretends that they do, and doesn't, should be ashamed. It's one thing going dancing for an evening and there being an imbalance, it's another giving up a whole weekend and not being given enough dancing opportunities.

As a number of people have stated on this thread, Franco has to actually do what he says he does and not play games.

I accept it must be a logistical nightmare, but I would imagine if you get it right the event would be more successful and the extra work would be compensated.

It is complicated however, at Ceroc Camber there were certainly a couple of workshops that I did that had a few men over. It may be politically incorrect to say this, but men over in any workshop cannot be desirable as men have to learn the lead before women will stand a chance.

I guess in a perfect world the answer is to gender control the events and the workshops, and then at least the teachers would spend less time on the administration of moving people around and more on actually teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by scotttwin View Post
    For the record, Franco sent an email to everyone on his database about 9 months ago asking them if they wanted his events to be gender balanced as his previous advice was that it was illegal had been proven to be wrong.

Franco then three weeks later emailed everyone saying that he was going to gender control his events based on the results of the survey that he had conducted.

It's got to make sense for an event to try and achieve an equal gender balance and any organiser who simply ignores this, or pretends that they do, and doesn't, should be ashamed. It's one thing going dancing for an evening and there being an imbalance, it's another giving up a whole weekend and not being given enough dancing opportunities.

As a number of people have stated on this thread, Franco has to actually do what he says he does and not play games.

I accept it must be a logistical nightmare, but I would imagine if you get it right the event would be more successful and the extra work would be compensated.

It is complicated however, at Ceroc Camber there were certainly a couple of workshops that I did that had a few men over. It may be politically incorrect to say this, but men over in any workshop cannot be desirable as men have to learn the lead before women will stand a chance.

I guess in a perfect world the answer is to gender control the events and the workshops, and then at least the teachers would spend less time on the administration of moving people around and more on actually teaching.

Im getting bored with these postings from ceroc HQ

The vote actually was against it

And if you mean by a few men 30 odd then fine at ceroc i walked off

There was a minor imbalance for an hr max upstairs on saturday

want to see imbalance go to Gulidford ceroc 1995 or Bisley 2005

It wasnt ognored he actually said on the web site at one stage what the imbalance was

People have a choice (well some women dont as they cant go due to gender balance)

Quote Originally Posted by scotttwin View Post

I'm on Franco's email list and I never received that email

Thread Information