Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Camber Nov 06 The Aftermath

Re: Camber Nov 06 The Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    It's my dream to be a proper hotshot like Donna....

She's so good at it that hardly anybody even knew she was there....including me.
    I'm trying to get my head around this! If you act normally and don't show off then you're probably a hotshot?...

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    Gosh seems like everyone has already posted their views on camber... but I've been recovering and still am recovering!!
    I still haven't recovered. Only my second weekender

Saturday - I only did a couple of workshops, one which was Mikeys Strictly Sinful - the blues - and I take back every word I said on what I thought about his workshops. Yep, I was a Strictly Sinful virgin until last weekend, and I've got to say, I luuuuuuurved it! What a laugh too!!!! to Mikey for putting together a fantastic routine. Will definately do the next one!
    Me too. I thought it would be dodgy, but I did it with a partner I met 10mins before who'd never done a Blues class of any kind, and it was hilarious. I was a little distracted by Donna having fun in the next row though...

Sunday night was fab - had a few good dances. Patrick - you just keep getting better and your musicality is brilliant! Will definately catch you for another at the next event
    Thank you Donna, that's very kind and very encouraging. Some partners (eg you!) are very inspirational and I find myself doing things I've never managed before. I look forward to the next time too, and won't be afraid to ask as I know you're not a hotshot! (OTOH, maybe we're both hotshots and don't know it... )

Just quickly skimming through some of the pages on this thread I noticed a couple have complained about the old man - yeeeesss I had a couple of dances with him too, not very pleasant I must say. (in fact, someone tried to warn me first, but it was too late! grrrrrr )
    But you did at least give him a try, very commendable. Perhaps there should be a workshop on dance ettiquette, explaining for example why Mikey's 'OTT' classes aren't sleazy, but doing 'little' things inappropriatey can be very sleazy. But the people who most needed it probably wouldn't attend!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm trying to get my head around this! If you act normally and don't show off then you're probably a hotshot?...
    Hotshottery is AFAIK nothing about how you dance, it's about who you do and don't dance with. Therefore SF is indeed a hotshot.

Perhaps there should be a workshop on dance ettiquette, explaining for example why Mikey's 'OTT' classes aren't sleazy, but doing 'little' things inappropriatey can be very sleazy. But the people who most needed it probably wouldn't attend!
    Firstly, there's no clear consensus that " Mikey's 'OTT' classes aren't sleazy" - lots of historical debate on this, see the Fletch / Andy McGregor "discussions" from Summer 2005.

Secondly, there may well be a market for "dance discussion" workshops - there was a psychology one at a weekender last year I believe? So it may be worth suggesting...

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Hotshottery is AFAIK nothing about how you dance, it's about who you do and don't dance with. Therefore SF is indeed a hotshot.
    Nope, Hotshottery is a figment of people's imagination!

Secondly, there may well be a market for "dance discussion" workshops - there was a psychology one at a weekender last year I believe? So it may be worth suggesting...
    I thoroughly enjoyed that workshop and would love to do another one. It was quite amazing to realise how insecure most dancers are, even the fictitious Hotshots!

Firstly, there's no clear consensus that " Mikey's 'OTT' classes aren't sleazy" - lots of historical debate on this, see the Fletch / Andy McGregor "discussions" from Summer 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed that workshop and would love to do another one. It was quite amazing to realise how insecure most dancers are, even the fictitious Hotshots!
    I nearly posted "Mikey's 'OTT' classes aren't (all that) sleazy", but decided that would be unfair as there was, IMHO,nothing objectionable at all in the Sinful Blues and Lapdancing classes. Can't speak for the classes I haven't seen of course. Yes, they were daring and outrageous beyond belief, but all in good humour. Mikey wasn't pushing people into doing anything they didn't want to do - he made it clear that this was not the sort of thing you would spring on someone in freestyle unless you knew them well.

I will pass on looking up the archives, though I am a bit curious to know which side Fletch was on!

Most Ceroc weekenders have a dance psychology workshop, but I didn't get to do the one at Breeze. It would be good if they covered sleaze, as it gives dancing/dancers a bad name, and causes a lot of distress and bad feeling.

I think most people are more insecure than they like to let on, and dance etiquette seems to magnify people's 'fears'.

My parting comment at Camber (Monday, 5.30am, Blues Room) was "this is only my 2nd weekender, and to be honest, I feel a bit intimidated by some of the people here". She is very confident and experienced, was dancing very well with some of the 'best' guys, but she said "I'm surprised you're only a bit intimidated then, I still am..."

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I nearly posted "Mikey's 'OTT' classes aren't (all that) sleazy", but decided that would be unfair as there was, IMHO,nothing objectionable at all in the Sinful Blues and Lapdancing classes.
    There's a whole thread about this at:
    http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5616

It's definitely worth reading before diving into this area...

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Lend him her mirror!
    ha ha ha

She's so good at it that hardly anybody even knew she was there....including me.
    I didn't even know you were there either - but if I did I'd have asked you for a dance as promised - that's if you would want to of course..... you hotshot you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    So have I.

But I got turned down!
    Ahem that's because I was unwell at Blackpool - I think had I accepted you'd have been taking a big risk

Me too. I thought it would be dodgy, but I did it with a partner I met 10mins before who'd never done a Blues class of any kind, and it was hilarious. I was a little distracted by Donna having fun in the next row though...

Thank you Donna, that's very kind and very encouraging. Some partners (eg you!) are very inspirational and I find myself doing things I've never managed before. I look forward to the next time too, and won't be afraid to ask as I know you're not a hotshot! (OTOH, maybe we're both hotshots and don't know it... )
    Distracted Patrick? why were you being distracted?

Thanks for your kind comments. Will catch you for another dance next time.

love Miss hotshot.

Distracted Patrick? why were you being distracted?

Thanks for your kind comments. Will catch you for another dance next time.

love Miss hotshot.
    You are welcome. In the Sinful Blues class, I saw that you were smiling, laughing, and having a fun time, which was quite infectious. The inexperienced partner I had was a little unsure at first, but we soon got into the swing of it.

She complimented me afterwards that she felt comfortable to do the class with me... she even had a private lesson with Mikey later! Come to think of it, she did some very spectacular laybacks for someone I hadn't danced with before that day.

I can't wait to see how it looks on the DVD, I think we were being filmed over in our direction...

I didn't do the Lapdancing class, no partner that time, but I watched a bit, and as far as I could see everyone was having fun. It was very entertaining.

I have to say I find it quite bizare to spend so much time posting on here and then not to just pop and say Hi, to the people you know are all together in the 'blues room' but it migh just be me

But I got turned down!

now there was a good opertunity to ask you for a dance

but all at least he is honest and doesn't say 'I carn't dance with you I have the wrong shoes on' and then trott off and have the next dance with someone else, he told me why he didn't wan't to dance with me, I can cope with the truth, I might not like it, but at least you know where you stand, fair play

I will pass on looking up the archives, though I am a bit curious to know which side Fletch was on!

"

Goodness I didn't relise there was anyone still on here tht didn't know where my loyalties lie...

WITH MIKEY

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I

Goodness I didn't relise there was anyone still on here tht didn't know where my loyalties lie...

WITH MIKEY

THERES ME THINKING IT WAS WITH ME

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I have to say I find it quite bizare to spend so much time posting on here and then not to just pop and say Hi, to the people you know are all together in the 'blues room' but it migh just be me
    When I left Camber, I was shocked to realise I hadn't danced with lots of people I knew were there... Not because I was avoiding them, but I just never bumped into them again after a brief encounter. Big place I suppose. I really liked the pub at Camber this time, which often was very quiet but then I didn't meet so many people. I did try wandering round the other rooms from time to time, but assumed the elusive people were just not dancing at the time. I even couldn't find you sometimes Fletch!

WITH MIKEY

Well babes, I'm relieved I'm not going to be piggy-in-the-middle again on this one! Remember I'm new, young, and innocent in the ways of the forum
    Last edited by Patrick; 17th-November-2006 at 05:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Patrick, there is no pic of you on the forum, did we meet at Camba???

I had a great Camber, will admit that i did not enjoy it as much as the Ceroc event but whether that was down to the organising or that i was fairly unwell (Glandular Fever) and therefor did not dance that much means i wont comment too much.

I had some absolutely wonderful dances with lots of people, although i do feel that i was dancing so far below my normal low standard that i would not inflict my self on to too many women, so stuck with people i knew or those that asked me.

I came along to the bar on Saturday night and felt to shy to introduce myself to everyone especially being a newcomer to the forum.

I did say hi to Taz, and had a dance with her, sorry for my poor skills, i was in no fit state to dance but i never turn anyone down. I promise to make it up to you in future.

I also had a dance with Jamie, i had to do that after our discussion about men leading men. But again as with Taz i will do better next time, I'm thinking first move half loops!.

I also introduced myself to The Tramp and he pointed a few people out but the party was in full swing by then and i needed to go and sleep.

I promise to introduce myself to more people in future and i will try to look a little more alive.

The few classes that i managed to do i really did enjoy, the lap dancing class has taught me a thing or 2 about myself, namely do not give up my day job. And the sinful triple class was superb.

Gent

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Patrick, there is no pic of you on the forum, did we meet at Camba???
    Fletch and Taz have posted a few, but I haven't worked out how to upload photos yet.

I don't think we met, I didn't know you were there or I would have looked for you!

This is me and my partner Carly at the Midlands Champs:

http://solentstudios.com/shoppingcar...ceroc_043.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gentabout View Post
    I came along to the bar on Saturday night and felt to shy to introduce myself to everyone especially being a newcomer to the forum. Gent
    Even more reason for you to come along and introduce yourself. As long as you didn't end up giving anyone glandular fever I am sure you would have been given a very warm welcome.

I ended up meeting some new forumites

Patrick - We had a great chat at the bar
    Lady Marmalade - We had a couple of dances and she disappeared never for me to see her again over the weekend.
    Seriously addicted - Again we had a couple of dances in the main room.

I also had a chance to dance with Rebecca (I had done it before but didn't know that I had been dancing with a forumite) in the bar one lunchtime. Apparently I eneded up costing her £90 because she decided to go out and buy a new pair of shoes afterwards. Like a lady dancer needs a reason to buy new dance shoes - yeah, right.

It would have been nice to have some chat time somewhere away from the noise and dancing with Lady MArmalade and Seriously Addicted because they are both from my own local area.
    Last edited by Chef; 17th-November-2006 at 06:09 PM.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    Like a lady dancer needs a reason to buy new dance shoes - yeah, right.
    Ahem

Blog Entries

Fletch and Taz have posted a few, but I haven't worked out how to upload photos yet.

I don't think we met, I didn't know you were there or I would have looked for you!

This is me and my partner Carly at the Midlands Champs:

http://solentstudios.com/shoppingcar...ceroc_043.html
    nope dont recognise ya face, perhaps we will meet at Southport..if ya going xx

I came along to the bar on Saturday night and felt to shy to introduce myself to everyone especially being a newcomer to the forum.
    You came to my party and didn't introduce yourself
    tut tut

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    Ahem
    You will always be a lady to me Andy. I respect your mind as well as your body.

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    It would have been nice to have some chat time somewhere away from the noise and dancing with Lady MArmalade and Seriously Addicted because they are both from my own local area.
    It was good to meet you and to have a couple of dances- at least now when you can make it to Tunbridge Wells I'll know who to look for.

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Oi you! You calling me a hotshot!
    Ummm. Yes. Though, it was pointed out that I'm probably not attractive enough to dance with you!
    Well she asked me to dance so she can't be that much of a hotshot
    Yeah lets not I think that thread is best left where it is.
    I did say hi to Taz, and had a dance with her, sorry for my poor skills, i was in no fit state to dance but i never turn anyone down. I promise to make it up to you in future.
    Thanks for the dance babes
    I was totally thrown when running down the path and you shouted out "you must be Taz"

Thread Information