Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Camber Nov 06 The Aftermath

Camber Nov 06 The Aftermath

DJ just couldnt wait for this thread, so ive started it for him.

Dont worry, post all the luvvie stuff too,not too many smilies though.

Well all,was the main room bliss,was there any breeze through it and was the blues room just a load of hot air?

Re: Camber Nov 06 The Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    DJ just couldnt wait for this thread, so ive started it for him.
    I'm looking forward to his review. He said he was off forum this weekend so of course he must be at Camber - especially since its a No Wristband Weekender. Probably cunningly disguised as a button again. Or something. Not to say that actually not being there would hinder him from posting a review.

I broke one of his weekender rules so I'm exempt from posting a review myself this time.
    Last edited by Lynn; 12th-November-2006 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I'm looking forward to his review. He said he was off forum this weekend so of course he must be at Camber - especially since its a No Wristband Weekender. Probably cunningly disguised as a button again. Or something. Not to say that actually not being there would hinder him from posting a review.

I broke one of his weekender rules so I'm exempt from posting a review myself this time.
    Which one? There were soooo many!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Which one? There were soooo many!
    I imagine it involved water. She's such a hussy.

Apart from going wrong on the way home and adding 12 miles to my journey I blame 'Tom Tom' and not because i was chatting on phone , overall i had a great weekend

Some of the down bits

Friday music upstairs , pants , generally other nights fine. seemed very warm upstairs on friday. ok pants is OTT it wasnt to my taste

some classes i walked out on but when they take 20 mins to try an organise how 100 people walk around in a circle big enough for 50 (quick step) i just get bored

Good bits

Amazed i could still park on site at 10pm friday with a fair few spaces left, a benefit of more people car sharing ??

WB birthday bash and the bar area there generally over the weekend it was just great

Lovely dances with forumites and non forumites and many many repeat request with some

I didnt win the Euro millions or the lottery so my idea of having a free weekender in Vegas will have to wait im afraid

ps the can can was fun , if they told me i could get to wear a womens dress id have been up for it

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    ........ the can can was fun........
    Best 'peoples' cabaret I seen they were superb and only after a one hour class - well done to a great teacher Tas (of Adam & Tas)

I was working most of the weekend - even missed a great party but the cake was yummy (thanks) loved Cruella's cake too (double yummy)

Music Sunday night was the bestest Trampy you excelled yourself in fact all the DJ's were sublime Sunday night it was so hard to leave but had to be at work at 8:30am (left at 4:15am )

Had some awsome dances too - thank you guys (espcially with Ducassi - wow is he good these days )

I was really grumpy Friday & Saturday (the gremlins took over my personality ) took some happy pills on Sunday and had a ball

Will report more later

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Blog Entries

Post Re: Camber Nov 06 The Aftermath

well i had a fantastic time. Sunday was the best night by far, less women and plenty of dances, music was also fantastic. Thanks to Witty, had many faces put to the names and had some really great dances too. Ducasi saved my standing around many a time and he suffered greatly from my stalk and grab technique as he had not learnt the run quick in other direction counter defence move....

downsides to the weekend was -
    1.the corpse - most people know who this guy is but if you dont, he is an old man who literally scares the bejeezers out of me. Danced with him in Ealing three times dont intend to do it again ever.
    2. missed most of Witty's birthday party as got stuck in Rye.
    3. Forgot my camera
    4. not enough men.

great bits.

1. Roger Chin - lovely sin class
    2. Ducasi - lovely dancer
    3. Witty, - fantastic leader,, what a man
    oh and she was an absolute love introducing me to all
    4. Steve (barryshnikov)- dancing with you made my weekend. such a pleasure
    5. Treble sin class with double trouble and spin dryer,,, few blushes there
    6. lots of hugs all round.

Anyway guys, for you that were there and that i had the pleasure to meet and dance with,, it was fantastic and roll on the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    Best 'peoples' cabaret I seen clap: )
    Wot there was a Caberet too?

I was stuck in the bar dancing with gorgeous women till I had a wobbly moment and woke up at 7.30 am Sunday Morning - Witty's comment fitted admirably and yes I probably am a Tw@t. Damn Damn Damn - The dances before I died were good though!

Sunday was good but I had to make up for not seeing Saturday very much.

The last few times I climbed the south face of the Eiger going to the main hall very killers though. Anyone know a man from the Stannah lift company?
    Maybe we can get them in to fit a couple temporarily over Jive events for old'uns like me!

Lost shoes, fleece, temporarily lost keys but did loose deposit, tried to loose bathmat, did loose dance bag until Witty Courier Services (hey good initials) delivered it to Heathrow, lost virginity (hadn't shared a chalet before) but hey it was fun.

Learnt a few things about me too!
    But didn't learn any more moves but no change there I 'spose.

Found a desire to go and buy a Wet Coat so I may be heading to Twickers Wednesdays to see what that's all about.

Ta to anyone who followed me on the floor, I can't remember a bad dance!

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Was only able to make the Sunday night.

The standard of Dancers was amazing. Esp after 4am in the 'Blues Room'.

Didn't have one bad or even Mediocre dance.

I am hurting soooo much today though.

I slept thru the Sunday night, shame, cos me n Raph had plans..

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Tut Tut - you youngsters are such lightweights It is hard when you work at these events Mind you I am absolutely exhausted today went home early from work too

Nice meeting you Jamie, shame we didn't get a dance

Also nice meeting Patrick and SpinDryer thanks for the dances

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Kate says, "Poor form. Highly disappointed".

She thought you had stamina!

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post

The last few times I climbed the south face of the Eiger going to the main hall very killers though. Anyone know a man from the Stannah lift company?
    Maybe we can get them in to fit a couple temporarily over Jive events for old'uns like me!

At 9pm there are 64 steps you have to climb, i notice as the night went on it gets harder, so i counted at the end and there was 124 steps, sorry for the queue building up behind me

Im sure they put new steps in during the evening

I did have stamina, I was there with u oldies all night on the friday & saturday nights!

I set my alarms n everything for about 1am and then woke up at half 7 with my alarms next to me all turned off!!

On Saturday, there was a unconfirmed rumour amongst those of us who weren't at Camber that Franco was in fact offering free tickets to anyone who could come along at the last minute.

Was this true?

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Well what can I say - I have lost my weekender virginity and what a way to do it. I loved every minute. Not sure my legs are ever going to forgive me though. Have to agree that last night was the best.

Thanks to all you forumites who danced with me - hope I wasn't too bad for a newie! It was great meeting you all - look forward too seeing you at the next one.

My first weekender and I bloomin' loved it - had a real blast. I was one of the fools doing the cabaret in a pair of curtains from the chalet. The lesson with Taz was such a giggle and loved performing it on the Sat evening.

Had sooooooooo many quality dances, loved the blues room and managed to dance til 4.30am Fri, 7.15am Sat and 5.55am Sun - feeling it now though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslyAddicted View Post
    Well what can I say - I have lost my weekender virginity and what a way to do it. I loved every minute. Not sure my legs are ever going to forgive me though. Have to agree that last night was the best.

Thanks to all you forumites who danced with me - hope I wasn't too bad for a newie! It was great meeting you all - look forward too seeing you at the next one.
    Yeah go on, rub it in!!

I really enjoyed the time I was awake tho

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslyAddicted View Post

Was that because I was there? lol.

Seem to have been more knackered today after 12 odd hours of dancing than I was after the whole of Bliss.

Thought i would be fine when i got up this morning untill i tried walking down some stairs. Driving was agony.

Don't think i will go to Hayes tonight. will prob have to just keep it to Salomons on Wed and Bromley on Thurs as I have to demo with Virginia.

I couldn't make the Ceroc offering at Camber in September, so I thought I would give my old mate Franco another go having decided 18 months ago never to return (a 2 hour registration process!) - a free ticket however is of course difficult to resist.

Overall I enjoyed the weekend, but only because I had some nice dances and caught up with some people I hadn't seen in an age.

However there was simply so many things that are inferior compared with the Ceroc weekender I'm not sure whether I would ever go again unless Franco overhauls his events and invests some money.

The temporary floor was not only terrible, it was actually dangerous. After doing events at Camber for 10 years is it so difficult to sort out a floor.

The music upstairs I thought was dreadful all weekend, and by the number of people making requests it was clear that this was a majority view.

This was the quietest event that I have been to at camber and it's clear that the market can't sustain 4 events. This does mean of course that parking is less of a problem, and there is more room to dance, but the weekend loses some of it's buzz.

The Thursday night arrival was a wash-out with 30 people turning up early. Great if you want to avoid some traffic, but not so great if you think you're going to get an extra nights dancing.

The extra touches that Ceroc offers like a welcome gift, water when you leave, a snazzy booklet, more workshops in more rooms, more DJs and teachers, a DVD that you can take home with you and just a generally better presented weekender makes a huge difference and no matter how you look at it, it represents better value for money.

If this event is anything to go by Franco's events have a shelf-life unless he puts more back or reduces his prices in line with Ceroc or of course continues to offer free places.

Thread Information