Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Spectacles Incident

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: A Spectacles Incident

I occasionally wear my glasses on a weekender during the day. The rest of the time I wear contacts for dancing. The only problem I've ever had, was at Camber this weekend. During our dance, Dirty D managed to steam them up!!

Taxi Dancer

You can always rely on Dirty D for a steamy dance

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    However I saw a program on TV about this and saw them cutting the flap of skin off the eye with something looking like a cross between a corkscrew and a plane.. and then noticing how the patient is conscious through the whole procedure.

Perhaps when I'm a wealthier and much much braver man I'll get this done.
    I'm not a very brave person but I've had this done and it really wasn't as bad as you might think. My eyesight had been so bad that I couldn't get contact lenses strong enough, and without glasses I just had to guess what hand signals my partner might be making. The technology has definitely improved, although this older technique is still available, at a slightly cheaper price.

I agree with Brian Doolan & David James that it was absolutely worth it. No more glasses falling off, no more frames getting out of style, no more getting annoyed about rain on my glasses.

I will still need reading glasses when I get to my 40's but that's caused by hardening of the lens, nothing to do with re-shaping the cornea....so if you're thinking of doing it at all, then you might as well go for it now so that you can get the most benefit out of it. It is expensive, but I have never regretted it for a moment.

Thread Information