Poll: Has 'The Forum' helped your dancing?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has The Forum helped your dancing?

Glitter Queen

Re: Has The Forum helped your dancing?

Where's Forte and her signature when you need her...?

"Must dance more ... mustdancemore!!!"

Re: Has The Forum helped your dancing?

Lots of recent votes, I notice, but no recent comments, so I thought I'd add my two pennorth.

I've danced Ceroc for 9 months before joining the forum and 9 months since joining. IMHO (correct me if I'm wrong and my dancing hasn't actually improved at all), I have improved more in that last 9 months, for several reasons:

First, discussion of technical and style points on here has made me think more about my dancing, and have more constructive things to practise on my own and when dancing with others.

Second, all the new people I've met in that time have helped me to develop. The more experienced dancers have given me new insight into the ways dancing can feel fabulous, and encouraged me to try new things. On the other hand, those I have met when they were in the first stages of learning have helped me by asking for advice which has forced me to think about the way I do things in order to express in words (and it is very flattering when beginners ask for advice, as I must be doing something right!).

Third, I have access to loads more information (objective and subjective) than is anywhere else about which venues and teachers are good for classes, freestyles and workshops, so I can be more confident that when I pay for an evening of dancing I will be getting something out of it because it comes highly recommended by dancers I respect.

Fourthly, I have started to learn what aspects of different dance styles I know (a little) of can be usefully translated into other styles - which is hopefully the first step to becoming a good all-round and versatile dancer.

Fifthly, I've made so many wonderful friends on here that I am now utterly addicted to the social side of dancing as well as the dancing itself, which makes the whole experience even more fantastic.

Sorry, that was an even longer list than I was expecting - but I guess the point I'm trying to make is, the forum has helped me in more ways that I could possibly have expected - despite the slight disadvantage of getting less work done!

Thread Information