Thread: Aberdeen Wots It Got

Blog Entries

Aberdeen Wots It Got

Well its finally going to happen, im flying to Aberdeen beginning of December . This is for two nights of dinner and dancing of the scottish kind not the ceroc kind.

Im staying at the hilton in Aberdeen and have Saturday free, does anybody have any tips on nice places to go during the day.??

I hope so or i could end up staying in bed earning brownie points with hubby and whilst i think thats just great, i would love to see a little bit of what Aberdeen has to offer.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers all

Re: Aberdeen Wots It Got

what has it got? well me for one thing but on the plus side (tee hee)

You've got Culter mills class on a Tuesday and Jumping Jaks on both a Wed and a thursday night.

Non dancing wise you've got the Art Gallery if that's your thing, Usual shops and malls etc. Some most excellent restaraunts etc. I'm in London at the moment but when I get back home I'll look out the Aberdeen what's on thing and email the information to you.

Depends on what you want to do of course, what interests do you have.. being Scotland there's no shortage of Golf courses for example Nice parks, the Beach front..

tell us what you're hoping to do and I'll get back to you with what's feasible.

Pete

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    what has it got? well me for one thing but on the plus side (tee hee)

You've got Culter mills class on a Tuesday and Jumping Jaks on both a Wed and a thursday night.

Non dancing wise you've got the Art Gallery if that's your thing, Usual shops and malls etc. Some most excellent restaraunts etc. I'm in London at the moment but when I get back home I'll look out the Aberdeen what's on thing and email the information to you.

Depends on what you want to do of course, what interests do you have.. being Scotland there's no shortage of Golf courses for example Nice parks, the Beach front..

tell us what you're hoping to do and I'll get back to you with what's feasible.

Pete

Hey that would be great Pete.

I like doing museums, places of interest you know, the usual walk around with a hangover on a saturday, killing some time. Am eating out both nights with friends so really only have Saturday day time free so anything you could recommend to kill a few hours would be great. Am staying at treetops hilton if you know it so anything near that would be even better.

Thanks for your help look forward to receiving your email.

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Hey that would be great Pete.

I like doing museums, places of interest you know, the usual walk around with a hangover on a saturday, killing some time. Am eating out both nights with friends so really only have Saturday day time free so anything you could recommend to kill a few hours would be great. Am staying at treetops hilton if you know it so anything near that would be even better.

Thanks for your help look forward to receiving your email.

Museums you kill me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Museums you kill me
    i'll kill ya in a minute.. trying to look sophisticated here.

Any i do like museums cheeky mare.

Blog Entries

i'll kill ya in a minute.. trying to look sophisticated here.

Any i do like museums cheeky mare.
    what i meant to say was

Anyway i do like museums cheeky mare.

what i meant to say was

Anyway i do like museums cheeky mare.
    I think there is a museum looking at dyslexic under achievers through the ages just round the corner from your hotel. Might be worth a look

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I think there is a museum looking at dyslexic under achievers through the ages just round the corner from your hotel. Might be worth a look
    crack crack,,, did ya hear that,,, two of my ribs cracking from the laughter.

crack crack,,, did ya hear that,,, two of my ribs cracking from the laughter.
    spoon anyone?

Trouble,

The only thing within easy walking distance from the Tree tops hotel is Hazelhead park! It's a nice place to walk around as it has a some lovely grounds and a small avery and reptile house - I think! I'm sure Gadg and Beo could clarify that statement!

There is nothing particularly far away in Aberdeen but it would probably be easier to jump a bus into the centre of town! Your about a 10min bus journey ride from union st! Checking out the bus routes it looks like your on the number 11 (brown line) but check with the hotel as they'll know best.

Things to do in Aberdeen :

Provest Skene House
    Maritime museum,
    Art Gallery,
    The winter Gardens and Duthie Park - The winter gardens are gorgeous and lovely and warm

There is also the shops! We have 4 shopping centres with all the usual high street names. The bon accord, trinity, and st nicholas centres and the academy. Again if you jump a bus to union street it's all off of there!

This website might help: Aberdeen Official Guide

Hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by Freya; 5th-November-2006 at 10:48 AM. Reason: More info!

Beowulf here...

sorry for not getting back to you Trouble as I am in London at the moment. I'll be back in Aberdeen tomorrow night and I'll have a think about things for you to see and do and drop you a PM then

I love galleries and museums and Aberdeen has some good ones. But there's also some great cinema's if that's your thing, the VUE, the UGC ('cept it's not called that now??) and a little art house cinema called the Belmont that show's some interesting movies as well as some of the hollywood blockbusters as well (and not nearly as busy as the other bigger cinemas)

What weekend are you coming up? Twirly is coming up to visit me the weekend of the the 8th of December, could have a little impromtu forum gathering

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Twirly is coming up to visit me the weekend of the the 8th of December
    Awwww.....

Anyhow, what's the point in coming up then? There's no dancing!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Awwww.....

Anyhow, what's the point in coming up then? There's no dancing!

I know, but I'll be up on a different weekend when there is dancing. It was just the soonest, most convenient one. I think Beo wants to practice as well

Of course, if there's anyone else around, we could always meet up for a drink in a muggle club and take it over

Blog Entries

Beowulf here...

sorry for not getting back to you Trouble as I am in London at the moment. I'll be back in Aberdeen tomorrow night and I'll have a think about things for you to see and do and drop you a PM then

I love galleries and museums and Aberdeen has some good ones. But there's also some great cinema's if that's your thing, the VUE, the UGC ('cept it's not called that now??) and a little art house cinema called the Belmont that show's some interesting movies as well as some of the hollywood blockbusters as well (and not nearly as busy as the other bigger cinemas)

What weekend are you coming up? Twirly is coming up to visit me the weekend of the the 8th of December, could have a little impromtu forum gathering

thanks Twirly,,, thats really really helpful.

Im coming up on the 8th but we are booked solid in the two evenings but we are flying 7am Friday morning (what a nightmare) so will have a couple of daytimes to kill although thinking about it will probably be sleeping friday afternoon (no kids you see have to make the most of it) its so cheap to get to Aberdeen, i will definately try and get to one of the weekenders or really great nights you have... cant wait to see Aberdeen though, never ever been,, isn't that bad..xx

The Forum Legend

I know, but I'll be up on a different weekend when there is dancing. It was just the soonest, most convenient one. I think Beo wants to practice as well

Of course, if there's anyone else around, we could always meet up for a drink in a muggle club and take it over
    Practice what exactly??

Anyhow, I'll probably not be up that weekend. But will look forward to meeting you the next time you're up (Christmas party on the 19th Dec if it goes really well on the 9th, and you want to come up again soon - and it's also my birthday that night too!)

thanks Twirly,,, thats really really helpful.

Im coming up on the 8th but we are booked solid in the two evenings but we are flying 7am Friday morning (what a nightmare) so will have a couple of daytimes to kill although thinking about it will probably be sleeping friday afternoon (no kids you see have to make the most of it) its so cheap to get to Aberdeen, i will definately try and get to one of the weekenders or really great nights you have... cant wait to see Aberdeen though, never ever been,, isn't that bad..xx
    Actually that was Beowulf but logged in as me last night

Well I arrive on the 7th, so maybe we'll get a chance to meet up for coffee or something during the day over the weekend. I'll PM you my mobile number and we can co-ordinate nearer the time. I think I'm being given a guided tour of the City, so am sure that you could come along for part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Practice what exactly??

Anyhow, I'll probably not be up that weekend. But will look forward to meeting you the next time you're up (Christmas party on the 19th Dec if it goes really well on the 9th, and you want to come up again soon - and it's also my birthday that night too!)
    Erm, dancing? Can't think of anything else that would need practice

Shame I won't see you that weekend Trampy (unless Trouble and I can persuade you to change your mind), but I'll see you another weekend for sure.

And boy am I glad that those flights are fairly cheap!! Shares in BA anyone?

Thread Information