Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

Re: World of Warcraft

Out of curiosity, is Lightbringer PvE? If so, I might very well transfer my main character across - I also fancy starting an Alliance Shaman, cos they rock.

Lightbringer is indeed PvE - question is, Horde or Alliance? I've got both but am enjoying my Horde more at the moment (probably because ESG only plays Horde) but Trampy is already there on Alliance.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post
    Lightbringer is indeed PvE - question is, Horde or Alliance? I've got both but am enjoying my Horde more at the moment (probably because ESG only plays Horde) but Trampy is already there on Alliance.
    we could all go horde and hunt Tramp down like a dog

....or now, more like a performing seal

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post

Lol!

It being a PvE server, it doesn't matter too much if we go Horde or Alliance. Unless we want to get a twink and go on the Battlegrounds, in which case Horde is better as the queues are a lot smaller.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

? er... whats a twink ? i only played Wow for a few days all in all..

..you'll be dismayed to hear i've ordered the full version to upgrade my trial account

Quote Originally Posted by andystyle View Post
    It being a PvE server, it doesn't matter too much if we go Horde or Alliance.
    Point is, if we want to play together, have a guild, etc, we need to be the same Faction. I don't really mind which that much (although I already have an Alliance guild and I'd prefer to continue with my Horde uber-rogue).

? er... whats a twink ? i only played Wow for a few days all in all..
    Ooops. Showing my geek credentials there....

Battlegrounds (the PvP arena you can go on if you fancy a wee scuffle) is tiered by level so you don't have Lvl 5's being ganked by Lvl 55's. I think it goes something like Lvl 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 etc. A twink is a character 'sponsored' by your main character - basically, you level your twink to 19, 29, 39 etc and then tool them out with the best kit going by using your main to trawl the lower levels for the correct gear. This kit is usually better than your average player can get as it doesn't go out-of-date due to the levelling process. The upshot is that the twinks own anyone in Battlegrounds due to high stats and are very, very annoying.

Point is, if we want to play together, have a guild, etc, we need to be the same Faction. I don't really mind which that much (although I already have an Alliance guild and I'd prefer to continue with my Horde uber-rogue).
    What do others think? I'm not fussed (although I'd leave my Alliance main on Terenas if we went Horde). Would anyone like to try PvP? I find it's more fun on those servers as the world can seem a lot more dangerous!

I'd rather not do pvp. It gets to be a pain when you're trying to quest and some bored kid is running around ganking you.

Horde or alliance - i don't mind. I've done a lot of alliance stuff, so maybe a change to horde would be good. But either way. I'm easy.

And it doesn't really matter about the expansion until you get to 60, unless you want to play one of the new races blood elves or draeni. But we can live without it i'm sure. there's plenty to do in the original game

Quote Originally Posted by Mostlysane View Post
    I'll join a ceroc guild. that'll be cool. though i'm not sure if i could do all those quests again. what server are you thinking about?

Nooooooooo...

I play too many computer games as it is. I've always avoided MMOs as I worry that I can't just "put it aside" because I'll always know that other people are probably going on quests etc. Having a Ceroc guild maybe is that temptation I don't need.

I did play World of Warcrack briefly on my brother's account and it was alright. Maybe if I knew some of the people on the server it would have been better (or worse for me depending on how you look at it). I still play some multiplayer games online: Civ IV and Enemy Territory mostly at the moment.

The Forum Legend

Are you guys playing with the expansion?
    And it doesn't really matter about the expansion until you get to 60, unless you want to play one of the new races blood elves or draeni. But we can live without it i'm sure. there's plenty to do in the original game
    I am. But as MS says, that doesn't actually matter, apart from the odd tweak.

Bring it on baby!

Actually, I could open a 2nd account, have 2 computers, and join you in the hunt!

I'd rather not do pvp. It gets to be a pain when you're trying to quest and some bored kid is running around ganking you.
    Yeah. I tend to agree. If it wasn't for the idiots you get on PvP, it'd probably be fun. But I'm sure that you get plenty of small people there, who would do that, just to be annoying....

Horde or alliance - i don't mind. I've done a lot of alliance stuff, so maybe a change to horde would be good. But either way. I'm easy.
    Ummm. I don't mind. I guess Tess wants to use her new rogue, so I'm happy to go horde on Lightbringer as well. Is everyone else cool with that??

(Although, I can provide more help with Alliance to the new starters, as I know those quests, and have chars to help out with equipment and suchlike).

What are we going to call the guild?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Ummm. I don't mind. I guess Tess wants to use her new rogue, so I'm happy to go horde on Lightbringer as well. Is everyone else cool with that??
    say yes, say yes...
    What are we going to call the guild?
    It's pretty much got to be a choice between "L'Armée des filles" and "The Grey Milice" hasn't it really? Or maybe "MJMF", "Ceroc conquerors" or even "Tramp's bitches"?

Glitter Queen

I don't mind Alliance or Horde - I've read up on both, and seeing as I'm new if someone shouts "we'll need a <insert character description> in our guild" I'm happy to give it a go.

No starting till after Storm! Everyone got that?! (please )

I'm fine with Horde. I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks, so no doubt I'll come home and you'll all be Level 50 or something...

say yes, say yes...It's pretty much got to be a choice between "L'Armée des filles" and "The Grey Milice" hasn't it really? Or maybe "MJMF", "Ceroc conquerors" or even "Tramp's bitches"?
    As for the name? How about 'Google Ceroc and See'...I wonder how long it would take for Blizzard to pan us for advertising...

? er... whats a twink ?
    Unless we want to get a twink and go on the Battlegrounds,
    I'd be very interested to know how a twink would help you on the battlegrounds. I'm sure it will come to me in time.

The Forum Legend

So. That's 4 votes for Horde on Lightbringer (or don't minds!)? None against so far. I've just started my own Blood Elf Rogue then. Just to be ahead of the game so-to-speak (although, not so far ahead as Tess is!)!

I think that the name should have Ceroc somewhere in the title. Although, "L'Armée des filles et Tramps" does have a certain ring!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

sIt's pretty much got to be a choice between "L'Armée des filles" and "The Grey Milice" hasn't it really? Or maybe "MJMF", "Ceroc conquerors" or even "Tramp's bitches"?
    I quite like "The Licious" as it sounds like a band

or the Clerks 2 stylee and indicative of messing up the game for ESG name of "Donky ****ers"

"The Tramps" is ok , multiple meanings are good . I did once ask the Tramp years ago if he was named after the Sinatra number "The Lady is a tramp"(or whatever its called) but he replied, perhaps thinking i was serious,"no from Lady and the Tramp the Disney Film"

Cool - horde on Lightbringer works for me. Will go have a look myself.

Now what race. Are we all aiming to start in the same area? or doesn't it matter to much for the first few levels - they happen very quickly. If we start making blood elves, we will all need TBC to be able to play together.

The only possible reason i could see for not using Ceroc is that it's a trademarked name. Big Mike might not like it and as you said, Blizz might complain about the use of commercial names. OK - the two possible reasons....

And of course we need 10 people to sign the charter and get the guild up and running, but that'll be easy enough to do.

So are we going to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime View Post

Having a Ceroc guild maybe is that temptation I don't need.
    mate - it's being in a guild that makes these games. You can spend almost as much time gossing as you do playing.

mate - it's being in a guild that makes these games. You can spend almost as much time gossing as you do playing.
    I already have instant messenging, I'm good .

To be fair the only time I started being interested in Internet gaming rather than LAN parties is the use of Voice over IP stuff. It makes it much less like you are fighting faceless machines (though I play against my friends so it doesn't feel like I'm playing against a group of 12 year olds).

If I did join I'd probably "Leeeee-roy Jenkins" for the whole game.

Thread Information