Thread: Help!

Help!

Hiya everyone

I'm seriously considering starting the Stirling class but have NEVER danced in my life. (Stricly come dancing has a lot to answer to!!) It looks like I'll be going on my own but I'm having some last minute doubts and I'm feeling a wee bit scared. Silly things niggling me like 'what do you wear' 'what do you do when you go in' etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx
    Lorraine

Re: Help!

Quote Originally Posted by LTP View Post
    Hiya everyone

I'm seriously considering starting the Stirling class but have NEVER danced in my life. (Stricly come dancing has a lot to answer to!!) It looks like I'll be going on my own but I'm having some last minute doubts and I'm feeling a wee bit scared. Silly things niggling me like 'what do you wear' 'what do you do when you go in' etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx
    Lorraine
    Go...you will love it. Wear what you feel comfortable in. As for shoes, I wore trainers my first time but not great for spinning.

Don't worry about going alone and don't sit in the corner waiting to be asked. Get the men up & practice as much as you can. No one will refuse you a dance.

The Forum Legend

No need to be worried. We all started somewhere once. They're very friendly in Stirling too. I'm sure that you'll have a good time.

Make sure you come back on here, and let us know how you got on!

Enjoy yourself tomorrow!

Go for it!

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in (as long as its easy to move in, really tight jeans are not so good!) and shoes that won't fall off easily. You don't need special clothes or shoes (if you get addicted you might want to invest in dance shoes after a few months, I have a couple of pairs myself - but you don't need them at the start!)

You may not be the only new person there - and the next week you won't be the new person any more. As Trampy said, we were all beginners at one point.

Don't be afraid to ask others, esp the taxi dancers, for help. (Taxi dancers are experienced dancers who are there to help beginners.)

Key thing - relax, and have fun!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTP View Post
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Please don't go along to the class tomorrow, because it has been cancelled.

The next Stirling class is on Tuesday 7th November.
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Thread Information