Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Simon Boreland - visionary or cynical manipulator?

Re: Simon Boreland - visionary or cynical manipulator?

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Oh I missed the party, (did not get an invite, gutted am I ), and now a no holds barred fight with gun play and I have missed all of it as well.

I must be getting mature and grown up in my old age.

I have met SB on a number of occasions and found his classes bloody marvellous.

DTS Dave XXX XXX
    I couldn’t get a ticket and there was people moaning about this free event

Reminds me I miss old ESG and Tigg Tours now was she SACKED or not

To see SB in action and his sheer enthusiasm does it for me , respect to the guy and all his future endeavors

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I couldn’t get a ticket and there was people moaning about this free event

Reminds me I miss old ESG and Tigg Tours now was she SACKED or not

To see SB in action and his sheer enthusiasm does it for me , respect to the guy and all his future endeavors
    Now why couldnt I have put it as clear as that.

Kudos to Stewart38, you big hunk of manhood you.

DTS Dave XXX XX

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    I wonder if GAG (if he was still around) would think the same about monthly venues like Utopia.
    U're going down a bit of a rocky road there, Cru, asking a question like that...

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    U're going down a bit of a rocky road there, Cru, asking a question like that...

what you tring to say CJ

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    is anyone actually in any doubt that GaG is Rocky ? Same MO and typing ...er..style

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    is anyone actually in any doubt that GaG is Rocky ? Same MO and typing ...er..style
    Thank you DS, and actually having read this thread I'm very flattered. The fact that you think I might be GaG of course means very little, because I don't think that 'anyone actually is any doubt that' you're a bit of a fool - the fact that you may not be is not apparent but may, none the less, be true..

If you think that's a GaG like response, then what can I say... Umm..yippee!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Thank you DS, and actually having read this thread I'm very flattered.
    ...see, same style

...or at the very least a GaG fanboy

This one took ages to read.

I took the time as I know Simon, and Jive Nation is still around.

At least he did not anounce his new venue in a class he was teaching at for another dance company... which Gus has quoted, happened some time ago and which also happened more recently.. now that is fully sick

If you get a free dance night and Simon wants to anounce that there will be a new club happening, OK, at least you have a free dance and you can ignore the "adverts".

OK, he did some teaching for Ceroc in the UK, BUT he was not UK trained and was an established teacher already... So he built up Ceroc classes, did his job as a teacher. ---- Say "thank you"

He was a well respected teacher in Aussie... maybe stuck in a time warp, doof doof Aussie a few years ago music state, I do not know if he has changed that of late...(I hope he has). He has an MBA which he worked hard to get, so do not discount his business brain.

I do not know of his thinking about bringing Suzie on board, as IMHO (do not sue me) she was the least respected teacher in Aussie, one to avoid... Just my own opinion and that of all the people I talk to...

It seems he is still around and doing stuff, so all power to him, I do not see that Ceroc UK should have any problem with this. He came in, he built up your classes, he then went independant.

It happens, and I wish him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesGeary View Post
    Rebel Roc never did anything different or unusual, and they were very successful.
    Not true - In the early days, they busked every single weekend in the local shopping centre (EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND)... on the down side, they chucked leaflets on all the cars outside my venue.... for which they got a roasting...

So yes, they were different and unusual.... they put a LOT of effort in... more than any dance company I know.

Success was gained from a lot of hard work.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I have no idea who Simon Borland is, he sounds business minded to me. Probably very similar to Mike Ellard. Who I also don't know.

shake shake tinkle tinkle

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Not true - In the early days, they busked every single weekend in the local shopping centre (EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND)... on the down side, they chucked leaflets on all the cars outside my venue.... for which they got a roasting...

So yes, they were different and unusual.... they put a LOT of effort in... more than any dance company I know.

Success was gained from a lot of hard work.
    Very true - I went on quite a few of those busks in the early days of my dancing. Katy always took her dancers out for coffee and cakes afterwards. She set up the Rebel Yell one day event in Woking where I first saw Robert Cordoba and Deborah (and WCS - wow) and took on Franco at Camber on a Jive weekender years before weekenders were a twinkle in Cerocs eyes. Katy was not afraind of putting in the work.

I do remember her going ballistic when another organisation put leaflets on all the cars in the car park at one of her venues and her saying that it was "definately not on". So if she went off and did it to someone else either her attitude had changed at some point or she was out for revenge.

She did the "dirty dancing" style of classes and workshops years ahead of other organisations - her sense of humour was mostly of the saucy seaside post card variety anyway.

Rebel Roc and Katy did do things that were different and unusual, and often years ahead of many others. She also worked hard to grow her business. I say this as someone who has not connection with Katy other than I used to dance at some of the venues that she ran and I didn't always agree with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    I do remember her going ballistic when another organisation put leaflets on all the cars in the car park at one of her venues and her saying that it was "definately not on". So if she went off and did it to someone else either her attitude had changed at some point or she was out for revenge.
    Not revenge to me, as I never did that to her.

I was supprised that there was a need to do it to me, as she worked hard, with her business partner, to grow her venues.

I thought that was good, and I was suportive, until, I got leafletted.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Not revenge to me, as I never did that to her.

I was supprised that there was a need to do it to me, as she worked hard, with her business partner, to grow her venues.

I thought that was good, and I was suportive, until, I got leafletted.
    I wonder why her attitude to this whole business of leafletting other peoples car parks changed. She was so furious when it was done to her.

I just see these things as a normal punter with no allegence to any particular organisation. All the things I hear about happening between various organisations makes me glad that I have no involvement in the business aspect and gives me an understanding as to how things can get so crazy sometimes.

Thread Information