Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night Kirriemuir Party

Saturday Night Kirriemuir Party

Is anyone travelling to Kirriemuir from Dundee tomorrow night who has room in their car for one more.................please

( happy to pay towards fuel also, as well as the pleasure of my company )

Blog Entries

Help!!

Sorry to hijack your thread Cheeks , but I'm also looking for anyone travelling to Kirriemuir from Perth tonight (or the tea dance tomorrow) who has room in their car for one more.................please?!

I'm also happy to pay towards fuel.

Re: Saturday Night Kirriemuir Party

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyWeeStar View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread Cheeks , but I'm also looking for anyone travelling to Kirriemuir from Perth tonight (or the tea dance tomorrow) who has room in their car for one more.................please?!

I'm also happy to pay towards fuel.
    I never got to meet you so hope you made it there

Quote Originally Posted by cheeks View Post
    Is anyone travelling to Kirriemuir from Dundee tomorrow night who has room in their car for one more.................please

( happy to pay towards fuel also, as well as the pleasure of my company )

Cheeks, it was lovelly to dance with you, so glad who ever found the space to get you there just hope they got you back home too

And now the Hijack, sorry gals but just has to be said.

The Saturday nite Party was absolutely superb, much respect to Trampy and Sheepman for the Music. Sheena and Franck we loved the blues class you did, as we just caught the end.
    Saturday nite alone, was worth every minute of the 2 hour drive from Alloa and the 10 hour drive from London.

Very many thanks to Trampy, Freya, Franck, Tiggerbabe, Ducasi, Alison, Piglet, Dazzler, Sheepman and all we came in contact with. You all made us feel so very welcome

We both look forward to dancing with you all again soon
    Dynamo

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
    And now the Hijack, sorry gals but just has to be said.

The Saturday nite Party was absolutely superb, much respect to Trampy and Sheepman for the Music. Sheena and Franck we loved the blues class you did, as we just caught the end.
    Saturday nite alone, was worth every minute of the 2 hour drive from Alloa and the 10 hour drive from London.

Very many thanks to Trampy, Freya, Franck, Tiggerbabe, Ducasi, Alison, Piglet, Dazzler, Sheepman and all we came in contact with. You all made us feel so very welcome

We both look forward to dancing with you all again soon
    Dynamo

Cheeks, it was lovelly to dance with you, so glad who ever found the space to get you there just hope they got you back home too

I made home safe and sound ,glad you both got home safely and look forward to seeing you both again

Thankyou for a wonderful dance Cheeks

Dynamo
    Pleasure was mine Dynamo thankyou

Glad you had a fab weekend, it was a great night .......early morning of dancing with some so many fantastic people.

Cheeks

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you very much, and I wish we had had more time to chat on the night, but it was certainly buzzing!

This was one of the best nights of dance I have been to in ages, and with all the quality events we have in Scotland and the UK, that's no mean feat! It reminded me of the Buzz we get at the November Beach Ballroom every year or some of the great week-enders late nights... We finally finished dancing before 4.00am, on a high!

Thanks to everyone who made the week-end a success, Tiggerbabe, The Tramp, Sheepman and everyone who booked on the focus week-end or travelled for the party (great to have our 2 Australian visitors ). A great week-end / night is made by the quality of the people attending, and we excelled ourselves!

We'll have more Focus Residential week-ends next year (March & September) and will let you know dates and content soon...

In the meantime Dynamo, it would be great to see you both at the Beach Ballroom party in November (traditionally my birthday party)...
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    This was one of the best nights of dance I have been to in ages,

I had an absolutely brilliant time

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post

Me too! Thanks to all for some Fab dances (and sorry I kept slipping over! )

I had a really fun weekend too, with lots of fab dances – I seemed to be in high demand, which is always good for my ego.

Absolutely shattered, but it was worth it!

My blog is down at the moment, but hopefully I'll be back online tonight with a post about the weekend.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

all of the above

Had a fantastic weekend, great dancing and great laughs.

Big hug to Pretzelmeister who was my dream dancer on Saturday - wow you took my breath away

And wow also to Jo C who looked absolutely fabulous and what a gorgeous daughter! Really glad I managed to catch you this weekend - even if it was for a very short time

dont know what else i can say after all that has been said....

I would like to thank all the lovely women who i had the pleasure of dancing with had some great dances with people i had never met before (our 2 aussie guests and dynamos partner) who are all fantstic dancers i might add! also thanks to Cheeks and Firefly for putting up with my awful attempt at Double Trouble at 3:30am

Big thanks to Trampy,Sheepman and Sheena.....the music was fantastic!

In conclusion i had an absolutely fab weekend and will be bookin next year for definate!

P.S-waited till today to post as i was so tired yesterday that i was not quite as chirpy!......god only knows why?

Thanks to all

Had a fab time. great music , great dancing.
    Looking forward to the next one

Blog Entries

it was certainly buzzing!

This was one of the best nights of dance I have been to in ages, and with all the quality events we have in Scotland and the UK, that's no mean feat!
    I never got to meet you so hope you made it there
    Sadly, no, I didn't. It sounds like you all had an absolutely fab time though. Jealous? Who, me?

Yup hun fraid so!

Had an excellent weekend! Well worth the effort of organising!

Thanx to Trampy who gave me lifts backwards and forwards and Ausie Nessa for keeping me company throughout the weekend.

I had a Fantastic Time! Thanx for all my dances everyone! And with Dancing going on till just before 4am it I wasn't even that jealous being on the door for the first couple of hours!

It was great to see you Dynamo and meet cathy as well as our other visiting DJ Sheepy!

Oh and fab food on sunday night guys glad I stayed down for it!

This was one of the best nights of dance I have been to in ages, and with all the quality events we have in Scotland and the UK, that's no mean feat! It reminded me of the Buzz we get at the November Beach Ballroom every year or some of the great week-enders late nights... We finally finished dancing before 4.00am, on a high!
    Ditto! I had a great night dancing, and my back even behaved itself! Good to meet so many lovely people from Inverness, and of course to see Ness (Australian) again. And the lovely Nessiemonster! I was pleasantly surprised to see so many people drive from all over Scotland just for the Saturday night party, too!

Thanks to everyone who made the week-end a success, Tiggerbabe, The Tramp, Sheepman and everyone who booked on the focus week-end or travelled for the party.
    The music was absolutely fab, especially from Sheepy's slot and onwards (until just before 4am, when we finally stopped!), when there was lots of nice blues, latin, and funky choons to do wcs to! Also enjoyed the tea-dance, but unfortunately missed most of it due to a) losingh my camera bag on my walk with Sheepy, and having to go back and retrace our route to try and find it again (success!), and b) due to JoC bringing her incredibly gorgeous baby daughter, who I ended up cuddling for a great part of the dance! It was lovely to see Jo and Arturo again, though, and didn't mind missing some dances when I had such a lovely and well behaved little baby to cuddle!

We'll have more Focus Residential week-ends next year (March & September) and will let you know dates and content soon...
    Next time I hope we'll have a car, so I can bring my doggie and stay the whole weekend! Greg and I borrowed the resident hotel border collie (Taz) for our walk on Sunday, who I've now renamed 'Killer' or 'The Birdy Slayer' after he managed to kill a pheasant!

I think Greg and I were the only people to go for a walk and enjoy the surrounding area (and gorgeous weather) on Sunday, which is a bit of a shame, as it's just lovely up there. Again, if we'd had a car (and stayed the whole weekend), we would have gone further up to the glens, and headed up a mountain or two. Hey ho, maybe next time?

Will post some piccies from our walk on the photo page when I have time to edit them...

Oh, and great food on Sunday , Trampy, Nessa, Freya, Sheepman and I went for a curry..... But where were Ducasi and Alison (was that her name?)???

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    Oh, and great food on Sunday , Trampy, Nessa, Freya, Sheepman and I went for a curry..... But where were Ducasi and Alison (was that her name?)???
    Sorry about that... We decided for me to get my train we'd be better eating on our own. Lack of signal and battery on my phone prevented me from letting Freya know until later.

Hope to see you next weekend for the Dundee party and Focus workshop & tea dance, and will try to get along for a curry then...
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

It was an absolutely brilliant weekend. Franck's workshops have given me a lot to think about, as always; and of course the parties were just amazing, the Saturday night in particular. Fab music of course, and too many wonderful dancers to mention by name. Although I must just mention Isabelle who I danced with for the first time; all I can say is wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    ...thanks to Cheeks and Firefly for putting up with my awful attempt at Double Trouble at 3:30am...
    You're welcome! I must admit to being rather put out after you had made me walk round for the nth time! But considering we kind of forced you into it you didn't do too badly

And lovely to meet more forumites again; hope to see you all again sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Sorry about that... We decided for me to get my train we'd be better eating on our own.
    Was good to meet you and Alison, hope you had a good meal, we skipped off early too , drive to Alloa and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    Ditto! I had a great night dancing,.. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many people drive from all over Scotland just for the Saturday night party, too!

The music was absolutely fab, especially from Sheepy's slot and onwards (until just before 4am, when we finally stopped!), when there was lots of nice blues, latin, and funky choons to do wcs to!....

Next time I hope we'll have a car, so I can bring my doggie and stay the whole weekend! .....

I think Greg and I were the only people to go for a walk and enjoy the surrounding area ..... we would have gone further up to the glens, and headed up a mountain or two. Hey ho, maybe next time?
    We drove the Ka from London and it was worth every minute, <Trampy & Sheepman played a blinder with the music> our lowland jaunt was all day Friday, absolutely superrb

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yup hun fraid so!

Had an excellent weekend! Well worth the effort of organising!

Thanx to Trampy who gave me lifts backwards and forwards and Ausie Nessa for keeping me company throughout the weekend.

I had a Fantastic Time! Thanx for all my dances everyone! ......

It was great to see you Dynamo and meet Kathy as well as our other visiting DJ Sheepy!

Oh and fab food on sunday night guys glad I stayed down for it!
    We both loved meeting you, look forward to dancing and chatting soon. Especial thanks for the guidance in, without which we may never have got to dance. We plan to stay on Sunday nite also next time, so we dont miss the good meals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyWeeStar View Post
    Sadly, no, I didn't. It sounds like you all had an absolutely fab time though. Jealous? Who, me?
    we certainly did, promise we will chat and dance next time

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    dont know what else i can say after all that has been said....

I would like to thank all the lovely women who i had the pleasure of dancing with had some great dances with people i had never met before (our 2 aussie guests and dynamos partner) who are all fantstic dancers i might add! also thanks to Cheeks and Firefly for putting up with my awful attempt at Double Trouble at 3:30am

Big thanks to Trampy,Sheepman and Sheena.....the music was fantastic!

In conclusion i had an absolutely fab weekend and will be bookin next year for definate!

P.S-waited till today to post as i was so tired yesterday that i was not quite as chirpy!......god only knows why?

Thanks to all
    Was good to chat with you, liked your style on the floor , so did Kathy too see you at Camber and back in Scotland some time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    all of the above

Had a fantastic weekend, great dancing and great laughs.

Big hug to Pretzelmeister who was my dream dancer on Saturday - wow you took my breath away

And wow also to Jo C who looked absolutely fabulous and what a gorgeous daughter! Really glad I managed to catch you this weekend - even if it was for a very short time
    Was good to meet you there, so good to see so many having such fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post

yeah: You just said it all

Thank you very much, and I wish we had had more time to chat on the night, but it was certainly buzzing!

Thanks to everyone who made the week-end a success, Tiggerbabe, The Tramp, Sheepman and everyone who booked on the focus week-end or travelled for the party (great to have our 2 Australian visitors ). A great week-end / night is made by the quality of the people attending, and we excelled ourselves!

In the meantime Dynamo, it would be great to see you both at the Beach Ballroom party in November (traditionally my birthday party)...
    We had a truly fantastic time, thanks and respect to you and all who organised and made this weekend happen. We shall be back
    Beach ballroom sounds superb and we will so love to attend, not least of all because of your birthday < very best wishes from us both > Unfortunately we have already made other arrangements.

Finally respect to all must add Scotland as one of my regular venues now

Many thanks to all for a great night, i went up to say a few goodbyes to a few people before i leave and i am so glad that i did... It was a good one to say the least!

Bit of a hairy drive home though for an Englishman in the middle of the Scottish wilderness at 12 am on Sunday morning! Blimey, did i put my foot down or what! Thought i was gonna bump into Rob Roy!

Cheers.....

SteveB

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burge View Post
    Thought i was gonna bump into Rob Roy!
    Don't be daft he was still dancing at 3.30am
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Smile Re: Saturday Night Kirriemuir Party

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    Don't be daft he was still dancing at 3.30am
    Sheena, is that Franck's new nickname??? He has got a beard!

Thread Information