Thread: Life Coaching?

The Dashing Moderator

Life Coaching?

I've got a training allowance from work which I can spend on personal development. One of the things I'm considering is booking some individual life coaching..

Anyone had any experience of this? How do I find a good coach? (I imagine anyone can set themselves up - I'm not even sure if there are recognised qualifications I can look for)?

Grateful for any help!
    Love dance, will travel

TiggsTours

Re: Life Coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    I've got a training allowance from work which I can spend on personal development. One of the things I'm considering is booking some individual life coaching..

Anyone had any experience of this? How do I find a good coach? (I imagine anyone can set themselves up - I'm not even sure if there are recognised qualifications I can look for)?

Grateful for any help!
    I've got a friend who is a life coach, and has done loads of this sort of thing, and he's a dancer too (but not on the forum), I'm happy to put you in touch with him, if you want to PM me your contact details.

Grateful for any help!
    I had some perhaps four years ago and would thoroughly recommend it. I found the coach almost 'by accident' - we were both doing some volunteer work and after knowing her for more than a year, found out what she did. I had about four sessions sorting out my life goals, looking at what was standing in the way, helpful (& unhelpful) people and so on. She was a lovely mixture of compassion and honest questioning. We met face to face and emailed a lot. I know she also does telephone coaching. She has extra experience of artists and creative people, but 95% of what went on in the coaching was probably applicable to any work/life situation. I'd certainly have coaching again if I reached a spot in life where it seemed useful again. I'm happy to send you her details if you like (she has a website, so you can read a bit more).

If I didn't know about her, any networking event I've ever been to has at least one coach - so I have a number of other people's details I could PM you ... but can't vouch for their effectiveness. I would recommend a 'free' session or introductory meeting first to make sure that you really like the person and so you feel they are able to take you to the next level in a way that you couldn't on your own - & perhaps talk to other clients of theirs.

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Grateful for any help!
    Stewart38 or I will take your money. Stew only works up to £3.22 per hour, so if it's a reasonable sum, I'm your man.

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo View Post
    Stewart38 or I will take your money.
    That's exactly my problem - I can look at websites but it doesn't guarantee I'll find someone who is any good at life coaching, just that they have a really well-designed website...
    Love dance, will travel

That's exactly my problem - I can look at websites but it doesn't guarantee I'll find someone who is any good at life coaching, just that they have a really well-designed website...
    I've just checked, and I can say confidently that I don't have one of those, so you're quite safe. I'll pm you my bank details and you can get started.

Don't. I've been to El's ranchero and he's wa-a-a-ay behind on the life coaching stakes.

If you want to twitter around with dubiously useful electronics until your brain squeezes out of your ear and pokes you in the eye, then he's your man...

While we're on the subject, am I the only one who's eyebrows shot up when reading that Heather Mills-McCartney has a 22 year old male "personal trainer"...?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Don't. I've been to El's ranchero and he's wa-a-a-ay behind on the life coaching stakes.

If you want to twitter around with dubiously useful electronics until your brain squeezes out of your ear and pokes you in the eye, then he's your man...
    Look, pay no heed to the fact that my personal life is a wreck. Have you ever seen the wiring in an electrician's house? And why do doctors take more time off sick than any other profession? These are not coincidences.

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo View Post
    Look, pay no heed to the fact that my personal life is a wreck.
    Oh. Oops, my bad. I thought it was just your house.

I have a Certificate in Life Coaching, so you could pay me! Unfortunately I didn't do the Diploma (which is the full qualification) as I couldn't get the funding once I moved up to Scotland.

As part of the course I had coaching myself and found it really helpful - it helped me decide what I wanted to do with my life and I'm now just a few months away from being qualified in my new career.

My coach is no longer doing coaching, but I do know an excellent lady in Nottingham, so if you want contact details, please PM me.

Bop

Thread Information