Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it supposed to hurt this much?

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Re: Is it supposed to hurt this much?

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    This is making me a bit apprehensive. I'm booked in for a dips+drops workshop next month!
    Dont worry too much, i was leading!!! The only muscles that may hurt will be the ones in your thighs, just remember to warm up, cool down AND have a nice hot bath!

MMM! nice hot baths are always good for soreness...however I ripped part of my toenail off this weekend whilst going into a dip...hot baths sting after that!
    <!-- / message -->

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

One of my regular dance partners is teaching me various lifts and aerial stuff at the moment and although I am never in pain, I wake up the next day covered in bruises!

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    {snip...lots of useful stuff...snip}
    Thank you for that Caro, think I'll be busy building up my thighs too over the next few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by JIVEBUNNY
    Firefly - which workshop are you going to?
    I'm going to the one in Glasgow on the 12th of November. I take it that's not the same one you're going to? (just looking at your location). Shame, we could have held each other up on the way out!

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Dont worry too much, i was leading!!! The only muscles that may hurt will be the ones in your thighs, just remember to warm up, cool down AND have a nice hot bath!
    Think I can manage that! Just hope I don't end up having to take time off work the next day - I may regret saying that!

Yep, i am going to the one in Daventry on the 5th, so not a lot of time to build up those thighs!! I think i will be crawling out the door!

hope you enjoy it all the same, ill let you know how i get on!!!

I did a dips leans and seducers workshop last year and I ached more at the end of that day than at any other time previous or subsequently when dancing. I still believe it's the best environment in which to learn those types of moves (as opposed to a standard class) but was enough to make me realise that type of dancing was neither playing to my strengths nor something that I enjoyed particularly. Fortunately, there's a huge amount of other ways to dance Jive that I have concentrated on instead. It's not to say I'll never do a dip or drop but just that they'll be infrequent and one of a fairly small and safe selection (unless I encounter Kamikaze woman from Chiswick again )

Did my dips, leans and seducers class yesterday in Daventry, had a great day , as for aching, i am feeling it today in my right thigh, backs of arms and my right side. Well worth the trip and the stupidly early start, feel much more confident and JiveAddicted only placed my on the floor a few times, but that was because i got the giggles!

Luckily i am not a work today but will be practicing tonight, if my muscles will let me.

Thanks Alex for a great class, hope you've recovered from your McDonalds

Ax

Thread Information