View RSS Feed

Gav

Stevie Wonder

Rate this Entry
DT & I went to see Stevie Wonder at the O2 on Friday night.

I now know for sure where the best seats are. :rolleyes: For Prince we had middle-height seats in the bottom tier and they were OK. This time I decided to spend a bit more and get us floor seats about 20 rows back from the stage. Mistake! :sick: You can't see anything from there.
For anyone going to the O2 to see a band/performer, I think the best seats are the first row of the bottom tier, within about 30 seats from the stage. That way you can see over all the floor seats and have an unobstructed, close view.

Anyway. I was shocked. Stevie's voice sounded exactly the same as it did on studio recordings 30-40 years ago. Absolutely amazing! :clap:

I think we got away with not seeing much thanks to the big screens and the fact that it wasn't a particularly 'visual' experience. I thought it was a bit odd though, that so many people were walking around, going backwards and forwards for food and drink. It wasn't just a few, there was a constant flow of people. How rude! He might be blind but the rest of his entourage aren't! :mad:

Stevie's been eating all the pies, btw.

If he'd played constantly for a week, I doubt he could've played all his hits, but he managed most of my favourites and some that I'd never heard of.

Well worth going, despite the bad points. After all, you just never know if you'll ever get the chance again.

Submit "Stevie Wonder" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stevie Wonder" to Google

Comments

a bit pessimistic that last line
    Well avoiding the obvious, like I might get hit by a bus, or he's been eating all the pies and is around 60, he might just decide he doesn't want to tour anymore.
    I'd be gutted if I passed on an opportunity and never had the chance again.