View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Got wheels!

Yup, I have access to a car again (albeit temporarily) - hurrah! :clap: My brother's on holiday this week and has put me on his insurance so I can use his MG while he's away - bless him. :awe: I got my first shot of it last night and crawled the half mile home I was so scared I'd damage it! :what: It's so different to my mum's Rover 100 (which has bitten the dust due to rust), but I have to admit I'm [B]liking[/B] it! I mean, you can adjust both the wing mirrors by twirling this little knob rather ...

Updated 14th-September-2007 at 08:08 PM by ShinyWeeStar

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Run London

This morning was my threshold run - sort of. I'm still not sure I'm doing it right, but surely there are points for trying?

I love being able to run in central London - this morning's route took me through Hyde Park, past Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and the London Eye. My longer training runs I always do at the weekend, but I make sure I make time before work to do my mid-week runs in London - it's endlessly fascinating to see the early morning city activity.

This ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Beautiful day for it!

It is a lovely morning for running, this morning. The sun is shining, there's a slight coolness in the air which will disappear as the day heats up and the visibility is good enough to see the detail of London skyline.

I did my usual route around Regents Park and down through the backstreets to Tottenham Court Road. The thing which is so enjoyable about running before work is that my mind is completely free. Two observations from this morning's route:
    #1 there are loads ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Let's give this blog thing a go...

I've never written a blog before; I expect it'll be something else for me to start and then let fall by the wayside, but hey ho! :rolleyes:

It's been a quiet few weeks dancing wise. Having no car, energy or enthusiasm hasn't made for a good combination and meant I missed Kirriemuir and the Scottish Champs. Still, I'm feeling a bit brighter today, so fingers crossed I'm turning a corner. :nice:

In other news... I went on a car treasure hunt organised by the church this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Slog Blog

I am pleased to report that I ran this morning - about 6.4 miles. I'm less pleased to report that it was a bit of a slog. My pace was all over the place and I had to slow to a walk three times.

Sometimes I find my rhythm and can just dig in and keep my pace steady as the miles pass. Sometimes - like today - it is a herculean effort just to keep my legs going and it feels so dispiriting because it shouldn't be such an ungainly scrappy fight to drag my sorry self out and home again. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast