View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Observations on New York/ers

Well, my first visit to the good ol' US of A is over and certainly some of my ideas of what it would be like have been blown away.

[LIST][*]I certainly didn't see as many burger-eating fatties as I expected.:blush: In fact, the majority of people I saw were fairly fit (including a lot of joggers). There were fast-food places and coffee bars all over the place, but they all had the calorie content of everything printed too.[*]Before I left, I read a report that said that the Subway is ...
  2. More Jump, Jive n Boogie

I nearly forgot, a new experience this weekend...
    We decided to do as many lessons as we could, regardless of whether they were needed or not; but before the beginners MJ class could even start, DT had an idea. Why don't we fix partners and swap roles?
    :rofl:
    Well, apart from being thrown around by a sozzled snowwhite once, I've never tried following. For someone who's used to leading, it's not easy to let go and be led. :sick:
    But DT did an admirable job shoving me around ...
    Tags: class, follow, lead, roles, swap
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Jump, Jive n Boogie

Got back yesterday and I'm exhausted. :sick:

There were good things and bad things, like most weekenders, but overall I had a great time. :clap:

2 years ago we gave the Rock n Roll classes a try (I was terrible) as there was tons of Rock n Roll music. This time, as much Rock n Roll but no classes! :angry:

Quite a few MJ classes, but not much suitable music for the complete beginners to practice to. :angry:

A WCS class (which we didn't do) and virtually ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Posting dance learning progress in the forum

I suppose this is just another "thoughts dump" really, but what better place?

Anyway, I was wondering if posting my experiences as I learn to Lindy Hop (or anything else) on the main forum is a bit self-indulgent, and does anyone else really give a toss?
    Well I did come up with one justification...
    The thing is, that as a beginner I want and welcome as much help as I can get; however, as a beginner I don't always know the questions to ask. So, if I post my experiences ...
  5. Scenery

Another "bored" moment at work and I found myself staring out of the window at the scenery.
    There's something about the patchy clouds and sun that seems to bring this particular London skyline to life.
    I'm looking out over Horseguards, St. James' Park, Westminster & Big Ben and various spectacular but (as yet by me) unidentified buildings.
    The green Copper rooftops, gold trim, flagpoles and all shades of stone really come alive as the clouds and sun roll across. ...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast