View RSS Feed

Gav

1. Handbags and trains

<rant>
    What is it about women with big handbags, with hard, sharp edges on the underground? :confused:

They either:
    a) tuck it under their arm before they sit down, completely oblivious that it sticks out up to a foot past them and is going to dig into the person next to them as they sit down :angry:, and/or
    b) Swing it over their shoulder as the get up, knocking your phone/coffee/newspaper out of your hands, or nearly hitting you in the face! :angry:
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Employment agencies

Euch. :sick:

Why do they bother wasting everyone's time?
    I know they're not all bad, but as a freelance writer I get them calling me a lot and I'm sick of them not even bothering to check my details first.

They call and ask me what sort of job I'm looking for! I thought they meant what sort of industry, length of contract etc, but no, they hadn't even bothered to see what job I do before calling! :tantrum:
    Then, once we've established that I'm not a software ...
  3. Delivery times

You know when you order something for delivery and they tell you it'll be delivered between 7am and 8pm?
    So, you think to yourself "oh F.f.s., that means I'll wait in all day and if I'm lucky it'll arrive at 8pm, if not they'll phone at 8pm to tell me they're delivering tomorrow!"?

Sod's law, the new fridge/freezer turned up this morning at 7am on the fekkin' dot! :angry:

Luckily while I was wiping the sleep out of my eyes, the delivery guy evicted the 14 ...