View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Bright Light City...

... gonna set my soul on fire!

On 2nd December I ran the Las Vegas half marathon and it was awesome! It was a bit strange starting so early in the morning, I'm not really sure why it was so early - maybe road closures? It was unexptectedly cold while we were waiting - but the Elvis tribute band kept up our spirits. Then the fireworks went off and we were away - singing along to Viva, Las Vegas as we crossed the starting line.

Running along the Strip was fantastic ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Confession

Forgive me, (theoretical) Readers, for I have sinned. It has been several weeks since my last blog entry.

I have been doing some training in this time, although admittedly not very much. But with four weeks to go now until my half marathon, I'm thinking it would be better to get some proper miles under my gel-belt. Otherwise it is going to hurt on the day. Oh yes.

I have recently discovered that the race is scheduled to start at 6:07 a.m., which seems an odd ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Shiny Happy Sunday!

I managed to make my long slow run both long (7.1 miles) and slow today - woo hoo! Seven miles and it felt good - I felt strong and comfortable, not struggling like last week. I think last week I was trying to run too fast - no wonder it felt like such an effort!

It was lovely running out in the cool of the early morning and heading back bathed in the warm sunshine. I saw the red kites again - one sat in a tree next to a magpie and one circling overhead. And as I ran past someone's ...

Updated 25th-September-2007 at 10:08 AM by Divissima

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Run London

This morning was my threshold run - sort of. I'm still not sure I'm doing it right, but surely there are points for trying?

I love being able to run in central London - this morning's route took me through Hyde Park, past Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and the London Eye. My longer training runs I always do at the weekend, but I make sure I make time before work to do my mid-week runs in London - it's endlessly fascinating to see the early morning city activity.

This ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Beautiful day for it!

It is a lovely morning for running, this morning. The sun is shining, there's a slight coolness in the air which will disappear as the day heats up and the visibility is good enough to see the detail of London skyline.

I did my usual route around Regents Park and down through the backstreets to Tottenham Court Road. The thing which is so enjoyable about running before work is that my mind is completely free. Two observations from this morning's route:
    #1 there are loads ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast